Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #1  
"I'm working on it!"

Lightbulb POWER UP with the POWER GANG!!!!

"We all have the POWER to accomplish this feat, and TOGETHER we have even MORE POWER" (thanks for the quote MIKI)

A bunch of us started out in the EXERCISE forum as a group using Beach Body "POWER" products like Power Half Hour or Power 90. Individual's cirmcumstances had us fall away from these POWER products, but we still kept on coming to our thread (26 pages worth ) to give and get support in whatever program we were currently following. We decided that our name and the forum we were in was misleading, so we thought we'd rename and move our thread.

We invite ANYONE to join in! We all DO have the POWER to accomplish our weight loss goals and we are MORE POWERFUL together.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:47 AM   #2  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Our new home

Well, I hope my opening post is ok for everyone.

I just wanted to report in that I actually DID some exercise yesterday. I got on my elliptical for a half hour "hilly" program.

If I keep up the exercise, I'll eat better too. I find when I exercise, I don't want to snack on the chips at night. So here's hoping I continue. I'll have to keep the marathon brochure around where I'll see it all the time to remind me what I'm working towards (for those of you just joining us, I'm hoping to run either a 10K or a half marathon in May).

MIKI--Glad you're liking your new tape. If you like the exercise you're doing, you're going to do it. Way to go!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #3  
soontobethin

Hello,
I just read some of your posts from your previous thread. My dh and I started the power 90 yesterday. I have been exercising almost daily for two yrs now. The first yr I lost 40 lbs. But I leveled off and have been maintaining. I hope the power 90 is what I need to kick it up. I look foward to posting on here and getting to know some of you and what other exercise programs you are doing. As for the dieting, I just do portion control and dring a lot of water. Like I said, hope this works to get those last few stubborn pounds off.
Ricci
Old 10-21-2003, 01:41 PM   #4  
Peace with body and soul

Hi guys! I was down all weekend w/this sinus stuff. Had to get 2wks more antibotics so I'm going to be gentle on my bod this week, workout-wise. Walks at lunch and light weight training in the evenings.

Good news is that I had a full bloodwork done and since I dumped the low carb, low fat lifestyle, ALL my counts are GREAT! I eat more high protein, good fat now and my cholestral is down, blood sugar is great and liver and kidney functions ROCK! HOORAY!

Hope all is well for you too!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #5  

Hi Gang!

Zanne, thanks for setting up the new thread. You summarized our purpose perfectly in the opening post. Hooray for you for getting in that elliptical workout.

Ricci, Welcome to our "powerful" group. I have lost 47 lbs in the last year and like you, the scale has now come to a standstill over the last several months. (I also did/am doing portion control but have been slack in the water drinking lately) Maintaining is better than gaining for sure, but I still need to lose about 30 more lbs. Hearing that you've been exercising regularly for 2 yrs now is an inspiration for me to keep going. I did the Power Half Hour tapes for 4 weeks and enjoyed them. I'm sure you'll like doing the Power 90 ones especially since dh is going to be there working out with you. (I am currently doing Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body" tape on Mon,Wed, Fri and walking 3 miles the other days)

Mindi, hate hearing you're still under the weather. You're doing the right thing by taking it easy tho. You dont want to get worse. Glad to hear the news that all your blood work turned out great!

I dont know about the rest of you but just starting in this new thread has motivated me to really try harder to accomplish my goals. I'm totally hyped about it! Thanks again, Zanne, for getting it up and running for us.

Well ladies...gotta run for now. Have a great nite!

Miki
Old 10-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Power Gang!

Just thought I would check in here and let you all know I was thinking of you!

I like the new thread. Love the name!

My sciatica is back with a vengence! I have a PT appointment this Friday to get it checked out. Hopefully I can get it under control without any meds.

I am down three pounds in the last two weeks. Slow but sure!

Back on day shift now, so it's harder for me to post, but I wanted to let you all know I was thinking of you and will check in hopefully weekly!

Hugs to all!

Chach
Old 10-23-2003, 08:07 AM   #7  
Peace with body and soul

Hello girls! Chach good to see you and I'm sorry about your back! I hope you get it under control soon, I know how painful it is!

Congrats too on your loss! you GO!

Miki, thanks for your sympathy re: this sinus crap. I'm doing 2 more weeks of antibiotics and painkillers. I can't believe that a sinus infection could hurt so but it does! The pressure of the cavities is pressing on my teeth and OH, it HURTS! I'll get your videos back to you next week, is that soon enough? I'm going to try to buy them on Ebay or a swap somewhere. I really get a kick out of Tony. LOL

Got the PMS hunger this week, I HATE THAT! My workouts are going well, I don't want to screw it up by eating too much! grrrr!!

Have a great day and get out there and enjoy the sun!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:30 PM   #8  

Hi Mindi...

I'm in no hurry for the tapes so dont rush on my account. Seriously, you're welcome to keep them if you want. I will never use them without my sis and she has copies also. Did you work out using the Buns one yet?? It KILLED me...lol

Hope you kick that nasty sinus infection very soon. You know it's bad when your teeth literally hurt. I hate that! It's a miserable feeling.

OH almost forgot! Actually got off that 195 mark that I've been on since June or July!! This morning it was between 192 and 193! YEAHHHHHH

Well, need to run....Josh is buggin me to have a turn on the computer.

Miki
Old 10-24-2003, 11:54 AM   #9  
soontobethin

Good morning ladies,
Finished my first week on P90, and am now down 4 lbs. I am so excited. hope you all have a great weekend.
Ricci
Old 10-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #10  

Congratulations Ricci! Way to Go! Enjoying my weekend so far even tho I have to work tomorrow. Ohwell, I was off 4 days this week so I cant complain.

Miki
Old 10-25-2003, 10:16 AM   #11  
Peace with body and soul

Way to GO Miki AND Ricci!! Congrats on your 'losses'! LOL

Miki! Thank you SO MUCH, I'd love to have the videos if you're sure you really don't need them??? Thank you SO MUCH!

I'm going to take it easy this weekend, may not work out at all, other than ordinary chores. I'm also going to make a big pot of vegetable soup. I love soup when I'm not feeling so perky and truthfully, a good friend of mine who recently lost 80lbs, did it by always eating a cup of homemade veg soup before her meals or as a snack. it cut her hunger and its very healthy, and easy to make.

So I'm off to the store to find some good stuff to throw in my soup. I hope you all have a great Sat.!
Old 10-25-2003, 06:16 PM   #12  

You're very welcome Mindi...hope you enjoy them.

Homemade soup sounds yummy. I'm ready for some good cool soup-eating weather. I may have to try your friend's idea of keeping it on hand for between and before meal snacks.

Worked today but home now so the weekend is getting better. It rained a little earlier and is getting cooler. Supposed to be a high of 50 tomorrow which will be nice for walking.

Hope your restful weekend helps you get well and energized for the upcoming week. Taking it easy is probably just what you need.

Well, better run for now. Be back later..

Miki
Old 10-27-2003, 09:37 PM   #13  

Ok everybody....It's getting lonesome in here!! Hope you're all doing well and are able to check in soon!

Miki
Old 10-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #14  
Peace with body and soul

Hi girls! Been busy so I've slacked on my net time. Sad, ain't it?

Had a CT scan yesterday for my sinuses..they just aren't getting better and I'm tired of begging the doc for pain meds..he acts like I'm asking for morphine for crying out loud! geesh!

Anyway, I should have the results tomorrow and then maybe we can get to the bottom of this crap.

Other than that, the weather's turned COLD here..rainy, windy too. I'd like to get a new coat this year, (not like I don't have 100 already!), but I shouldn't. I need to pay for new glasses, a new crown (tooth) and will have to pay some of the medical stuff that my insurance doesn't pick up. Plus, Christmas is coming..so probably no coat for me. wah!

I also want new boots and new clothes! LOL Not to mention new workouts! I want this one called "Hardcore Kickboxing," by Janis Saffil, that I may get. Its more in my budget.

Eating too much the past couple of days. I did really well all last week, mainly because I just didn't feel hungry at all, but yesterday and today I've been STARVING!! I did suck down some chocolate, and MUST STOP THAT!!!

Anyway, hope all of you are well and working out! Happy Halloween!!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:42 PM   #15  

Hi everybody

Mindi, did you get the results of your CT scan? I hope you get something soon to get you well. Your finances sound about like mine lately...my oven is messed up--thermostat is way off, hubby had a flat yesterday--new tire, Christmas coming up, my hours at work have been short the last couple of weeks, kids have outgrown most of last winter's clothes, most of mine are too baggy now (which is a good thing except for having to buy new ones at this time of year)...just seems like something new we need money for every day.

Zanne, have you gotten back into your Power 90? Hope to hear from you soon!

Ricci, how are things going with you? I've done pretty well this week until today. Actually I did fine until after 3:00 pm then it just went downhill with my eating. I havent done any exercise either but I havent missed a day in a long time and decided to take a break.

Chach, it was good to hear from you. Drop in anytime. We want to keep in touch with you and how you're doing.

Well, not really any news. Feeling miserable because I nibbled here and there all afternoon. Just wanna hit the couch now. I will definitely do better tomorrow!

Everyone, have a great Friday!

Miki
Closed Thread