Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #1  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Question Varicose Vein surgery

Hello fellow phat chicks! I am having vericose vein surgery on my right leg on Weds, 5/29 (left leg, 2 weeks later) and I was wondering if anyone was interested in seeing before/after pix. No one in my family has V veins so I know it's because of my former morbidly obese self. So I'm thinking there are some/plenty of you out there with Vveins also. I was just wondering if there was any interest in seeing pix and also I'm open to any/all questions about it. I'm having brachioplasty (bat wing) surgery in Mid July and I will DEFINITELY be posting before, during and after pix.

Happy Memorial Day!!! (almost)

-Megan
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've got a couple ugly veins of my own, so I'd love to see if you're willing to share.

Good luck and quick healing!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #3  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I've had it done. I had the varicose veins done the normal surgery route and had my spider veins done 3 times with injections. (spider veins like to reoccur)

Are you going laser with the VV? I'd be interested in seeing before/after pics for that. I know when mine were done manually, it took a long time before my legs started to look nice because of the healing - probably a good two months.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #4  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Vex,
My doc said my veins are so big and long that I actually need to have them removed. Eww, gross! I don't have the diagnosis sheet with me right now to tell you the exact medical terms/procedures I am having done, but he also mentioned he needed to use lasers to treat the problem too. I think it's called something like EVV or EVF, something like that. I'm having my spider veins treated in the fall. I will post my "before" picture tomorrow night. Then, on Wednesday I will post the after. Probably every few days I will post a new pic so you can see the progress. Thanks for reading!

-Megan
Closed Thread