Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Trying to get back in the Groove

In March I reached my first goal, I lost 20lbs. I was thrilled. It took me about 7 months to do it. During Christmas and winter which is always tough for me. Extra proud for those reasons.

But I haven't lost anymore since. I keep gaining and losing the same 3-5lbs. I stopped logging my food on MFP for almost a month. I knew my cals enough to know if I was on track, and I kept up with my exercise, but I was just burnt out from weight loss. Which frustrated me cause I thought I had gotten to the point where it was becoming a habit, and a lifestyle.

I DO NOT want to gain back my 20lbs. But I can see myself going that way. Last time I lost weight I lost 20lbs, and then I gained back 40lbs.

I want to lose 100lbs in total, but I can't think of that right now. So, I keep telling myself, just lose 20 more, get to onederland, then go from there.

But I feel like this first 20 was SO HARD. I feel exhausted. I can't seem to get back on track. I know it felt good. I know it's good for my heart. I love how my body is changing. I love wearing smaller sizes.

I started back on MFP. Trying to up the exercise. But it's not clicking.

I want to get back on track to lose that 20. I just don't know where to start. Which feels ridiculous cause I felt like I finally GOT IT and I was set! Now I feel lost again.
Natlyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I'd think of it like this: You've lost 20 already. Might have been painful, made you sweat, took a lot of work emotionally and physically, but you DID IT. And you CAN do it again. It's good you're setting mini goals. It's much easier to lose 20 lbs 5 times, then saying you want to lose 100.

I'd keep monitoring your calories and fitness. Take a before picture in a bikini (or bra and underwear) and take measurements.

I weigh myself every day and can deal with my 2-4lbs fluctuations throughout the day. I measure in every Monday. On the weeks I only lose a pound, or less, I just look at my measurements. I think it's important to have a few ways to keep track as it definitely is easy to get discouraged.

Most importantly, you're doing this. You want this and you're doing what it takes. Thats step 1 and you've nailed it. So keep it up!

Remember, in 6 months from now you're going to wish you started today.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #3  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

First of all, well done for losing that first 20lbs -- that's a big achievement, don't lose sight of that!

For now, though, how about bringing your goals in much smaller to get you going again? Instead of feeling exhausted thinking of that next 10lbs, how about you join a "Getting out of the 220s" thread? Or the "Lose 5lbs" challenge?

Losing 20lbs is hard work (thats's pretty much my loss this entire year so far). But losing 2lbs or 5lbs is doable -- you've done it a pile of times already. You can do this!
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I ditto what has been said.
Celebrate your hard work and 20lb loss. Do NOT give up, even if you have a bad day or week. Keep trying.
Also, TAKE PICTURES. I wish I would have done that when I was losing my initial weight. I am 18months from my original goal of 160 and here I sit 6lbs heavier than I was last year at this time. That number would be much higher if I had given up trying to lose the additional 10 lbs.
Keep going!! One day at a time.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys

My week has been awful for eating, but I kept logging it. Which just showed me how bad I am doing and how fast I am going to gain that 20lbs back! And I will NOT let that happen.

I'm going to join one of the threads you mentioned Crow for some motivation.

I'm praying (lots) that this will all click again for me soon. But I am not giving up this time!

I'm off for a walk, hoping to get in an hour!
Natlyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hey DougsGirl. Just wanted to say I am experiencing the same thing. After the first 20 I lost motivation, slowed down, started eating more and all the rest of it. The additional 6.5 lbs I have lost since then have been SLOW with lots of up and down, backwards and forwards on the scale. I have not found the answer but like what has been said here. Just wanted to let you know that I getcha.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote