Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Curves #3

"WELCOME!!!"
This Thread is for anyone wanting to join us in sharing about their "CURVES experiences" or if you are thinking about joining and have any questions.

I have really enjoyed CURVES! Loved the people and the music! And what it does for my Spirits! I began on Sept 17th, 2003 and cannot say... 'Thanks' enough!!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-24-2003 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #2  

Angry

Hello gang!
I am so sorry I haven't been around to help out, but it looks as if everyone has been there for one another - so cool!

First off ~ I wanted to let you know that my mother pulled through her surgery like a trooper! I spoke to her this morning and she is in allot of pain and discomfort (need I say), but she is up and around and at home.

Thank-you so much for all your thoughts and prayers!

Me --- Well, I have been so very ill the last week and am still on the mend, but so much better today. I had a very bad Diverticulitus attack and had a low grade fever as well. The spasms were pretty bad, so I could not sit at the computer for any length of time. I was flat on my back. I did go back to Curves on Monday thinking I just had a short bout with a flu bug but in reality - I was at the beginning stages of an infection that only got worse after I worked out. You are suppose to be as calm as possible during one of these attacks - woops - I didn't recognize it this time, because it had been so long since my last one. We came to the conclusion that it was all the tomatoes I had been eating from our garden... the seeds got all stuck and then infection set in. And now I have a urinary track infection I am being treated for - because it always happens after an attack.

I am doing so much better now. Been drinking allot of herb teas and tons of water (I think I have lost some weight too). But I should be back in the swing of things this coming Monday. I thought I was well on my way this past Monday and got so excited, but alas... it wasn't meant to be.

I was thinking that this Monday (10-27) I would begin the morning by another weight and measure and then I will look at it as if I am starting anew. It just has been one long and hard three weeks!

Wish me Luck!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-24-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:14 PM   #3  

Talking Now ~ To try and catch up...

KARI ~ Joe & I give blood often and the only time I have seen that happen (like your arm! - OUCH!) is when you use it too soon after you have given ORRR when the person taking the blood has gone through the vain. Did you feel a burning sensation?? That means that he/she punctured through your vain. They should have either backed it out a bit or restarted. And they don't usually restart (they will send you home first). But it does look like their error and not anything you did. Maybe you should call the number they give you on the sheet, just to be sure you are caring for it the right way. It looked so nasty.

As far as your weight & measure - don't you or BEV be discourraged... muscle weighs much more then fat and as far as the inches go that could also be a gain in muscle mass. I was told by the instructor here NOT to take the first weight & measure to heart (or too hard) and to look forward to the second one... it is different with each person and how often you work out or watch your diet, but by the second month you should begin to see some possitive changes Both you and BEV should

And... "BIG HELLO'S" to
MIA, APRIL, ROSIEE, ANDRIA, SHERI, VOW & REVELY, LYNDA!!!!

I cannot thank you all (KARI & BEV TOO ) enough for all your love and support! I am so happy that my mom is doing so well after her surgery - I feel like a huge weight was lifted off my sholders!
Old 10-24-2003, 03:15 PM   #4  
~ Berry Happy ~

SunnyD57 - thanks for starting a new thread The other one was getting pretty long..lol.

First your ankle, and then the Diverticulitus attack. I'm happy you are feeling better though! I couldn't imagine dealing with all that within the time period that you have! You're such a trooper! (((Hugs to you)))

When I donated blood, I don't think the lady went through the vain. She hit it on the first try, and the blood was flowing good into the bag. Once they got their pint, they had the fill up a few more tubes, and that is when the blood stopped.

I think the bruise was because the nurse who was trying to get the blood into the tubes (who was a different nurse, than the one who got it started) was moving the needle around a lot. There wasn't any pain, or burning, just some discomfort because she kept moving it. Maybe that's why the bruise is there. It may also be because I went to curves the following day and worked it too hard. I noticed it was turning a deeper red after that. The bruise has lightened up a little and doesn't hurt quite as bad, but has since moved up my arm a little. It's weird. I suppose I wasn't really cut out to be a blood donor...lol.

Though yesterday I was bummed about my measurements, I am not going to take it to heart. I am going to give it a few more months, and work hard on changing my eating habits. I should see a difference then.

Well - I'm off to work! Hope everyone has a beautiful fall day!

~ Kari ~
Old 10-24-2003, 04:57 PM   #5  

Hi, I had my first weigh in a few days ago and I am so proud of myself. I lost a total of 11 1/2 inches and 4 pounds!!! Needless to say I was quite excited. Didn't get a shirt . Guess they don't give them out at our center. I love going to Curves and I am so thankful that I decided to join. Thanks for all the great posts. I love reading about all you great ladies. Keep up the good work. Tina
Old 10-24-2003, 05:15 PM   #6  

Smile

Hi TINA ~ WoW! You did a wonderful job!!!! I am so looking forward to getting back after being away for three weeks ill. I have really missed going... not only to lose the weight and inches, but to feel great again. I am so very happy for you and your results! What are you doing other then the Curves? Or are you going everyday? Are you following the Curves Diet also? Just interested in how you have reached such great results

Come back and let us know, okay.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:20 PM   #7  

Angry

Hey there KARI ~ I forgot something...

Just love the new pictures on your web-site. Are you going to add some more current pictures of you soon... bet you look great! You DBF is a very handsome man, hope he takes good care of you
Old 10-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #8  

Question

Someone was looking for Sports Bra's for large breasted ladies on the last thread... here's the site that MrsK suggested below:

http://enell.com/
Old 10-24-2003, 11:06 PM   #9  
~ Berry Happy ~

Just because you asked, I did add some new pictures of me today. I actually posted two full body pics (that I took about an hour ago). Whenever I find my battery charger for the digital camera, I'll post more. I just barely got these on the computer because my batteries were so low...lol. I also changed my site a little. So here's the link to the photos! (The one's with the red type next to them are the ones I just added.)

Before & After Pictures

Well, I'm off to bed now. I have to wake up early tomorrow and go buy a new thermostat for my vehicle. If I don't do it early, I'll find an excuse as to why I should go! lol. *gee...am I lazy??*

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

~ Kari ~
Old 10-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #10  

I'm wondering if I should even bother getting re-measured, as I was weighed & measured with a few extra inches and pounds of period bloat. Probably I won't bother at all.

You guys were talking about bras? What I do is wear a comfy (but too big, really, at 42D) cotton bra I got from Lane Bryant's sales rack for $7.00. The cotton wicks away any sweat. Then overtop I wear a shortie aerobics top thingie. I don't move an INCH, and I'm now at about a 36E or something stupid. Just layer it up and you don't have to spend $60 on a sports bra.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:01 AM   #11  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

well I didn't make it to Curves yesterday. On the way my car started smoking so I turned around and went home. When I got home it stopped so I just stayed home and worked out. Bev
Old 10-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #12  

Hi Sunny, I had started out following the South Beach diet but I have adapted it a bit not following it exactly. Just eating low carbs and very little sugar. I try to go every day but if
I don't I do Walk away the pounds 3 miles. I have eaten really bad this weekend. Gotta get back on track. I feel so much better when I eat right and work out. Thanks for the for the Congrats. Tina
Old 10-27-2003, 05:55 PM   #13  

Unhappy BAD, BAD WEEKEND

Well, It started off Saturday morning. We got up and went out side to feed Squirty (my cat/baby). She didnt come when we called her but that is not really unusual. We just figured that she was out playing and catching chipmunks or squirrels. We went to Todds dads house to build her a house for the winter (it even has berber carpet). We got home still didnt see her. We went in and got ready and went to dinner, came back home and still no Squirty. We walked all around the house and called. We were going in the house and Todd just happened to see her laying behind the bushes. We picked her up and took her in the house and put her down and she fell over. We paged the vet and a hour and 1/2 later they still havent called. We ended up rushing her to a 24 hour hospital about 30-40 min away. Come to find out she had been hit by a car. Her left hip was dislocated and has some cuts and had a punctured lung. We got her back today. They popped her leg back in place but they dont think it is going to stay. The ligament is some how damaged to the point the bone is not wanting to stay in the socket. If it comes out our only option is a 300-400 dollar surgery, but thats ok because she is like my baby. Well, just wanted to give you all an update and ask yall to keep your fingers crossed. I just feel bad because we dont know how long she layed behind those bushes in pain. If we had just seen her sooner!!!!!!! Uggg....well, Im going to love on my kitty...I will make Todd post a pic so yall can see how sad she looks...
Cassandra
Old 10-27-2003, 07:48 PM   #14  

Here are some pics of our recovering baby...

Old 10-28-2003, 06:12 AM   #15  

Angry POSTED by BEENIE

POSTED by BEENIE (New):
(on Curves #2-I gave her direction to find us here)

Quote:
hi my name is beenie, ive been going to weight watchers and wanted to join curves so if you can give me any advice i would like it very much and i was wondering if they have night hours sine i work during the day ty beenie.
Good Morning Ladies... I will be on sometime today to post and catch up with you all. I haven't been well the last two weeks, so I am far behind.

Awwe CASSANDRA, you baby looks like I feel. I'll be back later.
God Bless!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-28-2003 at 06:15 AM.
Closed Thread