South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hump Day Happenins on the Beach 5/15

Good morning y'all! I woke up a bit early (imagine that) and have a few minutes to blow until I meet my friend so I thought I'd start up the daily thread.

Busy day planned - work, then making dinner for a neighbor, and dessert for the teachers. I found out the neighbor likes beet salad, so that gave me a good excuse to make my latest obsession .

Anyone with exciting plans?!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! It's nice to see you starting us up. Have a great day, even though you're going to be busy

It's looking to be another busy day for me, too. There's going to be a huge party at the farm to celebrate Cindy turning 50, and I've been running errands and taking care of little things all week. You would think since it's a catered affair there wouldn't be much to do, lol! We have to rent chairs and tables and tents, hire a band, borrow tiki torches, and we're even renting porta-potties. On top of all that, the girls kept me busy running back and forth to school. I had to run Maggie's flute to her, and Audrey missed her bus so I had to go get her and then run back 1/2 hour later to pick up Maggie, and then take Audrey to her violin lesson.
I wonder what today will bring?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nothing too exciting here, Tammy, unless you are into Olympic bake-athons. I did four batches of butterscotch squares yesterday and am tackling lavender cookies today. It's a new recipe so I will HAVE to eat one. Pray for me!

A cool and drizzly day is predicted but the sun is shining right now. I hope to get outside later and finish pruning the vines on the pergola. My herb planters have spent the last three nights indoors but it's time for them to bite the bullet and go back outside. Several people in the Village left their flowering hanging baskets out and lost them to the below freezing temps. The garden gurus always say not to plant out tender plants before the May long weekend but our summer-like temps fazed them.

A friend just messaged me on FB to remind me that the LCBO is going on strike by the weekend. I guess I'd better stock up for the usual influx of visitors this over the weekend. (I wish we could just buy wine in grocery stores as you can in the USA and Quebec.)

Time for another mug of Paul while I make my niggle list for the day.

It's Hump Day so enjoy the climb and rolling down the other side!

Linda, I figured you'd pop in while I was posting. Your day sounds more hectic than usual. Wish Cindy a happy birthday from me. Sure wish I was turning 50 as I'm feeling a tad antique lately.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Your kitchen must have smelled heavenly from all those butterscotch squares, Ruth. Lavender cookies sound delightful, too. You'll have to let us know how they turn out. And, EGAD!, you'd better not forget to stock up if the LCBO is going to strike!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL...I assumed LCBO was something with liquor/wine, and I googled it. Their website is funny- "Engaging our customers in a discovery of the world of beverage alcohol through enthusiastic, courteous and knowledgeable service". Makes me want a drink! (and, you must stock up!) And they say the Lord can do anything...and stopping at just one cookie might be an extreme prayer request, but hopefully you'll do okay

Linda - WOW! That's quite a party!! Did you get your new car? Are you lovin' it?!?!

My friend didn't show up today. She just texted me and said she hit off instead of snooze and finally woke up. Not that I blame her!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I am stepping out of my comfort zone today - seeing an acupuncturist. My two main issues for her are my aching hip and my on-going possible pinched nerve. Neither are horrible but they really are uncomfortable when I sit on an airplane or sit in a restaurant, two things I'll be doing lots of with my summer vacation. So... maybe I can find some relief.

And speaking of vacations... I've been researching Costa Rica, which may be our next trip, with boys, in December. Anyone been?

Have a great day.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning from home sweet home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed ahhhh. I had to laugh at the scale today. I am up since leaving for my trip. Gee you would think all that pedaling would have made the numbers go down. I had Chinese food last night, plus the food choices were not optimal for SB. Not worried in the least though as I know what I need to do.

The journey was absolutely amazing. I cannot even put into words the humility, kindness, encouragement and love I saw first hand. The memorial was very moving. It broke my heart seeing so many grieving for loved ones. I am not sure if I shared this, but we have a surviving son and father on our group from California. The son, Matt, was 2 when he father was killed. The grandpa is 7. They led us through downtown DC to the Memorial where they were treated by Matt's mom, brother and grandma. Such a beautiful family. It was an honor just to be in their presence.

Well today I am up and motivated, but rain may keep me in. The auto glass repairman is coming today. I have a few rock dings that need attention. Otherwise I'll be cleaning the dog hair tumbleweeds and giving my bike some TLC.

Happy day to all
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Back from the airport and headed over the Great Divide. I see a pool in my future .
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Twynn and Cottage sounds like you have very hectic days planned.

Ruth better stock up how long are they planning on being on strike?

Karen you will have to let us know if it works for you

Jennifer sounds like you had a lovely time and I am sure it was wonderful to witness.

Today feeling a bit better everything seems to have moved to sinus and chest we shall see I seem to get worse as the day progresses versus better, but I am keeping hopeful thoughts

DD1 passed her nursing exams this semester so she is moving on to next semester yeah. Haircuts on the agenda for tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all
Old 05-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! Wednesday's always a busy day at work, so I haven't had a chance to pop in until now. Strayed off the path yesterday (one of my downfalls is salt, particularly salt accompanied by chewy pretzel and spicy nacho cheese. Just saying.) and oooooh buddy am I feeling it today! I couldn't button my pants this morning ( ). I righted myself again today, and am drinking a ton of water, but ughhh!

I'm thinking about heading to WalMart tomorrow morning before work to pick up breakfast treats for the office. ONLY stuff I don't like! I might wait until Friday though.

Other than that...nothing new. Still wish 5am came a couple hours later!

Hope everyone had a good hump day and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Last edited by penmage; 05-15-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Closed Thread