Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #1  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Fast food binges

Every time I eat fast food (takeaway) I end up binging. I've tried limiting it to small amounts and it doesn't seem to work. So I've decided that I'm going to give it up completely. I've managed to stop binging on chocolate by limiting the amount I have and eating brands of chocolate that don't cause cravings and so far it's working. But I simply have too many problems with fast food!

Is fast food a trigger for anyone else?
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/216/189

Height: 5'5

Yes, I wanted to get mcdonalds so bad last night, I was literally getting dressed than my friend asked me to go to the gym and my craving just left. But, when I eat fast food I get a lot. 2 big macs and three large fries with lots of packages of mayo.
lechile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

yep ! i dont crave it..i mean it doesnt taste great but its so very easy and cheap. also there is one on every corner so i could just get in and out and avoid the "looks" people give you when you are huge and order lots of food ! whenever i did go on a binge it was my "food" of choice.
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Fast food is one of my triggers too. I am trying to move towards eating in moderation rather than this constant cycle of binging and restricting, which seems to get me nowhere.

I would love to be able to just go to a drive thru fast food place, order one of whatever I was craving - a burger, a breakfast sandwich, or a value meal even - and just eat that and be totally satisfied. But I can't.

I just start thinking that one of whatever isn't enough. I have always ordered a ton of food at the drive thru so one of anything just seems like it won't be enough. Or, at the other extreme, I will want to order something, for example my favorite Honey butter chicken biscuit from Whataburger (the honey butter is like crack), or hot cakes and sausage, or a Wendy's double with cheese, but then I will freak out about the calories and won't be able to order.

One day I will really test myself and eat a normal sized breakfast, lunch and dinner at a fast food chain just to see if I can do it. But that day is way in the future.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: hw:290/sw:215/cw:188/gw:140

Height: 5'3

I feel your pain fast-food is a huge trigger for me. I have to cut it out all together. That and sodas are a big nono for me.
tapifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/ticker/164

Height: 5'8"

Yep, this is definitely one of my triggers. I have a history of running out for McDonalds or whatever and then shamefully ordering a ton of food and eating it in the car alone so no one knows I'm doing it. Probably the worst compulsive eating habit I've had. I've never been as much for sugar binges, but give me salt and junk food all day.
robotfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #7  

Yup. I noticed about 3/4 of the way through a sandwich, I think "dang, I should go back for a second one!" My advice is to not do it, the craving will pass! I read a book once about how food scientists research the most effective taste combinations of sweet, salty etc to put in those sandwiches, and I try to remember that this is marketing science at work.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #8  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Fast food really isn't a trigger for me. I don't really crave it unless someone else is eating it and I smell french fries. However, if someone were to put a plate of fries, deep-fried veggies, or potato skins in front of me, I would defiantly eat it. Then, I would feel guilty and nauseous the rest of the night. I try to avoid those situations.

If I do eat fast food due to lack of time, such as today, I usually opt for Subway (Turkey or Chicken). I do enjoy some of the healthier fast food salads that are available now though (McDonalds' Southwest Grilled Chicken & Wendy's Cashew Chicken Asian Salad). I'm also partial to those new McDonalds' Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken McWraps.

McDonalds' Southwest Grilled Chicken w/ 1 Southwest Ranch - 390
McDonalds' Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken McWraps - 370
Wendy's Cashew Chicken Asian Salad w/ 1 Chili Dressing - 380
Subway 6 in. Chicken on Wheat with Monterery Cheddar, Cucumber, Jalapeno, Spinach and Honey Mustard - 390
Subway 6 in. Turkey Breast on Wheat with Pepperjack, Spinach, Cucumber, Jalapeno and Chipotle Southwest - 420

Last edited by Psychic; 05-20-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

I am in two minds about fast food. I do the same as many of you, if I go to a place like McDonalds I order way too much food and eat the lot. However, eating fast food doesn't necessarily cause me to want to binge on fast food, but it does cause me to have general binge cravings. I know that when I have really fancied a burger or whatever and given in to the temptation, I am usually ok for burgers (or whatever it was) but my usual binge urges come back. I don't know what the link there is, possibly just that unhealthy food begets unhealthy food and my body is telling me to leave well alone
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #10  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Fast food is definitely a trigger for me. Often when I eat it - its on nights I know I wont be around others and usually one meal isnt enough for me. This preparation is just all apart of my binge/purge cycle it drives me crazy! I just know when I start bargaining with myself ... All bets are off. Thats why - like the original poster of this thread- I just don't think I will ever have a healthy relationship with fast food.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote