Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 08:35 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#176

If you are looking for a great group to join that will be here for you in prayer through all the good and hard times we experience while going through this journey in Life then this is where you need to be. Everyone is welcome to join!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #2  

Hello Just a quick post to let you know I made it through another day!!!!! I will add up the cal later but I know I made it! I did some more healthy shopping and I found sugar free fudge bars for snack tonight that is only 45 cals! I bought some sugar free and fat free pudding (you can't buy it premade you have to make it with skin milk) Tonight we are having a cajun chicken salad my husband makes the best!

Sue-I am so glad you had a good day I know just what you mean about time flying by. When I went to the Dr a couple weeks ago I saw they had my age wrote real large at the top of the paper. It was a shock to see it in writing! When I got to the car I called my husband and ask him if I was really that old LOL! (it is hard to remember when you have stayed 25 for so long!)

SunnyD-I am so glad your Mom is doing OK. Your Dad should have called you or your Brother should have. (it sounds like your brother is like you dad LOL) I hope you feel better after talking to your Mom. And we are always here for you. I found that we were hit with a virus so I had to make sure it was gone before I tried to sent the pictures again. So thurs I will try again.

Ez-I love the pictures! You make me want a digital camera so bad! I took a ton of picture at this wedding I went to last friday and was so unhappy with the color of some of them If I had a digital I would have seen how they would have come out before printing!

Wilma-I said a prayer for you to have an OP day. I know I am weak so I have been spliting up my food to eat about every few hrs. Like I had breadfast then a snack then half of my sandwich then a snack then the other half of my sandwich then a snack then dinner then a snack then bed! And in between I drink water.

Judy,Mitchy,Sherry and all others I hope you had a good day!

Prayers,
Sami
Old 10-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down WEDNESDAY NIGHT

HELLO GALS

I am watching the World Series, well, I am listening to it, our computer is in the kitchen nook area and I can hear the TV in the living room. I will get back to it later of course.

Went to my nephews class at school last night, his class is going to Washington D.C. for 3 days and New York City for 2 days in April-- we had to discuss fundraising activities etc. to keep the cost down. It is $1,500.00, last year they fund raised about $500.00 each so if we do that again it sure will help. My son was planning on going as a chaperone and because the trip would really help him with teaching history-- however this week his transmission went out on his car so it took $2,000.00 for that, pretty much all he had in savings. He said there is no way now he can get the $1,700.00 (chaperone/adult price). He does have vacation money stashed away but that is for his yearly trip in Janruary he takes with his buddies to Hawaii-- they already have reservations etc. He talked about taking some money out of his stock investments but I don't think he will-- I am not so sure I want him to anyway.
My daughter had a tennis match today but I couldn't get off work-- since I have had so many days off lately-- still haven't heard how she did.
Nephew doing good this week although he volunteered us for snacks for his volleyball game-- no problem except we have a grocery strike here and I have to cross the picket line-- he thinks it's fun

SAMI-- I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PROUD of you girl!! What a great way to start your new life!! Don't worry about the wimpy weights just take them 1 at a time! Great job on the calories and the water-- REMEMBER-- CALORIES IN-- CALORIES OUT is the way to lose-- if you eat less than you take in you will lose-- the more exercise the better! You can do this!!!!!

ANGEL-- When I saw the list of grandkids and parents you sent it reminded me of a story. My neighbor, she passed away this last summer at 92, had over 75 grand-great-great great grandkids-- a couple of years ago I asked her " Alice, how in the heck do you remeber all their names?" I thought she would say she didn't-- she told me very matter of fact " With the computer" I thought that was so cool-- 90 years old and knowing how to use the computer and at the time I didn't even know how to turn ours on.

JUDY How was the hunting Hope your DH had a great 50th!!

MICHELE- Sorry you had to see that deer-- that also reminded me of a story my friend from Bend told me this summer-- his wife dropped him off for a camping trip, she was supposed to take the long way home- it was safer- she didn't and ended up in the middle of nowhere-- she hit a deer-- well, someone heard the crash, the deer was pinned under the car, anyhow after several minutes about 6 men showed up- she was so happy to see them although a little concerned since she was out in the sticks alone and it was dark. They asked her if she was OK, which she was, and then spent the next half hour over the deer-- she said they were more concerned about the deer than her... it wasn't funny then but it was in their story.

BIRTHDAYdoitformeSUE Hope you had a great day!! If you think time flies at 41 wait until you are almost 50-- right ladies? I agree with you on the partial birth abortions-- so many women and men sad later on when they realize what has happened-- thank our Good Lord for His mercy.

SUNNYD- I am glad your mom is OK. Sorry about the trouble with the information. My son always gets mad if I go out of town and don't check in on a regular basis-- he hates to talk on the phone but if Angie and I don't call and report in he will call the hotel and locate us-- this is very unusual for him. HOWEVER- when he goes away for vacation or a cross-country camp you'd think he HAD NO PARENTS!!! He is the only young person I know that doesn't want a cell phone. Now if only I could pry them out of his sister's hands...... I could save about $40 a month

WILMA-- You have the right idea-- just keep working out! The results will come!! Keep trying to PLAN your meals-- that was a great menu today. Here is the recipe for the scalloped potatoes, it is easy, simple and I really like them-- nothing fancy.

4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a buttered 2 quart baking dish, place a layer of about 1/3 of the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about half of the mixture over the potatoes, repeat with another layer of potatoes and flour mixture, top with remaining potatoes. Dot with butter then pour HOT milk over the potatoes. Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle cheese on top. Return to oven and bake un-covered for another 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and potatoes are tender.

Well I am off to watch the rest of the game---

IN HIS CARE-- Gary
Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 PM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Just wanted to check in and let you know how my day went. I wore the wrong pair of shoes and my feet were sore all day. I came home and had a TV dinner and watched TV. Now I'm on my way to bed to read for awhile.

Gary: Thankyou for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try it. Your story of the grandmother reminded me of my own grandmother. When my oldest was born she told me that he was her 50th greatgrandchild. My younger son was #75. How she remembered that was beyond me.

Sami: I'm so glad you day went well. Let's keep each other going. One thing I know I need to change is adding more water to my diet. I'm praying for you.

Good Night!
Old 10-23-2003, 07:02 AM   #5  

Good morning,

~Sami~ I like your idea of spreading your meals out. Wal Mart has a sherbert pop that is real good. It is a rainbow sherbert by Blue Bunny. It has splenda in it. My kids and husband eat them as fast as I do.

~Michele~ We have alot of deer around here and fox. Last year I was bringing my son home from a school activity at night and I saw a deer in the middle of the road. They scare me, because they can do alot of damage to you and the car. When I was little living in PA. on vacation we would go to the pocano mountains. In the evening at dusk we went deer spoting. We would shine lights on the deers so they would freeze. The person who spoted the most deer won. All together we would spot several. Sometimes we would even find bear. We got extra points for finding them. Other nights we would all pile into the car and go to a drive in movie with our pagamas on. I think the last movie we saw was Disney's Flobber. We have a drive in movie in a town near us. I'll have to take the kids just to experience it.

~ SunnyD~ I don't think your dads actions were intentional. My husband is the same way. He just doen't think. He loves you. Its just that personal details aren't important to them. I can understand being hurt though. We all make mistakes.

God bless everyone
Old 10-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #6  

Good morning I hope everyone is doing well. I was so happy when I add up my cal for yesterday 955! And I never was hungry and never felt bad (I use to feel light headed that is why I ate bad things to bring up my sugars) One thing I realized last night I made banana pudding with the bananas and wafers. I use skin milk and mini wafers and figured out how many cals in each 1 cup container and it comes to 171! I use to buy this all the time but not sugarfree and not low fat wafers in a lg cup I bet it was over 500 cals. I am starting to see where all the extra cals where in my diet! Please pray for my DH he has a lg lump on his wrist and it is causing him a lot of pain. I called the dr office yesterday because he was up most of the night before. They ask me how long had he had the lump and I told her I just know it has started causing a lot of pain and that he won't tell me when something is wrong because he know I will call the Dr. and I think he is scared of the Dr! Well the nurse said the Dr had no appt. avail but she wanted to talk to the Dr. and call him back! Well they called in about 15 later and told him he had an appt at 8:30 this morning! It kind of worries me that the Dr. Wanted to see him right away.

Wilma-I am praying for you today. I have been writing down everthing and I tell you it keeps me from cheating because the first thing I look at is how many cal! I think the water is a big key also because it helps keep you full.

Ez-I love this jornal I am writing down everthing! At the end of the day I write how my day went like last night I had a rough time with my IBS so this will help me keep better track of maybe trigger foods. After looking over my food I ate last night I think maybe it was the onion on the salad. So today when I have left over salad I wont have onion and see if it makes a diffrence. I will be e-mailing Angie to tell her some of my ideals. I will pray that your son finds away to go on the trip.

Judy-I have never heard of deer spotting. I have been looking at a lot of the ice creams and I found that there are a lot of sugar free in diffrent brands. If you buy WW they cost a lot more!

Got to run!
Praying for all to have an OP day!
Old 10-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: Thank you! I'm praying for you too! May we both have an OP day.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #8  

Default Hi ya!

So happy to hear your mom made out well Sunny! It is so rough when your the person waiting to find out, the other person knows and isn't worried any more, so it isn't as pressing to them, but I would be agitated too!
Congrats Sami sounds like you are sticking to it, great job!
E.Z. - Thanks again for the pictures they were great almost like springtime over again, I agree with the Lord's mercy, and Grace, We don't deserve either.
I am off to bowling then to work, gotta work a double so won't get out till 7:30 tom morning, anyway, will check back in Monday off the weekend going home, see ya all later, have a great weekend, bye
Old 10-23-2003, 12:04 PM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi everyone~

I have had a bad back since Sunday and yesterday i went to the chiro, he helped but i was still hurting last night, and this a.m. i didn't make it in to work, but i'm feeling better and going in in a bit. I have some work to do and feel ok. They are all going to lunch with a new guy across the hall today, going to slip in while they are gone.

Sunny~sorry you were so worried about mom and i know the frustration of dad's too. It has something to do w/being men. Sorry Gary, we know YOU aren't like that. but most men are....

I have ministry training tonight. I always get a little nervous about that. We'll be doing prayer ministry, which is something i enjoy, but sometimes i have trouble w/it. I just want to be feeling ok tonight cuz it's from 6-9.

Had a great chat last night w/the widowed guy in IA. He's really a dear man. We're talking of meeting sometime soon. We're both a little nervous about that.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:13 PM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Where'd you all go? Unusually quiet for the day.

I made it to work at noon and felt ok, went to ministry training tonight but didn't feel so good. Although I did feel i was suppose to be there and felt a lot of concern and caring from people in the group and received some prayer too.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 10-24-2003, 06:56 AM   #11  

I'm goung to share a story I got'

aman from Norfolk,VA calles a local radio station to share this on Sept. 11th 2003. His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:

" A few weeksbefore Sept11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. on our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still misses her flight. Both very upset, we drove home. I received a call from my father who was retired FDNY. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but explained that we misses the flight. My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. " this is not something I can just sit by for, I have to do something."
I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off the phone, he said," take good care of my grandchild."
Thse were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort. My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly.I became angery at God , at my father and myself. I had gone for two yearsblaming God for taking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.
Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. i opened the door to a couple with a small child. The man looked ar me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said," I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son." he explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, " there is something else you need to know," his wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and lead him to Christ. I begun sobbing at the news.
Now I know that when I get to heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves.
When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew in honor of the man who gave his life so mother and baby could live. God is ALWAYS in control.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:14 AM   #12  

Good Morning I thought I would check in and say hello before take off for work. I had a good day yesterday ended the day at 955 cals. and I did 1/2 hr of work out!!!! I have been trading my cokes for water I went until 4pm before I had a Coke yesterday! (I am a big diet coke drinker)

Judy-what a touching story. We forgot how God doesn't make mistakes. He is in control and when it looks bad we have to trust that he is in control. I know when my Dad died I was so heart broken but my brother who openly did not belive in God started going to church! He died a few months later and now I have the hope I will see him in heaven.

Mitchypoo-I pray that you are doing well today. Glad you felt well enough to go into work for awhile.

Wilma-Praying for an OP day.

Angel-Lover-Praying that you get you settlement soon!

Sue-Still Praying for your Job.

SunnyD-Praying that your Mom is home and in comfort. Please Let us know how she is doing. (and You to)

Sherry-Still praying for you drop in and let us know how your doing.

Ez-Where did you go is the Wife making you clean again?

Amandapanda-Praying for the job hunt. Drop in and let us know how it is going.

Zoe-If you are still out there we miss you!

And to all other MIA"S Your in my prayers!
Sami
Old 10-24-2003, 12:28 PM   #13  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Here I am...

Hello gang!

First off ~ I wanted to let you know that my mother pulled through her surgery like a trooper! I spoke to her this morning and she is in allot of pain and discomfort (need I say), but she is up and around and at home. My sister is taking real good care of her. She and my SIL are making dinners to bring over to them and my DS is caring for my mother's personal needs. I am so glad that all is going as well as to be expected. It is such a painful surgery. She did not sleep well, but it will get better each night for her - the first night is always the toughest!
Thank-you so much for ~ALL~ your thoughts and prayers! I am truly Blessed!

Me --- Well, I have been so very ill the last week and am still on the mend, but so much better today. I had a very bad Diverticulitus attack and had a low grade fever as well. The spasms were pretty bad, so I could not sit at the computer for any length of time. I was flat on my back. I did go back to Curves on Monday thinking I just had a short bout with a flu bug but in reality - I was at the beginning stages of an infection that only got worse after I worked out. You are suppose to be as calm as possible during one of these attacks - woops - I didn't recognize it this time, because it had been so long since my last one. We came to the conclusion that it was all the tomatoes I had been eating from our garden... the seeds got all stuck and then infection set in. And now I have a urinary track infection I am being treated for - because it always happens after an attack.

I am doing so much better now. Been drinking allot of herb teas and tons of water (I think I have lost some weight too). But I should be back in the swing of things this coming Monday. I thought I was well on my way this past Monday and got so excited, but alas... it wasn't meant to be.

I was thinking that this Monday (10-27) I would begin the morning by another weight and measure and then I will look at it as if I am starting anew. It just has been one long and hard three weeks!

Wish me Luck!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-24-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #14  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking

May I share a picture?
The boys love our new sofa set --- they look like
Siamese Twins here. So adorable!
Old 10-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #15  

Hi,

SunnyD ~ your pictures of your cats are adorable. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I'll pray for a fast recovery.
Closed Thread