Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Question about exercise

Hi all,

Just starting MF today and so far, so good. My question is about exercise. I see on the boards people say when they work out too hard it slows down their weight loss. I'm a huge gym fan, and like to do an hour of speed walking on a steep incline, enough to get my heart racing and the sweat pouring, 2-3 times a week. I've done it for years, and it's my favorite thing to do for 'me' time.

If I go to the gym this week, or any week really, is this going to negatively affect my weight loss on MF? I'm afraid because I love to do this and really don't think I'd be able to NOT go to the gym. Advice?
citygirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

They say if your body is not used to exercise you should not start a routine for 2-3 weeks. If you ARE used to exercise, cut it in half until your body is used to the lower calorie intake (2-3 weeks). The big thing is that you are only eating 800-1000 calories/day, you don't want to burn too many. I read in the TSFL book you shouldn't be doing more then 45 minutes of strenuous exercise a day while in the weight loss phase. Honestly you might not really be able to do what you used to. I played baseball with a bunch of 7 year olds my 3rd or 4th day and I was whipped out for the rest of the day...and it really was not all that strenuous and way less then I'm used to. If I did that now, 4 weeks in I'm sure I'd be fine lol.

Last edited by Andi24; 05-14-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Andi's correct, but just remember everyone is different. The first time I was on MF, I did the same amount of exercise, but at a lower intensity. This time around I haven't been exercising prior to MF and was thinking of starting in a bit (I'm in my second week). We spent the weekend walking around the mall and running errands. By the time we got back to the car I was so exhausted that exercise may have to wait another week!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #4  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Definitely cut back to 1/2 intensity and 1/3-1/2 time for the first 3 weeks. If you feel dizzy or sick at all stop immediately and take a few days off. Your body needs to gradually get used to your metabolism change.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you guys! Not planning on working out until this weekend and I'll be sure to listen to my body and stop if it's too much.
citygirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote