Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #1  

Default Why can't bathing suits have sleeves? Just kidding (maybe...)

I had this stupid idea of trying on bathing suit tops today when I went to the mall. I will call it temporary insanity as that's all I can come up with.

I bought a pair of swim shorts the other day as I have so much hanging thigh skin that I wanted something longer than a regular bathing suit bottom. (The skin is disgusting, I can't even describe it.)

So I went looking for a top to match (the shorts are black so the possibilities are endless). I learned real quick that I need a built-in bra and it's more because I lost so much of my boobs as opposed to having too much up there! (And I'm ok with that, my inflated chest from gaining weight made me look even bigger than I was, I think. Now I'm flat compared to what I was before and I love it.)

I think I tried on 40 bathing suit tops between Macys, Old Navy, Sears and JCPenney. I came home with ZERO. (The 2 at Macys and 1 Lands End that I considered almost acceptable were over $50 each ON SALE! I'm not THAT insane...)

All of the bathing suit tops I tried on were sleeveless.

My cottage cheese arms near my armpits are gross!! When my arms & thighs were bigger, they were solid fat!! Now they are like shriveled balloons. At least I could find a semi-solution for the thighs (plus they are hidden in the water) but my arms can't be hidden. There will be no beachball volleyball in the pool this year, batwings could be classified as assault with a dangerous weapon!

I think I just have to invest in a wetsuit and pretend I'm a diver every time I go in our pool. I never worried about any of this before when I was large, I just put on my large suit and jumped in.

I did try on my old bathing suits again today to see if I could make anything work for now. I could, if I tie them around me twice...

Back to the drawing board I guess...
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #2  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh I'm right there with ya....I need to find a new one as well this year and can't stand my batwings and flabby thighs. I need one of those old time 1920's bathing suits that cover just about everything
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Im not sure where you live so idk how difficult it will be to find, but look for a rash guard, typically you see surfers and boogie boarders wear them, but i dont see why you couldnt as well
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I know this is ebay and all, but there ARE some cute bathing suits that you could find to work with your body.

These ones are pretty darn cute!

I used to be the one (and probably still am for now) who would "forget" my swimsuit but convientently have a change of clothes in the trunk. So I'd have a thin tee shirt and shorts and just run and jump in. It was always a "funny" thing cause I'd be swimming in clothes and yadda yadda. Little did anyone know, I planned that.

Also something like this, or this would be flattering as it comes in at the armpit area. And would still be workable to wear with the bottoms over top. Those particular ones are pricey, but I just mean the style of the really thick strap that goes to the outer portion of your shoulder.

By the way, didn't realise you were so close to goal. Thats awesome! Congratulations.

Last edited by Remington90; 05-31-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
Oh I'm right there with ya....I need to find a new one as well this year and can't stand my batwings and flabby thighs. I need one of those old time 1920's bathing suits that cover just about everything
Seriously!! I need everything covered! It's really dreadful LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Im not sure where you live so idk how difficult it will be to find, but look for a rash guard, typically you see surfers and boogie boarders wear them, but i dont see why you couldnt as well
Oh pnkrck, those are brilliant!! I never even thought of that!!! I just googled them and will check them out. I was really just kidding about bathing suits with sleeves but now that they really do exist, I'm going to think about that!! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post
I know this is ebay and all, but there ARE some cute bathing suits that you could find to work with your body.

These ones are pretty darn cute!

I used to be the one (and probably still am for now) who would "forget" my swimsuit but convientently have a change of clothes in the trunk. So I'd have a thin tee shirt and shorts and just run and jump in. It was always a "funny" thing cause I'd be swimming in clothes and yadda yadda. Little did anyone know, I planned that.

Also something like this, or this would be flattering as it comes in at the armpit area. And would still be workable to wear with the bottoms over top. Those particular ones are pricey, but I just mean the style of the really thick strap that goes to the outer portion of your shoulder.

By the way, didn't realise you were so close to goal. Thats awesome! Congratulations.
Thanks for those link, Remington! I'm definitely going to check those out. I clicked the ebay one and that's just what I was thinking so between you and pnkrck, I'm going to find something!

In regards to my goal, that's another story! I change my goal every 5lbs more or less. I was getting so overwhelmed with still so much to lose, I decided to take it 5lbs at a time. So this week when I got close to 190, I moved it down again. I'm hoping to get to 170-165, 150 would be amazing but I think I'm to big and flabby for that. So 5lbs at a time it is!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #6  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

If I'm swimming for reasons other than exercise, I often wear a white/light-colored, thin t-shirt over my swimsuit. It's mainly because I sunburn really easily, but it also has the added bonus of covering up some upper-arm flab.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote