Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #49

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining! The weatherman is promising rain and thunderstorms through next Wednesday starting tomorrow. So much for any weekend picnic plans! Bob had planned to take the boat up to the cabin but now we have a Saturday morning funeral in his hometown so won't be taking the boat to that. We can head to the lake from there. Beth was planning to spend the long weekend there while Jason was just coming for the day and leaving their kids to stay overnight. I can tell it's going to be a summer of phone calls trying to coordinate schedules.

"Gma" -- My furnace came on for a few minutes this morning. We did have the air on the day it hit 106 in Sioux City, just because we didn't want to come home to a hot house after being at the soccer game. I hope your Target order comes through. I hate second guessing the USPS these days. Good luck! I have red sandals but wear a lot of red, white, navy, and black. I also bought some navy ones this spring.

I have a farewell - retirement dinner tonight for one of our bell ringers. She and her husband are gone during the winter months and she decided it was time to drop out. I need to vacuum fur bunnies big time so better get to it. These two are just like have two little boys; they roll around and wrestle on the floor, then go their separate ways.

Hope you all enjoy your day and may it be a sunny one!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Pleasant Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood in the 70º as I type and all is well. No wind as of yet ~ just a nice breeze. I had a wonderful night’s sleep and woke up ready to go. I have my herb garden looking good on that shelf and turn on the grow lights for some each day now. We have our strawberry patch moved and the animals thought that fresh dirt was just for them to frolic in. We went and bought some more strawberry plants today and a bale of straw to put on the bed for it will help to keep the animals out instead of putting up fencing. If they persist in getting in the bed then we will fence it later. :cp; The straw covering will also help keep the bed cooler like the strawberries prefer. We will just do the best we know how to have a good crop of berries. The bed is large enough to accommodate 8 plants. It sure pays to shop around for things for we found that the strawberry plants are 50¢ more a plant at Wal*Mart of all places than the place we ended buying them from and they are good healthy plants we put in the ground. We are going to put up a motion detection device that will turn on a bright light if anyone gets in our back yard at night. The strawberry bed is hidden from the alley for it is on the side of a shed facing the house.

Will has gone to check on some things and the animals are all out back enjoying the nice weather. He has suggested that I smoke a rack of ribs for dinner tonight so I hope he got one out of the freezer. ;lol: I need to cut up some fresh fruit so it will be ready to get some for a snack easily today also. We have a beautiful round seedless watermelon in the fridge getting chilled and a fresh pineapple sitting on the counter that is just about ripe enough to be real juicy. Blackberries are in the fridge ready to eat. I was going to cut up the fruit the other day but the pineapple wasn’t ripe enough just yet. I have got to empty that fridge out again and re-arrange things in it for it is getting hard to locate things that have been shoved to the back with taller items in front of them.

My computer is still acting weird but I can use it on “occasion.” This being one of them so I am posting. What is weird is that some of my favorites have been changed and I have to go in and reset them. It is just too weird. There was a new “search” program that came to me and wasn’t totally installed (don’t know why because I didn’t tell it to download in the first place). Not being totally installed it wasn’t working correctly and I could not go anywhere on my computer until I found out it’s name and could dump it and get my familiar settings back. Anyway strange things have been happening but I am hanging on as long as I can. The really frustrating part is when I type letters are missing in each word and I really have to watch it closely instead of just typing as usual.

Will just called and said he had forgotten to get the ribs out of the freezer so I will have to decide something different to cook. I can do that easily enough once I get out to the kitchen this day. I do need to get out there and work on that fridge and have a bite of lunch while out there. I have some of those Schwan’s® taquitos that I can pop into the microwave for a tasty treat with some fruit.

JEAN Aren't cats a treat to watch playing together. I get such a kick out of Cecil and Beanie wrestling. Too bad you won't be able to take your boat to the lake this trip. You will be back there soon though I imagine.

Hope all are having a lovely day.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-23-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #3  

Good morning! It is going to be a bit cooler today than it has been but that's ok as long as the sun shines. We are supposed to pretty much get rain all weekend so guess commissary day will be in the rain.

Jack is going to shampoo the dining room again as we had several days it rained all day and night hard enough Fortune would not go outside and I couldn't keep up with him and the puppy pads. I can't blame him, his ole bladder just isn't as good as it was when he was young. At least he takes all his arthritis meds ok. I am going to look for the glucosomine at Petsmart when I take him and see if it is cheaper there. I doubt it. The other stuff he takes is prescription.

Jack told me this morning he sure is glad it is Friday. They have some new equipment they got probably 3 weeks ago and just can't seem to get it programmed right and working. The old stuff was really old about 30 years worth and these two machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars so they have to get them up and running. That was how Jack hurt his hand was working on that thing and I saw he had a big slash across his upper arm and he said he cut it on a piece of metal sticking out from the pit hog.

Tomorrow is Walmart day as I need new hair color and Jack needs new Stetson aftershave and most places have quit carrying in the stuff he likes. I have a couple other things I want to check out while I am there too. Maybe they will have those tuna sandwiches I like so well.

Maggie: Your fruit sounds wonderful. One of the things I really love is black raspberries and you can't find them anywhere anymore. Grandma used to make black raspberry pie that was just out of this world. Jack did something similar to me about a week ago. I asked him as he was going out the door to work to please unlock the gate as we had packages coming. He didn't and around 1 PM I texted him and ask him if he had and he said no he forgot. Now it is not more than 10 feet from our back door to the gate and he forgets. I rushed out and unlocked it before she delivered. So, I guess we all forget stuff.

Jean: Do you have like a bell director who will audition for her position or will someone just take it up as a second bell? Sounds like summer fun is heading your way with your cabin and lake and boat and all. When do the kids get out of school? Thomas got out yesterday and didn't go. They had half day, had taken all the books up two weeks earlier and wanted free labor, probably to pack books until fall. Kelly said she was not going to make him go. I think year end half days are just plain dumb but how can kids study for finals when their books are taken up 2 weeks early? No wonder so many kids in Memphis are dumb.

Well gals time to go. You all have a grand three day weekend! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #4  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining again this morning but it is breezy and cool. The weatherman said rain is moving this way. I have to pick up a couple cards and head for the grocery store this morning before the crazies hit the streets. I vacuumed yesterday and the "boys" have been wrestling so have fur fuzzies again this morning.

Maggie -- I think the motion light is a good idea for your garden area. We have one in front that lights up 3 lights for the driveway area. When it is very windy we turn it off because the blowing tree branches will make it go on and off constantly. The elderly neighbor's bedroom faces our house so bet they don't appreciate having them blink off and on either. I'm convinced computers have a mind of their own, and mine is never on the same wave length as I am! We may take the boat up this afternoon if the rain holds off. The problem will be the wind so will have to watch that. Bob will drive the boat over to the cabin while I "herd" the pickup (which I've never driven) and the trailer to the cabin. It's a short distance and no main highway so I can do it! If the neighboring cabin is vacant Bob can back the trailer in behind the cabin for the summer. If there are cars there, then he'll have to make a Plan B.

"Gma" -- It sounds like you may have the same rainy weekend we will. We need to shampoo the area rugs too, but it won't be this weekend. I'll bet Jack always looks forward to Fridays! We don't audition for the bell choir; anyone who can count to 4 can play but most have some musical background of some sort. There aren't many who want to commit to practicing once a week and then play in front of the congregation. One always thinks that everyone is watching only them but that's not so. We play in a U shaped pattern, from the smallest bells at one end to the biggest on the other end. They are the busiest ringers and most fun to watch. All of the grandchildren had their last day of school yesterday. Maddy and Zowie are sad while Ian and Kolby were ready! We used to collect the high school books before finals also. With the current round of students it wouldn't make any difference if they had a book or not. Kids who take notes and get good grades do well on the finals regardless.

I need to check my salad recipe and head to the store. Hope you all have a "great" day and enjoy doing something for yourself!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

We are in the 60º today with a chance of thunder storms. I did a rare thing last night and that was to sleep without waking up once during the night. First time I woke up was when it was time to get up. Cecil is having a long snooze also for he is still in the bedroom with the door closed and it is now 11 of the clock. I feel great today and ready to tackle anything that comes my way. I did get that nice round seedless watermelon cut up in cubes and in a large plastic bowl in the fridge and the pineapple cut into spears into a tall plastic container. We had some of the watermelon for dessert and it is a really good melon. I am going to have some with my lunch today. I am not going to do those ribs this day in my smoker for Will said that the market is doing ribs for the holiday weekend. They use their smoker and do that for holidays and they don’t cost any more smoked than they do fresh so we will get a rack from them.

I didn’t end up re-arranging the things in the fridge yesterday so I will do that today. I ended up cutting up fruit and then time got away from me for I went on to a different duty. We have so many jars of condiments that get shoved around and I need to get them all together once again so I can see what I have in there more easily and separate the sugar free jams from the sugar free bread and butter pickles and taller things toward the back and such ~ you get the picture. Nothing major ~ just some re-arranging of the items in there.

Will is back from the store and he bought some “used meat” so I need to go and get it bagged and in the freezer so I’ll be back in a bit to finish this post. I prepared pork chops and hamburger to go in the freezer. I like to freeze the chops two to a pack and the hamburger in ½ pound packets. When I make one of those boxed meals that call for a pound of hamburger I use ½ a pound because it seems like too much meat with using the whole pound. I have several packets of 1 pound for they thaw quicker than the larger packs for meatloaf and such. I like to make a meatloaf with 2 pounds of burger and ½ pound of hot Italian sausage along with all the other ingredients. Using turkey sausage isn’t bad cooked in a meat loaf either. Cuts down on the points +.

DONNA FAY I think maybe men's minds are elsewhere when we make a request for them to do a "simple" thing. Big really important things don't get forgotten it seems. I have learned to be very flexible during the years and don't even trip about such things for I also forget things. I hope they can get that new equipment figured out soon where Jack works. Instructions for such as that have been known to be wrong like do this before that and it should read do that before this.

JEAN I do imagine that motion light flashing on and off like a neon sign would irritate your neighbors. I hope the rain does hold off long enough for you to get the boat to the lake and your neighbors aren't there and all goes smoothly. I am glad your two felines get along so well and play well together.

Hope all are having a wonderful Friday and a good safe weekend.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-24-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies and it is a beautiful morning here and no rain until this evening, which means I can enjoy the sun being out and about today. I got my new proper sunglasses yesterday and realized I ordered the same frame in the same color combo but reversed. I have a pair of white glasses with purple and my sunglasses are mostly purple with a bit of white. I am just glad I have some sunglasses now.

I know for you it probably isn't a big deal but it is for me. I am right at 40 lbs down now and I was able to paint my toenails this morning! I wondered the other day if I might be able to as I was able to lean down and cut my nails so I tried this morning and no sweat. I now have cute pink tootsies!! I am going to try a foot remedy posted on facebook and see how it does with my scaly heels. It is listerine, vinegar and water and you soak your feet in it. The people that tried it said the dead skin just falls off in the water so I am getting some listerine tomorrow. I can't stand the taste of the stuff so maybe it will work on the opposite end of my body!

Jack went to get his haircut and I am going up and getting a shower and dressed after I get done here. We are going to do Walmart and Krogers and such today so we don't have to do it tomorrow. I started with a little list but it keeps getting longer and longer not even counting the regular commissary shopping, which will be for 3 weeks again and will get us through until the payday on the 21st of June. We are going to Indiana on payday weekend so that's why I did the 3 weeks, 3 weeks shopping so we didn't have to mess with trying to get out to the commissary on an off week and try and shop. This is easier then all we will need to do is get milk or bread or soda stuff we use up.

Jean: We too have a double motion light right at the gate, but the dumb thing has quit working and we aren't sure what is going on with it. This place is so shoddily built we are finding a lot of electrical screw ups that have to be fixed. I am not so sure bell ringing is as easy as you say. The groups I have seen sure look like it is hard. Do you have a hard time getting into pickups as the step up is quite high? I find that the SUV can be a challenge sometimes especially if it has rained. We have a step up on ours, but it gets slick when it rains and I have to use it to get into the car as my legs are short. I told Jack we have to buy a sedan for our next car as we are getting too old to try and hike ourselves into something high.

Maggie: Jack is not a watermelon eater so I only get it when we go somewhere like a buffet or such. I don't buy the prepackaged ones at the store because I have had sour bad batches more than once and the stuff is expensive. Have you had yellow meat watermelon? Now there is a real treat. You can get them in Arkansas especially. Delicious. As a treat for Jack today, I am making enchilada casserole, not WW friendly but growing up in New Mexico he does miss his mexican food so I imagine it won't kill us for one day to be over pts.

Well girls time is creeping on so I need to get upstairs and shower and such. You all have a nice long weekend! Faye
Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #7  

Good morning, ladies! We're in for a sunny weekend in the 70s after it rained all week.

I went to English Paper Piecing yesterday and then lock in last night. Almost too much fun for one day!

I have a session with my personal trainer tomorrow afternoon. I really enjoy these.

Faye, congrats on the 40 pound loss. The NSV of painting your toenails was a good reward for all your efforts. I hope they get those machines up and running soon before Jack has any more injuries!

Jean, I'm like Faye and think bell ringing must be harder than counting to 4. I'm sure the whole family is looking forward to good times at the lake all summer. What kind of salad are you making?

Maggie, I kept getting small stuff "lost" in the fridge so I went to the dollar store and got a couple of clear plastic shoeboxes which I use to corral it. Easier to pull out a box and move everything around. Just thinking about those ribs makes my mouth water. We went to Virginia Barbecue for dinner last night and I had pork North Carolina barbecue. They really do good barbecue.

I'm going to go for a walk before lunch and then I'll be putting a quilt together this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! It is going to be a beautiful day to be out and about. We have commissary shopping this morning later on. We have had our breakfast and are just vegging out for just a bit before we get cleaned up and ready to go. Chores are all done so that is out of the way.

I am down another lb but then we had enchiladas last night so it may go up a bit in a couple days. I just keep focused on portion control and such along with pts and let it just come right off. I now have two navels, just kidding but the 40 lbs lost is making my ostomy hole sink in as well as my incision area. It looks pretty funny.

We got our official invitation to Jackson's birthday party. In honor of the Ninja Turtles he is having a "shellabration." I imagine it will be lots of fun because they usually have things for the kids like those bouncy things in the back yard and bbqing and such. Looking forward to it. I have 2 of his three gifts and I think I will wait and wrap them when we get up there on Thursday so the paper doesn't get ripped in the car by something.

Thursday is my doctor appt so we shall see what she says. I know that starting on Thursday last I imagine after the pills were out of my system that I started losing a lot of tissue. Fortune has a grooming appt that day too so we shall be busy. Saturday is my hair appt and I am going to have her cut it real short for summer to keep cool.

Susan: Hope you had a successful workout with your trainer. Sounds like you had a good time with your paper piecing and lock in. Sure haven't been to one of those in a long time.

Well gals, need to clean up breakfast dishes. Have a good one. Faye
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! Rain, rain, and more rain! We've had 2.4+" since early this morning. Our patio flooded from the yards behind us; thank heaven Bob was home and able to get the sump pump into the yard hole and get it going. We'd have had water inside the lower bedroom and bath had he not been here. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for the rest of the week -- this is crazy! The lady next door called and her sump pump wouldn't turn on so Bob is over there helping her right now. I have rivers and streams in the basement so know that will go on for a long time. The ground is saturated.

Maggie -- We got the boat up to the cabin but by the time we got there, the south wind was blowing too hard to get it in the water. Getting it in the water isn't the problem but getting it in the boat hoist is. Bob really needs Jason's help to get the top cover on the hoist; it's too heavy for me to lift. We had our first watermelon yesterday. I bought a half that was a dark red and it was delicious.

Susan -- When you have a lock in, do you stay all night? Sounds like fun! I made a corn salad and a Snickers salad. The corn salad is just two cans of corn, green pepper and onion to taste, grated Cheddar cheese, and enough mayo to moisten. Before serving crush some chili cheese Fritos and mix in. The granddaughters both like it while Ian always asks for the Snickers salad.

"Gma" -- on losing another pound! WOW! 41 pounds gone forever! Being able to paint your toes is great! I'm not very neat and spend more time trying to erase the excess polish than the actual painting. Let us know how the Listerine works on your feet. Bob's pickup has bigger wheels than the last one so I feel like I fall out. There is a running board and I use the handle on the inside to get up and in. I am not graceful about either! I buy small containers of cut-up melon; I love watermelon while Bob isn't too fond of it. He likes cantaloupe so I buy the whole melon, or sometimes just a half.

I have a load of laundry to get into the dryer. My washer drains into the sump pump that the second sump pump dumps into. It has started to rain again so will need to make sure the pump is working. If we weren't home and/or the electricity went off, it would not take long for the basement to fill up. Not a good thought. Hope you all are having a sunny warm spring day in your corner of the world!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Beautiful & Windy Sunda

It was very windy today which I don’t like much but the weather is still in the 70ºs and low 80ºs.

Did I mention that one of the buffalo had a baby? Well she did a couple days ago and that little one is a hoot to watch for she bounds around and trots here and there having a great time. The other females should be dropping their calfs soon.

Will surprised me and bought another refrigerator. We have been talking about getting one for quite a while now and the time was just right for he was there to get the “deal”. It has a huge freezer compartment at the bottom which is a drawer that pulls out and a person can find things in it easily enough. He wanted a fridge for cold storage of veggies out of the garden and found this one on a terrific sale so went ahead and bought it. It is a good brand so should serve our purposes well. I am thinking of transferring some things out of the existing fridge to free up some space in it ~ mainly the cut up fruit and veggies and bottles of stuff that aren’t used often but keep well under refrigeration for quite a long time. Bottles of water and sodas will be kept in it also. I now have 3 places to have frozen things and need to put veggies & fruit in one and breads and sweets in another and in the kitchen fridge freezer I can keep cut up veggies that have been dried or frozen. Veggies that are dried have a longer shelf life if kept frozen. Butter and hard cheeses also have a longer life if kept frozen. When we get a hunk of Parmesan or other hard cheese I cut it up in pieces that fit into my shredder and then wrap them individually in plastic freezer wrap then in foil and put the pieces in a plastic bag and into the freezer. If all the cheese isn’t used that is in the hand held shredder then I put it into a plastic bag into the fridge and use it from there until all the cheese is gone. It is a shredder just like lots of Italian restaurants use to put cheese on folks salads. Works great for me.

We are now back from our visit to the buffalos and there is still just one baby that was born day before yesterday and the other 3 are expected any time now. The little one is so cute ~ a female and running about so cute.

I have started moving stuff into the new fridge and cleaning out the one in the kitchen. Since we are not using the ice maker I used the ice tray which is only about 3 inches deep out of the new one as a tray for small bottles of things in the main fridge and it sits on a shelf nicely and slides out easily. Our main fridge has a great ice maker that keeps us in good supply so no need to hook up another. I put all my bags of different kinds of flour and all my bread making supplies that I had in the existing freezer and they have a new home in the freezer drawer of the new fridge. I keep my flours in the freezer to prolong their life and keep them fresher that way. My frozen bagged veggies also were moved to the new fridges freezer. It is all coming along and pretty soon I will have it all arranged.

JEAN I can imagne the wind would prevent the poper launching your boat. Good idea for Bob to get help from another strong male. Don't hurt yoursef heping him.

SUSAN I would have used your idea of using a plastic shoe box in my frdge fo the small stuff but had that nice ice tray from the new fridge to use which works out great. I love the Carolina BBQ.

DONNA FAYE Your two belly buttons gave me a good chuckle. It is great that you are back to losing for once you get started you drop pounds fast.

Hope all are having a lovely evening.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #11  

Happy Memorial Day, ladies! We're having temps in the 80s today and sunshine.

I'm going to Sandy's house for a picnic and sit and sew. I need to relax today because my boss called and said we are having major computer issue with the server and workstations not connecting. Thankfully he didn't want me to come in today, just earlier tomorrow. I'm thinking the router may need to be replaced which would be an easy fix.

Faye, I have no belly button due to surgery. I wondered where it went and now I find you have it! I enjoy working out with my trainer and she also teaches one of my water aerobics classes. I get 3 sessions with her every 6 months or so to keep on track and improving. I'm glad you got your leggos.

Jean, we are ladies of a certain age so lock in is over at midnight. It's always a treat to see what everyone is working on and the shop owner gives us special discounts and door prizes. I'm going to make your corn salad for our potluck next month.

Maggie, 2 fridges will certainly be useful when the garden starts producing. With just me, sometimes I wish I had just a little more space. I had a buffalo burger yesterday. I can get it at Kroger and they are delicious. I also came across some elk jerky and that was good, too.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Memorial Day

THANK YOU VETRANS!

It is currently 95ºs at 12:30 of the clock and they say it will get up to 100º and beyond before this day is done. I slept in this day and it sure felt good. My first cup of coffee of the day tastes especially good for some reason. There isn’t any WW today to attend but my scale did show me a pound down but I won’t put it in my records until I weigh “officially” at WW next week. I usually weigh 3 more pounds there than I do at home without my clothes and shoes. So if I add that 3 pounds to what I weighted this am at home I pretty much know I lost a pound. I have to watch it close now this week so I can really show a loss next Monday when I go to WW. If I weigh again at home after I have gotten dressed it is what I will weigh at WW, which shows me that my upright Health-O-Meter doctor’s scale is set correctly. Even though I have this wonderful scale I don’t get on it more than once a week.

We are going to grill burgers for dinner this day. Will is out washing the Jeep as I type then we will go somewhere and get some lunch and check on the buffalo. Maybe another baby has been born. Those little ones are so cute to watch. The big ones lumber but can run real fast where the little ones frolic about.

I received the neatest free (it states it sells for $5.00) little pamphlet from the Nutrition Action folks called Healthy Foods which is a guide to the best basic foods by Bonnie Liebman, M.S., and Jayne Hurley, R.D. It is a “Factbook of Practical Suggestions on Nutrition and Food”. It lists the calories, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6; potassium, fiber, folic acid, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, protein, total fat, sat fat, sodium for Fruit, Veggies, Beans, Grains, Meats, and Nuts & Seeds. They have given each item in the lists a score and a key on how to read the score. It is a bunch of information I wish I had had years ago. Remember if wishes were horses than beggars would ride. However, now that I do have it I can make good use of it. No I am thinking of a good place to keep it to have it handy for a quick reference.

SUSAN Bufalo burgers are very tasty and I remember when I had my first one and it was at a place called "Calamity Janes" in Montana. Yep they are tasty and I have had a few since then. Maybe you could get one of those little fridges if you just need a "little" more space. We used one for awhle but then need more space now so Will moved it back into his office next door for his water bottes.
Hope all are having a lovely day.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We are water logged to the max! 7" of rain since early yesterday morning according to the weatherman. Bob got up during the night to run the two pumps next to the patio and vacuumed the basement twice. I've vacuumed three times so far today and he has been out digging a drainage ditch along side the garage to get the water out of the back yard and to the street. Farm fields are flooded as is the park next to the lake on the way into town. The worst part is that poor Sonny got shut in a basement closet all night. Bob ran a hose to the pump in there and Sonny must have thought he needed to have a look. There is a crawl space that goes back under the steps and behind the furnace wall in the next room. It's the first place to get wet. Boy did Sonny howl when I called him this morning! His tail looked like a rat's tail, his paws and underside were wet from front to back. I tried to dry him with a towel but he wanted no part of that. He did lay on the towel and licked 'n licked 'n licked.

Maggie -- Buffalo babies are cute! I think all of the animal babies are fun to watch. We've seen a lot of late calves on our way to ball games the last few weeks. My main refrigerator has the freezer on the bottom. The only thing I don't like about the drawers is that you can only stack things level -- no room to pile extra high. I think we might be grilling burgers tonight too. I'm sure Bob is probably ready for a nap first though.

Susan -- I hope you are able to solve the computer glitch at work without too much of a hassle. Any computer problem makes me nervous! Are you sewing on something special at Sandy's? A picnic would be fun. The official corn salad recipe calls for red and green peppers. Someone told me they buy the Mexicorn (?) that has the peppers in it. If you want the official recipe I can send it to you.

I need to clean off the kitchen counter and balance the gift shop check book. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #14  

Good morning to you all! It is going to be around 90 today and it is so humid already outside. I decided when I go Saturday to get my hair cut that I am going to have her give me a cute real short haircut for summer. It was so hot last year for vacation so I am not going to do that again. I can go back to it being a bit longer after we get back from our cruise.

I never did get in here yesterday. Hope you all had a nice holiday. I made a pot roast in the crockpot, then pour out the stock into a bowl and shredded it and put my homemade bbq sauce in it and we had beef bbq and tots for dinner last night.

I need to start weekly cleaning but it is so hot. It doesn't look like it is going to get any cooler so I guess I will have to clean hot or not!

I am going to color my hair this morning I think and do my shaving for my doctor appt. I have so little body hair it is kind of ridiculous as I have to let it grow for weeks but I feel for women like my younger sister who have to shave everyday. I imagine it will be just some talking and then scheduling another d and c.

Susan: Hope your computer server problem is an easy fix like you said. Sounds like you had a pleasant weekend. Do the buffalo or bison burgers taste any different? I want to try them but Jack is his normal phobia self. I know they have seriously less fat then beef.

Jean: Oh how horrible! We had that much rain earlier this spring and everything was puddles. I couldn't even wear my sandals! Glad poor ole Sonny got out of his predicament and is ok. I had a nosy baby, (Jay) who followed my mil's dog behind the couch at their house and got his chubby little self stuck. You would have thought he would have raised a ruckus but we couldn't find him for about 20 minutes or so without a peep from him. I found him when I was coming back from searching the bedrooms down the hall and just happened to see a little butt squirming!

Maggie: You will have double the points to show for it next week. It's funny but for me, I didn't notice the loss on my body then all of a sudden I realized less double chin, less tummy, fingers were thinner, etc. My new cotton expensive undies are too big too!

I hope everyone has a great week. We are gearing up to go to Indiana next week and of course I have my lists. All the presents should be here by tomorrow along with 3 pairs of sandals. Have a good week all. Faye
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #15  

Good morning, ladies! 73 degrees and sunshine at 11 am.

Nothing happening this week except doc on Wednesday and the Y every day.

Faye, you are always organized. I'm the one who always ends up forgetting something and having to make do or borrow. I try making lists, but I always manage to leave something off. I have to laugh a little at all the sandles you have. I have 2 pair of black, 1 of tan, 1 of brown, and 1 navy and that is my summer shoe wardrobe. I can only wear them if I'm going to be doing a lot of sitting. I need my orthodics (flat feet) and heel lift if I'm going to be walking a lot or my back gets out of alignment. For that I wear my athletic shoes or SAS. All together for all seasons I have 11 pair of shoes total. I actually sewed underwear up into smaller sizes when I was losing so much weight. I like nice underwear and it was too costly to buy more all the time. Now that I can wear size 6 its not so bad. I have 2 bags of clothes ready for the next DAV pick up on Monday. Since I've been on this special diet, I'm down to a 10. I had a couple pair of capris I could take off without unbuttoning or unzipping them...had to wear a belt and that was ridiculous. I know you are counting the days until you see Jackson.