South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat for 05/21

Good morning, ladies!!! Whew, what a whirlwind weekend!!! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my picture from the wedding. It's nice playing dress up every once in a while. The bride was absolutely gorgeous!!! I saw her and her new husband off Sunday before they left out for their honeymoon in Costa Rica.

Spent Monday taking my friend, Jersey, to the airport so she could head home. Sad to see her go, but I'm glad I have gotten a chance to see her twice in the past 2 months. Came home w/ a massive migraine, so I spent about 6 hours sleeping it off w/ the help of some migraine meds. Unfortunately, I think it's time I go back to the Neurologist and get that script for Topamax. My migraines are becoming to frequent for a PRN ("as needed") med...I think it's time to look at preventative measures.

Plans for today include...NOTHING!!! Okay, some squats and crunches and some exercise to make up for a lazy weekend filled w/ bad (for me) food and booze...but aside from that, nothing!!! Back to work tomorrow and then starts a long weekend of graduations and graduation parties. Eek!!!

What's on your agenda for today???
Old 05-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Natasha and all the chicks to come Glad you had a great time this weekend. Work today with a two hour training class thrown in. Frustrated with myself for forgetting my food for the day. Now I am at the mercy of NYC prices and limited choices. I was really looking forward to my crustless quiche! Oh well.

Saddened by the news coming out of Oklahoma. Mother Nature can be so cruel at times.

Looking forward to my days off. Yesterday was extremely busy. Made the day pass quickly. Well train is coming. Have a great day
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Much compassion today for my neighbors in Oklahoma

I'm up early finishing unpacking so I can get a bit of yardwork done before I head off to work.

to all the newcomers who stopped by yesterday!

I need to get the pup back outside....reminding myself that our local black bear has already been running up and down the street in the early morning hours (according to Kirk)

Have a great day everyone !
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Very sad news coming from Oklahoma, and my heart and prayers go out for them.

My girls have a school holiday today and we have a big day planned. Audrey had a sleepover at her friend's and Maggie had a friend sleepover, and after I collect them all we're taking off for French Creek State Park for a picnic and stopping at a plant farm to let the girls select some veggie plants for their garden. I hope we have time to get them all planted before we have to leave to take their friends home on the way to violin lessons. I picked some fresh kale from my garden last evening and made a yummy kale salad, so I'm packing some of that for my lunch.

It was such a nice evening last night that we sat out on the patio til late with a glass of wine, and I'm hoping to do the same today. It sure makes a lovely way to end the day.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It is a beautiful morning, although the news from OK city is heartbreaking. I can't imagine waiting and wondering if my children were alive or not.

I'm getting all excited because I started running again. I did it a bit over the winter, but not much - and then walking only when I got the pup. Today we did 3.5 miles, with 2.4 of it slow jog (1 mi, break, 1.4 mile)....she loved it! (of course!) She's doing awesome, although she is crashed out at my feet right now .

Today is a lonnnng day at work, hopefully nothing to crazy . Apparently we're still not getting rain, so I best water my garden!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-21-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. No need to water here - we got a good farmer's rain last night and more is scheduled for the next three days. I'm actually glad of the break although I have tons of planting still to do.

Just caught up on the devastation in Oklahoma. I cannot imagine what it must be like! Those poor people!

The furries are off to the groomer for their summer haircuts. I think Disney may have another vet trip in her future for dental work. She smells like someone died in her mouth! Probably another tooth bit the dust - poor girlie! I am not concerned about the mega bucks but about the anesthetic.

Just realized Christina gave me some tomato and basil plants yesterday and I left them at Claire's place. I was pretty tired so it's a wonder I didn't leave my car there!

Have a happy Tuesday that feels like Monday here after the Monday holiday.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sending prayers to Oklahoma, so sad to hear.

Today is meetings and more meetings and then tonight is Awana awards so we are done for the summer, should be fun tonight. DH birthday is today, I got him his cake last night since we are so busy tonight, afraid I ate one piece and it showed on the scale this morning but I will just be extra careful this week and up the water and should be good.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #8  

Good morning all!
I live in Kansas City so am in tornado alley myself. We haven't had a big one in many, many years. The last serious outbreak we have had since I lived here was in 2003 a month before my wedding. NOTHING compared to the Joplin one a couple of years ago or this in OK! I do, however, now live in the neighborhood that was hit in 2003!

Natasha, have you ever been on topomax yet? I was on it for migraines too. It really messes with your memory, which is a common side affect. I couldn't even put a sentence together because I couldn't remember words! It is supposed to help with weight loss though. I figured out on my own after thousands of dollars that mostly my headaches are tension and have my husband do what is called "stripping" my muscles in my neck. The massage is pretty painful but only lasts a few minutes. I rarely get migraines now. I kept telling the neurologist that I didn't think they started as migraines. I had debilitating headaches every day for almost a year. I went online and researched myself after none of the preventatives were working for me. I keep a script of Imitrex and that is it now. Thank the Lord.

I am retaining water like crazy. I really need to drink lots of water today. My fingers are so swollen I cant get rings off and they are almost painful! I can honestly say that I am very excited and happy I am doing this again. I know it is more work than throwing frozen entrees in the microwave or hamburger helper but during dinner last night I was just thinking what a great meal it was and hadn't thought that in a long time. Even my littlest twin was eating salad! I do let them have ranch and my husband does too but I stuck to a low sugar Italian. We had salad with toppings of your choice, including onion, mushroom, radishes and cucumber. My husband grilled a couple of steaks, and every time he does I swear I am not letting him again, a grill cook or any other kind of cook he is not. He needs to stick to pancakes and fried eggs! LOL! I also made steamed broccoli.
Tonight we are having chef salad and I am going to use an artichoke dressing on mine that I haven't used in years.

We had a huge yard sale this past weekend and I got behind on regular housework plus I am still cleaning up the leftovers to put back in the basement. I am also going to work on cleaning out my office/craft room so I can actually do some crafts in there. It was becoming the catch all for yard sale stuff.

Going to make an omelet. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Candy (maybe I'll find time to work on my signature and do a ticker today too
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmommy View Post
Natasha, have you ever been on topomax yet? I was on it for migraines too. It really messes with your memory, which is a common side affect. I couldn't even put a sentence together because I couldn't remember words! It is supposed to help with weight loss though. I figured out on my own after thousands of dollars that mostly my headaches are tension and have my husband do what is called "stripping" my muscles in my neck. The massage is pretty painful but only lasts a few minutes. I rarely get migraines now. I kept telling the neurologist that I didn't think they started as migraines. I had debilitating headaches every day for almost a year. I went online and researched myself after none of the preventatives were working for me. I keep a script of Imitrex and that is it now. Thank the Lord.
Thanks for the input! I have not tried Topamax yet, but it was what my Neuro recommended last time I was seen. I've suffered w/ frequent headaches since elementary school and the migraines started in high school. They are getting more and more frequent. I've been on Zomig for years and it DOES work when I take it, but it's a PRN medication and it looks like it's time to upgrade to a preventative. I have days of just regular headaches and then I have my migraine days. What used to be once or twice a year has now turned into once or twice a month. I'm going to talk to my Neuro about the memory loss and disphasia b/c, as a 911 dispatcher, that's a BIG concern for me.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick check in for me today. Somehow my mornings are usually too busy to post.

DS1 has moved back in and begun his summer job. I'm so glad that both of my kids are not only motivated but have been able to find a summer job that actually lets them earn some cash towards school. So many kids aren't able to find work that gives them many hours.

As so many stated, I have been struck by the awful devastation in OK. Some of my colleagues today were discussing that every location has its own type of bad weather, it's just a matter of what you want to deal with. Me? I'll stick with blizzards and occasional ice storms. As long as you aren't traveling and have a wood stove blizzards are fairly manageable. My heart goes out to those people who lost their loved ones.

I've been focusing on eating well the past few days after our weekend indulgences. I'm making sausage and peppers tonight. Yum.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #11  

Good night everyone! I was just on line catching up on how the canadian holiday went and trying to motivate myself for tomorrow. I had to read a little about the tornados because I am terrified of them. I really shouldn't live in the South... heat, humidity, scary weather and scary bugs. I vote for blizzards too. I tell my friends around here about the peacefulness of a blizzard and how when the power is out you just put your food outside. Nothing spoils and everything is quiet and peaceful. ( I'm just waiting for Tammy to catch on to the wood burning stove.) Between the wood burner and the gas grill outside we were set. We have had major tornados on either side of us in the last year and I am afraid that our year is coming. The only thing that keeps me sane is that ALL of the Briarwood Elementary School kids survived. Here school is canceled if there is even a threat of a tornado but it is nice to know that the tornado drills may help. There is a video on facebook of a woman who finds her dog while being interviewed. Have you seen it? Tears were streaming down my face, I feel as if that dog was probably everything to her and it reminds me that stuff is just stuff. Hump day is big for me, I'm half way through a week of being husband-less and out numbered by children. I hope it's a good one for everyone!
Closed Thread