Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/238/175

Height: 5"4.5

Default Feeling Guilty

I skipped my workout yesterday, ate cookies, and now skipped my workout today. But today I've eaten perfectly - wholegrain fiber toast w/ natural pb and banana, string cheese and watermelon, then snacked on some sugar snap peas.

I feel guilty not exercising today and for sneaking in those cookies.

I need motivation!
goldiegirlrtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #2  

Nothing, nothing, nothing to feel guilty about. You are doing awesome today, that's the important part. Getting back on the horse every time we have a moment (or 2) of weakness is key.

You can do this!!! Good luck!!

Last edited by elvislover324; 05-31-2013 at 06:50 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Maybe you should rethink your fitness plan. Try changing up your work out to something different if you don't want to do it
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Oh, and when I skip a few days of something, I give myself a "build up" day where I do an easier version of what i usually do, so I don't dread getting back into it as much, but I'm still conditioning myself for the next day.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #5  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey, don't feel guilty! I know, it's not that straightforward... But keep reminding yourself that guilt serves no purpose than to keep the perfection/imperfection/guilt cycle going

You can break that cycle by teaching yourself to cut out the guilt part of the equation. Accept you won't get it perfect every time. Nobody does! If someone you loved skipped a workout, would you lay a guilt trip on them? Don't do it to yourself either.

This journey's basically a long series of moments where we have to do the best we can with what we have. Sometimes we hit the target, sometimes we miss. As long as we keep on shooting, we're already doing better than we were. Results come naturally from that. Let go of any negative thoughts, what's past is past, and just face your next eat/exercise decision with the best you can give it. And if you miss? Let it go and take a shot at the next target. And if you hit it? Feel proud, and remember that's proof that you CAN do it! Just not perfectly, all the time.

the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote