Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 05:45 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile 21-DAY-CHALLENGE #6 -- Please join us!!

Hello Dear Readers. This is the SIXTH chapter in the continuing saga of . . . the 21-Day Challenge.

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #2  

Talking Day 16

Yeah, a new thread!!!

Welcome back, redballon!! I hope you enjoyed your trip!

So far the days going good. I only have 5 days left, so I will not mess up!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Okay! Day 20 complete! I almost forgot to do it last night but I remembered right as I was falling asleep. Better late than never. One more day.

Welcome back RB.

Did everyone visit me? www.moonprism.com/mallory

sign guestbook please
Old 10-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Mallory... tomorrow is day 21!!!!! Wow.. you are doing GREAT!!!!

Butterfly.... only 5 days left???? Where has time gone too??? You are doing a fantastic job too!!

Red... How was your trip??? Glad you are home. Are you ready to jump back into the groove??

Me, It's what.. day.......11. I have done cardio everyday.. and resisted chocolate candy. Over half way there!!!! Today, I am going running at the lake with my sweetie.... he is in from California... and then tonight, I will be doing my ellpitcal workout! He surprised me with a present today at lunch..... God Love Him. I've been wanting a MP3 player every since we've started dating for when I rollerblade or jog.... and it's just hasn't been in my budget.. well.... he suprised me with one today!!!! :-) I am so excited!!!! Now I can't wait to figure out how to use it and go running with it!!! New motivation!!!

Ok.. better get back to work... (actually gonna play with my gizmo!) Talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 10-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #5  
Never give up

Talking Day 1!!!

Starting my new challenge off today. This is my fourth. The last fourth got cut short when I left on my trip. So, this is the new start, with a variation, a multi one.

I will have:

1) NO SUGAR or sweetener of any kind 'cept for a bit of sugarless gum at times.

2) NO BREAD, RICE CRACKERS or PASTA (except for a maximum of 3 servings of buckwheat noodles per week)

and:
I will do:

3) 100 CRUNCHES of any kind EVERY day.

So that's it. Wish me luck!
Day 1, here I come!!

P.S. I'll check in with you all later!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #6  

PhotogirlTX - actually today is day 21, but I've not completed it yet. I want an mp3 player too

RB - 100 crunches a day is a good goal!
Old 10-23-2003, 09:47 PM   #7  
jro

Day 3 - Success - gym for 30 minutes weights & 30 minutes on the bike - on th Day 4
Congratulations Michi
Old 10-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #8  

Default Day 21

jro - Yay an hour of exercise! very nice

YAAAAAY!

Day 21 was a success! I completed my first 21 day challenge!!

Now I'll take a break until my Pilates tape comes in, but don't worry, I'll be around ^_^

OH! Tomorrow I'm job hunting more. WISH ME LUCK!!

Last edited by michireiko; 10-23-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

Congratulations Mallory!!!

21 days down! I knew you could do it!!

Another day of success. I'm not sure what day this is, I'll have to look at the other thread... But I'm making it. And with all this stress of school!!!

Gotta get to studying.... hi to everyone and welcome back Redballoon!!!

Marti
Old 10-23-2003, 11:49 PM   #10  

Oh yeah---
Redballoon, how do format your post?? I have no idea how to enlargen the fonts AND get a different color!! I'm at a lost. Everything I've tried doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
When I try and then I preview it... it just shows the codes and then what I typed. But not formatted the way I want. I'd like to see some color is some of my posting. So please... guide me??
Old 10-24-2003, 07:49 AM   #11  

HI! Erm, can I cut in? I'd like to try for 21 days vegan. You all helped me go a week vegan in the other thread. Think I'm ready for this. *Deep breath*

OK, day one...

AR
Old 10-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #12  

Day 3 a success and day 4 in the workings. The weekend is coming which is always my killer so we will see. (especially since I have put off most of my running for the weekend)

Everyone is doing great!!! Have a good weekend.

Lizhorn
Old 10-24-2003, 12:58 PM   #13  

Default Day 17

Congratulations Mallory!!!

Augua &RB - good luck on your challenges!!

Liz & JRO - your're going great!!

MNJ - I hope school is going well.

Photogirl - great job with the cardo!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #14  
Never give up

Talking WAY TO GO, Michireiko!!!!

OK. I've made it to Day 2. It wasn't hard but I'm so severely jet-lagged that everything is messed up, which makes it easier in a way to avoid the bread and sugar rut of everyday (the usual everyday). Thanks for all the welcome backs!

Southern Butterfly, you're almost there! You bet, there's no way you're going to blow it now. Just put yourself on Cruise Control and come on home . . . a winner!!

michireiko, You did it!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you! You are now a veteran challenger!! You have done so well. I remember when you first started out and it was so hard for you to get on track. Now, you're coming across strong and determined.
I went to your Website. You look beautiful! I haven't signed your guestbook yet, but will. And good luck with the job hunting!

Photogirl, for making it to Day 11. And, thanks so much for being so great about keeping things going here. You are a great inspiration now. Wow, an MP3 player. Now, that would really make the cardio fun. Have you figured out how to work it yet?

Lizhorn, hello. We haven't met before. Tell me what your challenge is as I've been away. Congrats on a successful Day 3! And you can do it over the weekend. Just stay focused on your goal!

Aquareggie, of course you can cut in! Glad to see you over here. 21 days vegan. Ok, that's a toughie, but you can do it. I used to be vegan for a long time but have eased into lacto-ovo because of my hectic schedule and because I'm trying to train heavy and get the fat off and that alone is just too much to think about. I still try to be as vegan as possible though and need to familiarize myself with easy recipes so if you have any ideas maybe we can exchange them. Good luck!

jro, welcome to you too and for Day 3. You're doing it!!

And M.N.J., thank you as well for being a great support here for everyone! You are one of our most colorful members so I can understand you wanting to put some color into your posts!
It sounds to me like you're failing to turn OFF the codes. For everything you turn on you have to turn it off or it won't take. Here's an example (I'm subsituting parentheses for the brackets so you can see it, just be sure to use the brackets. I just type in the codes directly. Don't bother clicking on them, that takes too long) Ok. For ex: if you want a giant, bold, red color for the word -- Hurrah! -- do it like this:

(size=4)(b)(color=red) Hurrah! (/size)(/b)(/color)

OK? It's hard at first but gets easier. Heh, does that sound familiar?!?!?

OK, people, I've got to run. Catch you all later.

Old 10-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #15  

Smile

Redballoon-- I thank you. I had no idea what I was doing. So here is a big:
Thank you!!

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I used your weekly challenge idea and posted it with the Jaded Ladies forum that I post at. I hope you don't mind. We needed to challenge ourselves....and the weekly challenge is great.

Ok...must study for midterms. Post later when I have more time.

Marti
Closed Thread