Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #1  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Beef Summer Sausage

Okay,

I bought a small stick of beef summer sausage. It lists 0 carbs on the label, though it could just be <1/serving in actuality.

The ingredients do list a very small amount of sugar in the curing - but I can't avoid that 100% of the time... and it doesn't seem to be enough to affect the carb count - and it certainly isn't teaching me to crave sweets.

Anyhow, I want more of this.

What do you all think about eating more of the summer sausage and less of other things that might be higher in carbs?'

Just curious....

Lisa
Old 10-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #2  

I dont know about summer sausage but i eat alot of pepperoni sticks...buy them in the meat case at the grocery...it says o carbs and 0 sugars...but it is a processed meat so I wonder if i should be eating alot of it..any feedback about this?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #3  
Head Princess

I eat both summer sausauge and pepperoni occasionally but avoid eating processed meat. I don't know that there's anything specifically against it, I just think it's best to avoid eating processed foods in general.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #4  
Away we go!!!!!! (pounds)

I eat hot dogs!!!!! And love them drenched with mustard!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 01:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I have had the summer sausage and cheese it makes a great snack or meal. I haven't noticed any problems. I haven't eaten it frequently only once or twice a week.

Dinki
Old 10-22-2003, 10:00 AM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I do eat some processed deli meats, and my only concern actually is the amount of sodium in them. While the carbs may be low on some of them, they usually have lots of sodium so next day I may be up a bit due to water retention. Of course the trick is to continue drinking the water and not freak out....this too shall pass once it's out of your system.

Froufy
Old 10-22-2003, 11:15 AM   #7  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Ahhh.... as Froufy says, so it shall be. Ankles swelled for the first time since starting Atkins. Will drink more water today.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Thanks alot, guys! I had to go buy a pepperoni stick after work thanks to this thread. I expend so much energy controlling the carbs that I eat, I have no willpower left over for anything else!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:15 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Ya...well what about the "Attack of the Macadamia Nuts"? Was in the car last night on way home....a bit hungry...still had errands to run and kiddies to pick up. Called dh and asked if he needed anything at grocery store - asks me to get more MACADAMIA NUTS. So what happened to the last can I bought? Only 48 hours ago? Seems like he likes them and has been nibbling on them at work.....300 grams (or about 10 ounces gone in two days)

So I buy a couple of cans (and they are NOT CHEAP)..and I'm kinda hungry...and well the can kinda opened itself and those evil little macadamia nuts went flying into my mouth....one after another they kept hopping in there...washed down with water from my handy water bottle.

I stopped counting after about 15 or so...figured maybe 2-3 ounces gone before I was able to wrestle the lid back on and contain those little monsters.

It's all my hubby's fault of course! Left both cans near his lunch bag - hoping they will disappear soon!

Froufy
Old 10-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #10  
Each Bite of Sugar...

LOL!!! I suffered from an attack like that in week 3. I usually HATE Wal-Mart, but get my pictures developed there when I can't make it to Costco... and wandered around there waiting for the pictures. I found the BIG cans of Macadamia nuts for less than $5 (US)!! Needless to Say, I bought more than one can at the time - but then, of course, had to eat them...

LOL - They too shall pass...
Closed Thread