Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 04:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Atkins at Home

I was just cruising throught the Atkins.com site, and saw their "Atkins at Home" program. Its a daily delivery of fresh prepared food. I thought this might be worth investigating, as I was on Nutrisystem for a short time this summer but quit because of the high cost of food. Nutrisystem is about $8 a day. I couldn't believe when I read this program is $39.95 per day! And they want you to sign up for at least 28 days!!! That's more than my rent!. But they do have some interesting menus. I will use them as a guide. Check it out.
www.atkinsathome.com

Barb

Last edited by barbmarie; 10-23-2003 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:15 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

OY VEY!!

That is a TON of money....way out of my league thats for sure.
I would think I could hire a personal cook for that amount (almost $300.00 a week). Do they include diapers in their menu lol.

I am SOOO in the wrong business.

Besides, its cheaper to ride up and down the highways looking for flying nuggets
Old 10-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #3  

So, Atkins has become the rich person's diet. I think I'll stick to my own cooking. Nothing fancy, but not $300/wk either.

Karla
Old 10-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Wow! That totally irks my petunia!

No wonder people think it's expensive to do Atkins! Though, I've found that if I cook for myself and avoid relying on specialty "low carb" stuff, that I actually spend significantly less money on groceries. Yes, meat and fish is more expensive than rice and potatoes, but I eat so much less now that it evens out nicely.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:32 AM   #5  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I'm finding that I'm spending more at the grocery store overall, but not so much on McDonalds - so it's evening out for me too. But, since my dh isn't doing Atkins, he still gets the bread and potatoes and rice - so I'm just adding more meat, etc. to our budget.

There is a company in Seattle that delivers Zone meals to your door everyday for roughly the same price. It's quite a racket. My dh and I owned a Personal Chef business for a while - and it's a racket too at times but people are willing to pay to have someone cook and cleanup and this frees them up to spend more time with their families. (*Incindentally, we had to quit because of his food allergies.) We could do Atkins meals, though, and that would really rake in the $$$!!!

Don't let it irk your petunia - people are willing to pay anything to lose weight, especially if they can't do it by themselves. If they have the $$ to spend, more power to them... makes it really REALLY easy to stay on plan. You don't have to think about it, you just eat what is delivered. It's better than a support group!!

It doesn't offend me in the least to see it... someone had a really good idea and is capitalizing on it. And, that in and of itself is not a bad thing....

Last edited by StorybookMama; 10-23-2003 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Ok, ok, my petunia is un-irked. See?

You make a good point. I just get all worked up because.....um....I don' t know why. It must be lack of caffeine! Thanks for the perspective, Lisa!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:40 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking BRING OUT THOSE PETUNIAS

Personally speaking I just want to see what an "irked petunia" looks like? (especially when it gets "un-irked")...and I would pay $39.95 perday to see this! (okay maybe not in US $$$$..but still...)

Froufy
Closed Thread