Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/245/170

Height: 5" 6'

Talking P90X. What dreams and nightmares are made of.

Hello, ladies! I just started P90X four days ago. It has been some kind of experience....I was really worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with the workout, and some days I am frantically trying to catch up, but I feel it getting better and better every day.

I also started eating clean - greens, veggies, proteins, and minimal carbs. I've already lost five pounds!!

Don't get me wrong - the transition was terrifying. I've been drinking, eating burgers, and sitting on my butt for years and the first day of the P90x Lean Program was like torture. But every day I feel a bit more energetic than the last. I wake up and stretch and feel happy to take the day on. My boyfriend is also doing P90x with me. He's much smaller and more athletic than myself, so he tackles the pull up bar and has a bit more success, but he's hurting at the end of the day too.

But yeah, I Figured I'd share my story with ya'll. IF you have been interested in P90X and you think you can take on the hour a day of intense training, it's definitely worth it. On the website there is a fitness test you can take to see if you qualify, but trust me, even if you can do the fitness test it is still going to be a very hard challenge. The best part about P90X is it's okay if you can only do six or seven reps this week...next week you push for a few more. You do what makes you comfortable. Plus, if you're feeling really icky and stiff...the stretch DVD alone will wake you up! Totally recommend P90X if you're bored of regular gym going and need a high intensity boost!

<- Me until I go home and do Ab Ripper X.
ImYourCapitan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Captain!! I tried Insanity...it truly is Insane. I could barely make it through the fitness test. I saw on TV an ad for his new 10 minute trainer series...i really think i may give that a try first and work my way up to the P90X. I'm afraid right now, I just may not be fit enough :-(
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/245/170

Height: 5" 6'

Shoeluver, I hear you on that! It's definitely not easy stuff! I think that if I wasn't so lucky to have the DVDs to borrow (Insanity and P90X are not cheap!) I would have definitely started a bit slower. But I do not doubt that you'll get there! The best advice I can give so far is don't be afraid of anything - if you feel in your heart that you can take on P90X, then do it!!! It's a lot meeker than Insanity - that's beyond my wildest comprehension, so I already give you kudos for that!
ImYourCapitan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Oooh. I have that program. I think I tried it maybe once in my life. My old roommate left it here when he moved out and, well, it's mine now. Haha.

What I wonder, and maybe you can answer this, is will it work to slim me down or is it just for building muscle? You know what I mean? Does it make you stronger or does it make you thinner?

I mean, I don't plan on being a gym rat for the rest of my life and thus am trying to make my weight loss plans sensible. So once I finish the P90X if I so decide to go for it, will it all be for naught even if I do keep on my healthy eating plan and regular workout (much less intense)?

Does that make sense? This is the question that haunts me for most hardcore eating/exercise plans. I'm all for quick fixes since I plan to eat healthy for the rest of my life, but does this require hardcore maintenance?
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

You definitely won't maintain the same level of fitness if you decrease your exercise intensity, but the calories you burn doing the exercises don't come back. What are you hoping to get from a fitness program? Exercise does not make you thinner; being in a caloric deficit makes you thinner. Exercise improves your appearance so you don't end up looking exactly the same (with the same problem areas) just smaller.

I bought P90X in Jan but I started belly dancing again about the same time so I'm doing that three days a week and the Body By You exercise program three days a week. I don't know if I could handle an hour of P90X on top of an hour of belly dance, and I know that my dance form suffers if I try to do that after working out. I also work 60+ hours a week so I'm scared to commit to working out an hour a day six days a week!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm on the first yoga day of P90X. It's def. ehat nightmares are made of...HAHA! Congrats on your healthy choices!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #7  

Oh my Insanity literally is INSANE. I couldn't keep up with the moves and was basically prancing about my living room flailing my arms like a maniac. Haha! Hey, I bet I burned a ton of calories anyway!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #8  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I love P90X, I completed a round of it back in 2011 and lost so much weight. It was fantastic. My husband and I just started Insanity this week, and we are going to do a round of P90X after we complete the 2 months of Insanity!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #9  
Florence

S/C/G: 155/152/132

Height: 5'6''

i just did my first workout... i am pretty exhausted!!!
loser59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

It is certainly intense, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it - especially the lean version. Go at your own pace, push yourself, but only do what you can do. I certainly am not doing everything as high rep, high weight as the guys in the videos, but I'm still getting a great workout. I personally like the cardio based ones (core synergistics, cardio x, etc.) over the muscle group specific ones. This program is great if you don't have access to a gym... Although I'm not sure my neighbor under me likes the program very much.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #11  

What is the lean version?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #12  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Tried to do the core synergistics video today and I got through 20 minutes and had to stop. >.< Gonna try to finish the rest when I get home. Trying not to think myself out of doing it.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
What is the lean version?
I found this info online.

Classic: This routine offers three days of resistance (with the use of free weights or resistance bands that will have to be purchased separately) and three days of cardio and yoga.

Lean: This routine offers two days of resistance and four days of cardio/yoga.

Doubles: This routine is nothing more than the Classic program with extra cardio thrown in. Typically, a person will do the regular program in the morning and then will do the extra cardio in the evening. Its very intensive and for people who want to serious strength training.

It’s recommended to start with the classic or lean routines first and to leave the doubles for when you’re more advanced. It’s commendable to want to rush through the system by doing as much as possible, but you must consider that your body can only do so much. It’s better to start slow and build up, especially if you’re not used to exercising. If you try to do too much too soon, you’ll only burn out and you’ll never complete the ninety days.

www .workout-calendar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Yellow-P90X-Lean-Calendar-Month-1.pdf

www .workout-calendar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Yellow-P90X-Lean-Calendar-Month-2.pdf

www .workout-calendar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Yellow-P90X-Lean-Calendar-Month-3.pdf
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/265/165

Height: 5'4

Default How is it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluver67 View Post
Way to go Captain!! I tried Insanity...it truly is Insane. I could barely make it through the fitness test. I saw on TV an ad for his new 10 minute trainer series...i really think i may give that a try first and work my way up to the P90X. I'm afraid right now, I just may not be fit enough :-(
Hello,

I was drawn in by your quote. How has it been going since April with the weight loss and exercise?
ImWeighedDown is offline   Reply With Quote