Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #1  
Esta es mi vida ♫

Height: 171 cms

Thumbs up Walking and calorie burn

Hi guys!

I am a calorie counter and lost 7 lbs by following 1200-calorie diet plan. I eat whatever I want but try to stay around 1200 calories daily. My daily calorie need is roughly 2200-2300 calories (according to Nutrition Data, and except burned calories with walking or biking) and eating 1200 calories a day I make 1000 calories deficit daily. I've always wanted to be in shape and run but I can only walk or bike without putting so much effort. I don't know what your heart rate monitor say but I burn approximately 80 calories per 1-mile walk at moderate pace.

I'd like to know your calories that burned during a slow/moderate/fast walk (per 1 mile)

Thanx for all the comments!

Sorry for my poor English. I'm not a native speaker

Last edited by Mia Zoe; 05-20-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Mia Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Zoe View Post
Hi guys!

I am a calorie counter and lost 7 lbs by following 1200-calorie diet plan. I eat whatever I want but try to stay around 1200 calories daily. My daily calorie need is roughly 2200-2300 calories (according to Nutrition Data, and except burned calories with walking or biking) and eating 1200 calories a day I make 1000 calories deficit daily. I've always wanted to be in shape and run but I can only walk or bike without putting so much effort. I don't know what your heart rate monitor say but I burn approximately 80 calories per 1-mile walk at moderate pace.

I'd like to know your calories that burned during a slow/moderate/fast walk (per 1 mile)

Thanx for all the comments!

Sorry for my poor English. I'm not a native speaker
I have never been concerned about how many calories I am burning, just how I feel after exercising. The number of calories you burn depends a lot on how much you weight. The more you weigh, the more calories you burn. Here is a chart I found online that give you calories burned for just about every exercise imaginable. LOL Hope this helps.

http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I weigh 222, and I burn a net of approximately 140 calories per mile while running.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #4  
TJM

S/C/G: 12st/10st 7/9st

Height: 5 foot 5

I eat like a PIG if I do hard exercise - cardio or weights. Some say they dont, so it depends on you. Walking is great though, doesnt set off that trigger & without being scientific Im sure its helped a lot in the past (holidays I have mysteriously lost weight on, for example). If you can bear an hour a day that would probably be the minimum..
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #5  
TJM

S/C/G: 12st/10st 7/9st

Height: 5 foot 5

Mia, a question...over what period did you lose that 7 pounds? I think calorie counting is 'the one' for me & if that 7 pounds is in a week..Im starting tomorrow!
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #6  
Esta es mi vida ♫

Height: 171 cms

TJM >> I've started my diet on April, 27th and I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks (from 193 lbs to 185 lbs).
I cheated on my diet several times this week and unfortunately gained 1 lbs back.
I walk 5 miles every day.

Last edited by Mia Zoe; 05-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Mia Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote