Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #1  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default How to make your day better

I have had gains in the last 2 days and have not overeaten and have eaten the correct meals but just gained. I am just discouraged this morning... I know that I will get over it and continue on as I am committed truly, but I need to get my mind frame back to being happy. What do you all do to make the day/week etc better when things are not going as planned (oh yes.. God laughs I know lol)

Writing here helps me alot as I get it out on "paper" so to speak and it lessons the feeling. I also give myself pep talks and try and find something that does make me happy (crafting/reading/walking etc) but I have to go to work (in 1/2 hour) and just nothing that I can think of will get me going this morning. Just looking for what you do for yourselves (even Chocolate did not help this morning )

Funny I already feel better writing this..... But what makes you feel better?
( I will answer when I get home from work)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it's great that you wrote this and it gave you a place to put your feelings out there into the universe. I think it's important to keep in mind that weight loss is not linear. If you see some of the people who have met their goal weight and how they've charted their progress, you'll see that it's up and down and that overall, the trend is for the weight to decrease but there are days when you seem to do everything on plan and it just goes up.

Here are some potential reasons:

Water weight -- due to time of the month
Water weight -- due to sodium increase
Water weight -- due to building muscle (if you're working out, muscles wil retain water as they repair and become larger)

Weight off food -- you maybe ate low calorie foods that just weigh more and perhaps you didn't eliminate them yet (if you know what I mean)

It's possible you're not creating a calorie deficit, but that is unlikely. The formulas which tell people how many calories they are supposed to consume aren't accurate for everyone. Some people actually need to eat less to create a deficit....but really, that is (as I said), so unlikely.

Hypothiroidism or PCOS are some conditions that make weight loss much tougher. I doubt this is the case, but I thought I'd mention it.

Lastly, it's possible that you're eating more than you think. People often underestimate how many calories they're consuming and overestimate how many calories they're burning.

It's easier said than done, but it's a good idea to focus on your positive habits and that you've stuck to your plan rather than the small changes on the scale. Perhaps you can create a reward system for yourself where you celebrate the fact that you're improving your health. I know some people will treat themselves to something small with every 5 or 10 lbs. they lose, but you could actually treat yourself just for sticking to your plan.

Another way to make a better day is to say nice things to yourself. Think of something very wonderful about you and repeat it to yourself over and over throughout the day. It may seem silly, but it really does work for a lot of people.

Mainly, I try not to wait until I reach my goal in order to enjoy life. I do my hair, dress nice and put myself together as best as I can because doing those things make me feel more positive overall.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

Thank you Luckymommy...... Being 55 weight also does take its dear sweet time to say goodbye LOL and I was good eating.... Atkins meals etc.... I think our bodies just hang on sometimes... I was just alittle down and I thank you for the idea of Dress up.... When I get home from work.. I will try on that pair of nice pants that I have never worn (they were soooo tight 40+ lbs ago) and maybe they will fit

Thank you!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Sue don't worry we all go through this. I have been MIA because of it. I just feel blah.. You are doing so awesome and your body will follow. You know what I do though when I'm feeling discouraged I either go buy some weight loss or fitness magazines and I start working on my smashbook (because it's about my weight loss) or if I don't have the money to go buy new magazines, I just search the net to get some inspiration or Pinterest.
We can do this!! You are doing wonderful!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #5  

Hugs, Sue!! You couldn't have gained weight unless you ate an extra 7,000 calories above and beyond your regular day. So no worries, ok?? Easier said than done, I know.

I love writing here at 3FC (in case no one noticed ), and I start my day here every day while getting my morning started. It is so helpful to know we aren't alone in our struggles and also I sincerely get excited by reading the NSV and happy posts from people.

I also breeze through Pinterest for some motivating quotes and that helps me get my mind on track for making my day better. But I think the best thing to make my day better right now,esp. that spring is here, is watching my dog embrace the morning when I let him outside. He's so happy to get a giant leap out the door to greet the birds and other creatures that have graced our yard, he sticks his cute nose in all the bushes (which looks like he's smelling the flowers lol) and it's just so uplifting! I know you were probably looking for a human reference but this is all I have at the moment!! My dog gets so excited every single day and he's a genuinely happy dog. I want that kind of life too!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Awwww. to be a dog right Elvis.. I love watching dogs do this when they first go out in the morning. There so excited and just ready for the day..
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

This is going to sound corny...but I try to do something nice for someone else. Their happiness is contagious.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I agree with Elvis, writing on the 3FC boards, reading goal posts, and even the random blogs on the internet really help me re frame my thinking! But 3fc is def the winner for me! I can't imagine not logging on 3fc at least once a day!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #9  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Just eating my next meal as it should be makes me feel so much better. Meaning, even if I messed up totally throughout the morning, just getting back to eating my wonderful salad at lunch makes me feel so much better. Even if I feel like I have way overdone it, I never with-hold my next healthy meal. Just eating it, even if I'm over "budget" for the day makes me feel better and more in control. More poised to make the next choice the right one, and so on. Eating the right meals grounds me.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Sue don't worry we all go through this. I have been MIA because of it. I just feel blah.. You are doing so awesome and your body will follow. You know what I do though when I'm feeling discouraged I either go buy some weight loss or fitness magazines and I start working on my smashbook (because it's about my weight loss) or if I don't have the money to go buy new magazines, I just search the net to get some inspiration or Pinterest.
We can do this!! You are doing wonderful!!
I thank you very much Sassie (Nice to see you posting again!!) I like your idea about the magazines and articles.. and glimpses of what we can be Thank you.. and I am hoping that we are going to see you in the 260-250 thread??!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #11  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Hugs, Sue!! You couldn't have gained weight unless you ate an extra 7,000 calories above and beyond your regular day. So no worries, ok?? Easier said than done, I know.

I love writing here at 3FC (in case no one noticed ), and I start my day here every day while getting my morning started. It is so helpful to know we aren't alone in our struggles and also I sincerely get excited by reading the NSV and happy posts from people.

I also breeze through Pinterest for some motivating quotes and that helps me get my mind on track for making my day better. But I think the best thing to make my day better right now,esp. that spring is here, is watching my dog embrace the morning when I let him outside. He's so happy to get a giant leap out the door to greet the birds and other creatures that have graced our yard, he sticks his cute nose in all the bushes (which looks like he's smelling the flowers lol) and it's just so uplifting! I know you were probably looking for a human reference but this is all I have at the moment!! My dog gets so excited every single day and he's a genuinely happy dog. I want that kind of life too!
Oh Elvis.. you are so right.... Seeing animals (who have no agenda except eat, sleep and play (well maybe licking and sniffing) Just enjoy life is a reminder to us all.... The wonderf of life and how lucky we are here and to live each day joyfully I thank you for that vision Now if only I can get my cats to wag their tails at me LOL
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #12  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
This is going to sound corny...but I try to do something nice for someone else. Their happiness is contagious.
Oh this is a very good idea.... I try and do this every day... but sometimes I forget to enjoy their enjoyment Thank you Precious Missy
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #13  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
I agree with Elvis, writing on the 3FC boards, reading goal posts, and even the random blogs on the internet really help me re frame my thinking! But 3fc is def the winner for me! I can't imagine not logging on 3fc at least once a day!
Thank you hhm6.... That is how I started my day after I got the downer... Logging on to this wonderful forum and you all wonderful, loving and gratious people!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #14  
Sue finding inner song

New leaf,.,, I agree about the meals and I was on plan and have been (except for tonight and had that awesome Parmesan crusted CHicken at Longhorn brought 1/2 home (its very salty but very tasty and not tooooo many carbs),,, Thank you for your reply
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #15  
Sue finding inner song

I was thinking at work, that small things... like clothes that had been so tight that are now loose, Having the steering wheel be even farther away from my belly, walking straight thru a hallway instead of sideways, walking on heeled shoes instead of gym shoes, phrases from magazines, looking at pictures of when I was thinner and happy and knowing that I am in control and not the food..... Just some of the things I thought of..... and looking foward to when I got home and could log onto this forum and read all of your posts in this whole place that just lets me know I am part of it all and not alone

THANK YOU all very much!!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-20-2013 at 09:05 PM.