South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the WEEKEND - May 25th and 26th!

An early good morning so you are on your own for coffee today.

The Stone Mill Cafe opens this morning and the chefs and I made a decision last night. You cannot make scones from the Mill's organic whole grain flower. I am about to go over to the Hall kitchen with fifteen pounds of white commercial flour and two of pounds of butter from my freezer stash so they can try again. Wish us luck - we open at 9 and scones and lemon curd are featured. (The lemon curd is fine - guess who made it?)

Darned cold here yesterday and overnight. I think my poor tender basil plants may have had it. Sunshine is on the menu today but the high will only be 50ºF. I hope your weather is better for this Memorial Day Weekend. (Seems so unfair to have lousy weather on a long holiday weekend!)

Gotta bundle up and get outta here. I'll bring you a warm scone made with "commercial" flour.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Can I pass you a coffee, Ruth? I'm needing mine on this chilly morning! We're at a shivering 43* right now and only supposed to get into the 50s today. I'll go out and check my garden in a bit, but I think everything will be OK. I have a tiny tomato on one of my plants that I'm concerned about, though! Good luck with the Grand Opening. At least scones are easy and don't take long to make, and have a warm one with lots of lemon curd for me!

We're heading off to Home Depot first thing before the weekend warriors crowd the place to get some netting for our blueberry bushes, and then going over to Dad's to finish his flower bed. I'm supposed to go to a wine festival with my DD later today, but it may not be too fun in this awful wind. So maybe we'll think of something else to do.

Wheeeee! I can hear the wind screeching as it whips around the house!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Sorry for the cold weather. Think it was here earlier in the week. Yesterday I crossed over. It was hotter outside than in the house. My thick brick walls keep me cool in the summer.

Gotta run work calls.

Happy weekend!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks.

I'm working a short shift this evening and another tomorrow afternoon. The good news about working tonight is that it gets me out of our annual neighborhood BBQ which would be laden with food temptation. Easy to avoid without even being there!

Have a couple of errands to run today. Not much else planned.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrr another dreary day here and cold too. Today's plans have been postponed until tomorrow. So for now I have absolutely nothing planned. Sigh what to do lol. Maybe I'll clean out the fridge and freezer. How thrilling!!

Yesterday I did manage a trip to my local nursery. Was so incredibly happy to get spaghetti squash plants! Even bought acorn squash and a zucchini called "eight ball" at the owner's recommendation. I put 2 of each in my little garden and will plant the rest at Joe's.

I plan on attending our town's Memorial Day Ceremony. There is a very small vetran's park within walking distance from my house. Joey and I used to sit in the gazebo and have our breakfast there reading the bricks of all the soldiers who were killed. We were fortunate to see the dedication ceremony of the WWII Memorial when we were in DC. I think too many people have lost sight of what Memorial Day represents.

Hope everyone dries out soon. Any exciting plans today?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

No exciting plans here. Miserable weather (46* and overcast right now) so no yard work. Probably going to BJs to stock up this morning. The food shopping has to be done so I might as well do it in between rain showers. At least that way I'll be free if we do get a break in the weather.

Other than that, a little cleaning and generally enjoying today being day 1 of a 3 day weekend. What's not to like about that?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #7  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Default newbie!

Hi! My name's Paulina, I'm 20 years old. I'm new here and I will be starting SBD tomorrow
I'm really excited about it because I have a lot of faith in it.
Technically I'm only 5 pounds 'overweight' but for the way I look, I know I need to lose around 35 pounds to be happy with myself.
I've been losing and gaining weight my entire life and I'm so sick of it. Every year I get really close to my goal and I always gain it back, and a bit more.
Last year I tried the Ideal Protein diet, which worked well because I got to 120 pounds, only had 10 more pounds to go but then I ruined it. I started binging because of how deprived I had been with that diet that I just gained it all back.
It was a dumb diet that had me at less than 1000 calories a day and less than 30 g of carbs per day too. I basically lived off lettuce and egg whites. A lot of my hair fell off and I've learned my lesson when it comes to diets like those.

I'm so upset everytime I look in the mirror. I'm tired of crying in dressing rooms when I try clothes on. I'm sick of always holding back because of my weight. I turned 20 a month ago and I decided this was it, my 20's need to be great for me and food is not going to ruin that for me.

I went grocery shopping for all the main stuff today (spent a lot at publix :S) and now I'm all ready and happy to start this. I'm hoping to lose around 10 pounds in the first two weeks. If I lose less then that's fine but that's what I'm aiming for.

Anyway, sorry about such a long intro. I'm excited to be here and help others with support, too.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Paulina!!! If you haven't done so already, read the book. It really helps. I can relate, I too have sabotaged my success more times then I care to admit. For me, SB, results have been so incredibly different. My energy level is incredible! I am able to maintain my goal weight without too much difficulty. I am not perfect and overdue it at times. However, unlike previous weight loss programs, I put the brakes on and get back on track ASAP with a day or two of P1 to undue any cravings that may be returning.

I look and feel much better in my 40's then in my 20's. Glad you didn't wait like I did to take control of your health. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #9  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Welcome Paulina!!! If you haven't done so already, read the book. It really helps. I can relate, I too have sabotaged my success more times then I care to admit. For me, SB, results have been so incredibly different. My energy level is incredible! I am able to maintain my goal weight without too much difficulty. I am not perfect and overdue it at times. However, unlike previous weight loss programs, I put the brakes on and get back on track ASAP with a day or two of P1 to undue any cravings that may be returning.

I look and feel much better in my 40's then in my 20's. Glad you didn't wait like I did to take control of your health. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.
Hi! Thank you! Yes, I read the book, and it really makes sense by everything I read Glad to hear it's been working out so well for you.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Adding my to Paulimapi. Keep your head up is a great slogan!

Very tired this a.m. after a long and busy day at the new Cafe. We had a good steady flow of customers but not enough to break even on the expenses. We'll see what today brings and will meet during the week to discuss whether or not this is a viable project.

Off shortly for another day of greeting folks, showing off the renovated town hall and promoting the cafe menu. We open 10 to 2 today but there's prep. Our chefs have volunteered their time so I'm helping as much as possible.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Paulina! Your enthusiasm and motivation will go far to make South Beach a big success for you!

Ruth, I hope that as the tourist season progresses, it will help to keep the Mill Cafe afloat.

Yesterday's gusty wind and chilly temps kept me inside, and other than getting my car washed, I had myself a nice, lazy day of reading and napping. It was therapeutic and today I'm rearing to go. Jake and I are going over to Dad's to finish his garden and get the rest of Mom's things boxed up for Goodwill. I've been putting it off for way too long but it has to be done. This afternoon Monica and Carley are coming to spend the rest of the day, and we'll probably cook something on the grill for supper. Carley will be disappointed that the pool isn't open yet, but Grandpop promises to work on it this week.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to Paulina! I think it is awesome that you are committing to healthy eating when you are still young. Good luck on your endeavors!

Ruth, your retirement continually makes me tired. Good think I have a couple more years of working since I don't think I'm ready to join you in that activity level.

Cottage, sounds like we had a similar day yesterday. I did the food shopping, then hunkered down inside to read and nap. At least I managed to get off the couch to make supper!

Today I will begin with some inside cleaning and laundry. If we get a break in the weather I will try to do a little outside work but I may have to wait until summer returns later this week. At least I will sneak out and pick some rhubarb to make a little dessert.

Off to refill my cup!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone and welcome Paulina!

I'm saying hello from my iPhone as I don't have any Internet already this morning. I've been working on Kirk's DD's wedding flowers and it's time to go outside and greet the first hummingbirds. I've already cleaned and filled their feeder this morning.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday instead of going to Indianapolis we just stayed in town and went to Grant's farm- what's a little bit of rain and cold lol . DD1 came back from Jamaica so talked with her about her trip last night.

Welcome to Paulina and good luck on your journey, as long as you remember it's a life style change and not a diet then you will be fine.

Ruth you are so busy always enjoy your day today

Cottage thinking of you today

to everyone else

Not sure what is on our agenda for today but I do know I need to clean and get groceries as some point.

Have a great day today!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #15  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

Thanks for the welcoming! I envy you guys the cold right now, Florida is too hot haha
Closed Thread