Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #1  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Huuuuge NSV!! Best thing ever! WOOHOO!!

Can you tell what it is yet?

In case you haven't noticed (unlikely if you've ever seen one of my posts, lol!!) I have been looking forward to this NSV since I started losing weight in December. I've asked my doctor 3 times, and they've finally said I'm skinny enough! I got back on the pill!! It's my birthday in a week, and what a present!! I finally feel like I can relax now and get on with a long happy life of not making babies And even better... My doc's told me that after I've done the first month, I can start running packs together, so I'll only have my horrible, debilitating TOM 4-5 times a year, and it won't be putting me in the hospital again any time soon!! Woohoo! Bonus!!

I have to go in for a check up in 3 months to make sure I'm adjusting ok. Today my BMI is 32.6 or so? We want it under 30 as at 31 I'm kind of in a risk group. I hope I can offset any water gain, my doc says I might crave carbs more so I may need to add a bit of control to my IE until I adjust, and get my BMI under 30 (in 14lbs or so, which by normal standards would take me 3 months).

What's more, apparently my BP is 120/70, which apparently is good

I'm very happy. VERY, VERY happy And I hope any other ladies who are having issues with their reproductive choices - whatever they may be, are successful in achieving what they want. Call me a raving feminist here, but there's no feeling quite like being in control of that part of your life!

And what the heck, here I am with my little miracles Just to prove that I finally have lost enough weight to do this!

the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #2  

You are so cute, love the pic with your BCP!

Congratulations, Shiv!!! I know how hard you have been working towards this goal and couldn't wait for you to get there so we could celebrate!!

Your man will be really happy to help you celebrate too!!

I hope you have an awesome day, you deserve it!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

YAY Shiv! I'm so happy for you! I know (through your posts) how much this has been weighing on your mind! All your hard work has paid off! Keep going girl!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #4  
Downloading 10% complete

Elvis, LMAO!! YES. I start TOM on my birthday next Tues (seriously?! Come on!!!) so will start taking them then. So I have to wait a fortnight, but compared to the BC nightmare that was the past few years, that's nothing!! So glad my man likes my personality, lol!!

PreciousMissy, thanks!! I feel like a huge weight's been lifted off my mind I think being so nervous about when I was finally going to get there has been holding me back... This feels like confirmation of my new way of life, if that makes sense?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #5  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Shiv!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know you've been wanting this FOREVER. So very happy for you!!!

thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #6  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Forgot to add.....love the pic!!

thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #7  
Downloading 10% complete

Thnknthin... Thankyou so much!!!

I'll be much less stressed out now, I hope! Provided the hormones still agree with me the same way they have for the past 20 years

And here's this emoticon again because I like it:

Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5"6

YES! Big things do come in small packages!! Couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!! There goes my hope, though, that all us chickies would sinc up :P ahahah
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #9  
Downloading 10% complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
YES! Big things do come in small packages!! Couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!! There goes my hope, though, that all us chickies would sinc up :P ahahah
Haha! Thankyou

So excited I'm drinking pints of milk & cooking mixed beans & sweet potatoes. Got to get a workout in later, get that metabolism up!!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to be on the pill
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Congrats! I remember when I was at my heaviest, my doc wouldn't give it to me either. I was so happy when I could finally not worry constantly with my current bf!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #13  
Downloading 10% complete

Thanks Sandi! 3FC has been absolutely invaluable in getting me where I want to be, so many wonderful people on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesgirl80 View Post
Congrats! I remember when I was at my heaviest, my doc wouldn't give it to me either. I was so happy when I could finally not worry constantly with my current bf!
Cheers! It was a shock when he told me that... I'd been on repeat prescription from the age of 13 (to regulate TOM), came off at around 28/29 in favour of a 2yr nightmare with the depo shot, and before I knew it I was over 30 and obese. I just took it for granted my whole life, having contraception available, it never occurred to me that I was in a completely different bracket. Glad my current doctor won't put me at risk though, my last one would have!

I hope you had a good experience with it too, and got settled into the hormones ok without any weight gain! I'll be watching my carbs and my exercise for a few months
Old 05-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #14  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

That's wonderful news, shiv! I'm so pleased for you!

BTW, I had no idea you were so beautiful--or blonde. I pictured you as a brunette :-).
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #15  
Downloading 10% complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
That's wonderful news, shiv! I'm so pleased for you!

BTW, I had no idea you were so beautiful--or blonde. I pictured you as a brunette :-).
Goodness, all I see there is flaws!! I'd be better looking if I used my DSLR instead of my phone... Anyway, Thankyou very much for the compliment!!

I actually WAS brunette until last week Maybe you saw my progress pics from a while back. I spent a few years growing my hair long so I could do my foils again, best 6hrs of my life I've invested recently, lol!! Pill? Check. Blonde hair? Check. Small? Not yet, lol, but I'm starting to feel like myself again It's been a tough few years. Nice to start seeing an end to them

I hope I'll be seeing you soon in the 180s thread Beth! Are you still doing IE or Beck? I still want to check out the Beck book