Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default My journey to lose half a person

Ok folks. Guess this is really day one again. Started on may 11 and fell off the wagon pretty quick. Today I start again. Didn't do too badly as I lost 5lbs. Started tracking my eating and exercise with shape up app. Will see if it was worth the $35 for the year. Also got a running app. Hahaha. I don't run. At least not yet but it will track my distance and log it automatically for me.

I really need to lose the weight. So much so that I decided to go on the wait list for the lapband. Really don't want surgery so am trying to us it as my motivation. My dr says the wait list is 3-4 years. So one way or another the weight WILL come off. Yestrrday I walked for almost 2km and it took about 25 min. I did it while my daughtrr was at speech therapy. Will do again today. I'm going to try to use this site as a journal and to keep me on track. Can't promise to post everyday but going to try for once a week.

I also have to set some mini goals for myself and daily goals too I think. So todays goal will be to walk around the block at speech and to doing housecleaning for 30 min. (I hate housecleaning.) I'm not a hoarder but a slob. Sometimes I just don't have the energy. Hopefully losing the weight will help with that.

I also hope it will lower my blood pressure too. Only 35 and on meds for high blood pressure. It's embarrassing. Since i dont really expect anyone to read this im rambling. Seems like my autocorrect is off. Oh well.

So back to my next weight goal. To lose 10 lbs. Halfway there. By the way if anyone does read this hi there.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #2  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

I read it. Welcome!

You can do this--and we'll all cheer for you!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I was where you are and I am living proof that if I can do it, anyone can! Good job on the walking and log in to these forums every day- even the bad ones- it will help!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

You can do it! We are all in the same boat. We're all here for support and it really works. You just have to be positive!! Good Luck!
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome ainslie!

Of course we are going to read your thread. This is what we do.

Good job taking that first step. We all have to take this journey one step at a time and one bite at a time.

You can do this! You deserve it!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good Luck! It can be done ! I did it and I like you considered WLS but my Family intervened and convinced me Not to do it! So glad my family spoke openly and honestly about my weight! Glad I had the good sense to be able to accept input of my family....From what I have read on the boards here most people...do not want family to be truthful about concerns for their health when weight related! I guess weight has soo much emotion attached to it makes it hard for some to have rational discussions with family members.

So grateful my family interfered with my life ...,they have help turn my life around and I lost half a person!!!! In a remarkably short time on Ideal Protein!
When family spoke out of love and concern for my health ...glad my ego/ spirit could see and accept that it was coming from a place of love and concern....and not as a way to degrade me or tell me I was less than...but a way that let me know they Believed in Me and Cherished Me...message Received and Love accepted!
Grateful for family that did not pretend that My Fatness was invisible!
Good Luck, Roo2:
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #8  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

It absolutely can be done! Lots of us here to prove that. You can do this, good luck!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #9  

Hi!!! I read it too!!

3FC is the best resource I had in losing my weight. I turned here every time I needed something to keep me on plan, whether it was mental or food cravings or just feeling like not being on a diet anymore. This site has kept my eye on the prize and the friends I have made here are priceless, I couldn't have done it without all of them.

You can do this, we are going to be here every step of the way.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #10  

Thank you for all the encouragement. Just realized I'm not losing a half a persob but a whole person. Oops. Did go for my walk today. Was 1.89 km in 25:20. Not too bad for starters. Was so hot here in moncton today 30 ºC. Drank lots of water and made it through.
Also did my housecleaning as well. Doesn't look like much but if I csn keep it up it will improve kinda like weight loss . Did read once that a messy house and lead to weight issues. So maybe a clean house will reverse it?? Will be fun to see. Don't get me wrong, I don't live in filth. Just chronicly disorganized.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

Hey, welcome! You're doing great so far. Keep it up! I'm working (hard) on adding present positive affirmative statements to my thinking this time around. So I tell myself "I am fit" or "I am healthy" ...yeah seems like I'm lying to myself at first but a positive attitude will always help me do better than a sad one :-) have a great day!
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

By the way, I want to lose about 130lbs so I'm aiming to lose a whole person too :-) you're not alone
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #13  

Well don't know if this is good or bad. Didn't want to make supper so went to "gasp" macdonalds. Got a small fry and feista wrap but accidentally go crispy chicken. Added the calories up on shape up and wow I was bang on for the day. Maybe I'll pay for it on the scale tomorrow but glad I didn't have to beat myself up about fast food. The feista wrap with the grilled chicken is 490 calories but is also really filling. I really didn't need to get the fry. Will know better for next time...which won't be any time soon.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #14  

Well I didn't lose any weight this morning. Was feeling kinda bummed until I used the fat loss monitor. Went from 46.4% to 45.7% body fat. Thats like 2.4 lbs of fat loss
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #15  

Think I did well today. Stay with my calories and got some exercise. Took my measurements so have more this to track my success with than just the scale. The numbers made me feel really fat but at least I'm taller than I am round. Waist is 55" height is 67".