Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters Enjoying the Flowers!!

Welcome one and all! We used to weigh in on Thursday, but now we all weigh when we can. We come here to socialize and solve all of the world's problems.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Thanks Tammy for the thread start.
I have lost another pound! I'm still eating pureed foods and just can't eat much. Things are better. However the mouthwash has irritated the inside of my mouth. I will use saltwater rinses instead.

I guess I'll have to start a new tracker,

Everyone drink your water.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Happy Mother's Day!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #4  

Tina, so sorry about the mouthwash causing problems! It's always something, isn't it? Congrats on meeting your goal,but not the way it happened.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

My desktop computer won't connect to the internet, Tim's laptop died, so he and I are sharing my laptop right now.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening everyone-hope everyone's well - I've just been plodding along not doing too much - Saturday I'm off to Calgary to visit with my oldest son Lee & his wife Wendy - we'll meet up with my middle guy, Ian-then monday I head up to Edmonton in the evening and visit with son #3, Jamie - will be visiting friends and old work collegues and will head back home on Saturday. I've seen a lawyer about starting divorce proceedings and while I'm in Edmonton will meet up with Geoff and have him sign papers(we'll do this with a commissioner of oaths)--I'm really looking forward to the time off. one of my nephews has been accepted at the Polytech University in Paris to do his masters(he's at McGill in Montreal right now) he starts in september-so my sister and I are thinking of maybe going to visit him around Christmas! the branch manager that we had in Montreal lives outside of Paris and had to go back to France just a few weeks ago - something with his work permit - he told me to contact him if I do go over - it's something to think about-

well, I hope everyone's great -'til tomorrow

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #6  

Maureen, enjoy the time off! Spending time with your sons will be great. Sounds like you may have a trip to France in your future!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

I don't understand why we are soooo quiet here!
Maureen, your trip will be great. Take lots of photos for us.
Tammy, Computer problems---yuck, no fun. Any idea what's going on?
Our cable, for the TV, is out again. I hope Larry kept a record of how long it was out last month. I want a credit from this company!

Have a good rest of the day.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #8  

Tina, I called tech support, and my warranty is up, so they were going to charge me $40. I'm going to replace one of the cables, and see if that helps. If not, I'll call tech support again, pay the money. I need internet! lol Tim is gone during the day, so really it's not an emergency. It's just nice to jump on whenever I want. He is using Lauren's tonight. She just got a new one because her old one died not long ago.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I've regained a pound that I lost after surgery. That's okay. I really didn't expect to keep it all off. My dr. visit was good. Things are coming along. It will be a few more weeks of soft diet.

Maureen, have a wonderful trip. Good luck with the divorce papers getting all signed.

Tammy, any luck with your computer? I hope you don't have to pay for tech support!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #10  

Tina, glad you had a good report with dr!

I didn't get the new cord today for the computer, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #11  

hi everyone

just popping in to say hi - I'll be here during the week but I'm off tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to seeing my sons!! I do miss them
Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Maureen, I hope you have a wonderful time visiting all you children.

Tammy, did you get that cable and, did it work?

Jeanne, what's going on?

Susan, how many more days of school????

It's so hot today. And, we think our a/c needs help! It's just not cool enough. So, we'll call someone tomorrow to come check it out. Money!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #13  

good morning all

I've been up for 2 hrs - my son & wife are still sleeping - I'm still on central time!!! had a great day yesterday with 2 of my sons and their ladies - leave tomorrow for Edmonton and meet up with son #3-even though he drives me around the bend at times I do miss him. looking forward to seeing him-

I'm not sure if I asked before!! but does anyone here have a nutribullit? if so do you really like it? I like making smoothies and I'm on the quest for the perfect blender to make them!!! I have a Ninja but it just doesn't seem to be doing the job!

well, have a great day and talk to you later

maureen
Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Good morning!
It's a beautiful day but will get hot. The a/c guy will come this afternoon. Yea!

Maureen, I have an immersion blender by Kitchenaid. It's great. Until my mouth surgery, I hardly ever used it. Now, I can't do without it.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Last edited by Tina; 05-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #15  

Maureen, glad you are enjoying your sons! I like smoothies!

Tina, hope you get the air conditioner fixed. I still haven't gone to get the cord. I guess I need to put that on tomorrow's list.

I bought an elliptical! I saw it on a local garage sale site on Facebook. The woman that had it for sale is friends with several of my friends, so I felt like I could trust her. $200 and they delivered it! I haven't hurt myself getting on and off yet. I also haven't used it but a few minutes. I think it is going to be a first thing in the morning activity.