Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Did this happen to you? Maybe it's just me.

I don't know what the heck is up with me; maybe I'm just due for my monthly "off" day, but it seems like ever since I decided to slow down on losing/focus on maintaining, my sweet tooth has increased! I want to eat candy and cake and ice cream and I do not know what is up with me. I almost never indulge or find a way to have what I want without it being ridiculous (like the other day, I wanted a pastry from Starbucks, but instead of getting the giant muffin that I wanted, I just got a petite scone instead, which by the way are surprisingly only 120cal a scone; not bad when you think about what it is.), but I'm having to have this fight with myself EVERY DAY. The "you can have that another day" thing usually works, but sometimes I just don't want to have it another day. Did your cravings increase when you could have a little more calories to play with? I think that plays a role in it.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #2  

Absolutely! For me, more calories translated into more freedom in eating choices, and having a sweet tooth, I naturally chose sweets. This is something I still struggle with, and I've been maintaining since Nov. 2011. It's exacerbated by the fact that I have lots of other eating "freedom" as well because I have a weekly rather than daily total, so I cycle my calories. This gives me leeway to eat lower on some days and add in those calories to other days. So, I can find myself, as I did yesterday, eating a pint of gelato BEFORE dinner.
I've managed to maintain within three pounds of my goal, but I'm not satisfied with the way I eat because I still don't feel 100% in control. I'm currently working on revising my eating behavior so that it is more structured and moderate (I'm experimenting with different methods).

Not sure if any of that helps you. Good luck!

Last edited by lin43; 05-17-2013 at 01:11 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

This has happened to me too. I have developed a sweet tooth out of nowhere!

I cater for it by eating lots of fruit, which I love but I do feel a little concerned by the amount of sugar I am consuming. I do figure that if it's a "natural" sugar it can't be as bad as scoffing chocolate and ice cream etc. but I have started enjoying desserts more when out too.

More calories = more leeway with my choices. But if I'm not gaining and I am still sticking to my limits, I try not to fret about it too much.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #4  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

Yes, this has happened to me! I noticed as soon as I stopped trying to loe as much and upped my calorie a bit I started craving cakes so much!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote