Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 04:54 PM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Manual treadmills?

Hi. I saw a manual treadmill recently on the QVC channel that looked convenient to use. It was a folding one that showed calories burned, as well as other things. My huge, motorized (noisy) treadmill broke and I miss walking. That's the only thing I miss about it.

Do any of you recommend someone buying a non-motorized, folding treadmill? Have you used one before?

Thanks!
Heidi
Old 10-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I have no oppinin on whether you should or shouldn't, i would suggest you go someplace like Sears or other fitness store and try one? See if it meets your needs.
-L
Old 10-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I bought a manual treadmill a few years ago because I couldn’t afford a motorized one. If I had to do it all over again, i would not have wasted the money. I poop out to easy on it. I can’t ever do for more than 5-10 minutes on it. Mine is always at an incline and hard as heck to get moving. It’s like always walking uphill. Some people might think that’s a good thing. I personally would rather go outside and walk than use my manual treadmill. I must say though it has made a nice coat hanger.

Mia
Old 10-24-2003, 01:39 PM   #4  

Going outside is always better, but when you cannot, it is good to have a treadmill. I think if you are comfortable on a manual one, get it. It is better exercise, and you can burn more calories that way. Helps to maintain a healthier lifestyle if you do not miss workouts b/c of weather. Just make sure you stay hydrated, b/c you can sweat a good amount indoors. Plain water as well as other diet drinks.
Closed Thread