South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGI FRIDAY!!! SBD Daily for 5/24

We were walloped by thunderstorms all night, but we survived and the power is on this morning. It does look like more storms are on their way, though. No matter, my garden is loving it and it's really cooled things off.

After banking and groceries, I'm going to go pick up another flat of alyssum to finish my borders and Jake wants to get a flat of marigolds and salvia for the flower bed he's doing for Dad. I hope we can get them planted today!

Tomorrow, Monica wants me to go to a wine & food tasting festival with her, nothing is planned for Sunday yet, and Monday is a BBQ at my brother's.

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WOO HOO!!! It's Friday!!

LOL....except we're driving to NC today after I get off work.....to see the in-laws...so not too exciting.

I woke up early, so I was able to go on a bit longer walk and feel great, especially considering I won't probably exercise this weekend (don't trust the dogs, neighbors, etc). I need to run to Wegman's and pick up breakfast breads for grandparents day, then get to work. We should get to NC close to midnight tonight . Good thing I checked out 4 books from the library!

Anyone have exciting holiday plans?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Safe travels, Tammy, and have a fun weekend!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Right! It's memorial Day Weekend for you "Yankees and Southerners". Sure hope the weather cooperates. I am supposed to meet Donna for coffee this morning over in Lyndhurst - a pretty drive, rain or shine.

Yesterday was a disaster but I survived and even got two Village planters done. (Know what really annoys me? People walking by as I work and saying "When you are done there, you can come and do mine"! I want to hand them the spade.)

From a financial perspective, yesterday was great - got a $1K cheque from the government refunding overpayment of payroll deductions and some dear old lady left us $3K in her will. We also got word that we have funding for a third student to work the summer. Ben's a university student working on his PhD and is a history buff so should be a good fit as an interpreter.

Today I'll putter away indoors although I will try to get some more planters done between rain showers. It'll be busy weekend with lots of visitors through the Mill because of Open Doors, the art show and cafe opening in the Town Hall and a Motorcycle / Car Rally in the Park. Luckily we have lots of good volunteers plus our current two summer students.

Hey! It's trash day - need to throw on my raincoat over my robe and do my thing. I suppose it'd be classier to be dressed but we have no fashion police in Delta!

How's your TGIF looking? Fun stuff planned, I hope!

ETA: Tammy that looks like nearly 8 hours of driving. Maybe you should head north and come to Delta instead.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Working out with my mom. Then I have to get to Costco for a prescription refill. I work a short shift today and tomorrow. Last night definitely made my foot ache and all sorts of other body parts. Not sure if it was particularly bad because I'd been off for almost 2 weeks. Didn't sleep well last night so am dragging today.

Have a great one.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Nice day here and I'm going to try to not venture out of our little town today. Tomorrow's work will be emotionally/physically draining to say the least and I need to prepare. I had a waitress nightmare last night...it's been awhile. We rotate sections and my Saturday is in "the hole". It's clear down on the opposite end and is only open on weekends. There is no computer or refrigerator so there is major running back and forth to the kitchen on the other end. When we have a waitlist I have to cross through the crowd with giant trays of food. I will make it I've done it before. (I'll keep repeating that)

Nice to see many of you have fun weekend plans. Enjoy!

Ruth, grrr...at the come to my house comments...I'll bet your love shows through in those planter boxes.

everyone else!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am working from home and have been at it early so I can get off early. DH wants to go to Indianapolis tomorrow for the Indy 500 parade,not sure if I want to as it's a 4 hour drive and in about a week we will start our crazy road trip out to California and we will be stuck in the car a lot.

Ruth I would have been upset about those comments.

Twynn try to enjoy your trip

Cottage have a fun weekend

Karen ouch for your poor foot

Debbie I would end up spilling food on people

to everyone else

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 05-24-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, Ruth I understand big time as their comments are easily related to other things as well. My favorite, co workers who eat out all the time, admiring my food then asking me to cook for them because they don't have time. How we allocate our time is a choice, just like the foods we eat or my new neighbors who have yet to cut their grass LOL. OK the last one was just venting.

Tammy have a safe trip

Debbie think of all the added exercise you are getting this weekend. You must have incredibly strong arms.

Linda, the festival sounds like fun. Nice of Jake to take on planting duty at your dad's

Karen hope you get relief soon

Minor to do stuff today, groceries, cleaning and laundry. Still to wet to be working outside. Although I may stop at the local farm stand in hopes of finding a spaghetti squash plant. I didn't do any seeds this year so I am relying on plants. That reminds me my window plants need some attention today too. Looks like my list will keep growing as the day proceeds.

Enjoy your day
Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon everyone!

Although I love the feel of Friday payday, we having yet another day of pouring rain, which appears to be continuing throughout the long weekend. At least this morning we had power- Wednesday night a storm went through and we lost our power until 8 o'clock yesterday morning. I had to GO OUT to get coffee on my way to work!!! At least I was smart enough to bring my thermos along; I bought a 2nd cup, filled the thermos and was able to have my mid-morning cup at work.

I would love to do some yard and garden work this weekend but I don't know if that is going to be possible. DH and I might end up going to the mall or something just to get out. We also have a few items to pick up from DS1's college apartment as well.

No matter the weather, TGI Friday!
Closed Thread