Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend Edition May 11-12, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein pDr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-11-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #2  

Happy Weekend all!

last nite I went to a tailgate prior to the Cardinals game. I made sure the meat was okay for me (they had burgers, not just dogs and brats). I brought celery and some WF thousand island. MANY people asked me where I got the veggies. Maybe next year I need to be on the tailgate shopping committee. People really DO want healthy food.

While we were at the game, someone behind me was unwrapping something & that was when I realized I left my bar in the car (rattling wrappers trigger memories!). I didn't use this as an excuse to cheat. I lived thru it and ate the bar when we got back to the car

I had taken a liter of seltzer water with some pomtini drops for the tailgate. Some people drank A LOT, which I don't do often anyway. It is definitely more noticeable when you're stone-cold-sober!

Lots of nice compliments from some folks I hadn't seen in a while. Some days that is what keeps me going. I'm realizing with the health set-backs I've had, I'll be at least 3 more months on P1. I'm thinking I may move to P2 no matter what by my 1-year IP anniversary, even if it is an extended P2. There are health reasons for that decision as well. My coach and I will begin discussing that on Monday.

Have a great weekend, all! I have some housecleaning to do, which will be slowed by the fracture in my right (dominant) arm. DH to the rescue!

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-11-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I agree about the "tailgate shopping" committee- people really DO want healthy food! I think whenever I go to a potluck from now on, I will bring a tray of cut veggies.

I sat through a 3.5 hour college graduation yesterday, and while people around me were eating stale Skittles and gross nachos from the snack bar, I had some cut up celery and peppers and my handy bag of IP southwest cheese curls. 'Twas yummy.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, IPeeps. I also agree with the tailgate committee idea. I brought my own salad blend to the last function I attended (there were burgers - so, burger salad). Several people asked where I found the salad, and I felt a little guilty for only bringing a small container.
We have a team-building day in June. There's a luau theme. I was hoping to be on P3 by then, because all I really want at the party is a little fruit salad. Either way, I'm trying to think of something simple to bring that's OP that I can share. I've thought about making coconut "rice" (maybe skewers, too) and bringing a veggie tray. It all depends on what everyone else is doing. Does anyone have fun, portable ideas for OP luau treats?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #5  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Lisa! Welcome back! So sorry about your arm...ouch...I'm going to do some cooking today, try some of the recipes using the potato purree and plain omelet. Any favs?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Lisa, great job staying OP. I also agree with bringing some healthy options.

We are having mothers day brunch at my inlaws tomorrow, with everyone
bringing food, I volunteered for making the the scrambled eggs and a Tossed salad.
At least I know I will be able to eat them and stay OP.

There will be plenty of carbfest breakfast items I'm sure! Pays to have
a gameplan!!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

D
Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #7  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Agree with healthy foods.Romaine lettuce leaves have the best crunch. I eat them whole now and carry in a gallon ziploc. It is my big treat among my jicama and cucumbers. And, I find myself "mmmmming" because it takes so good.

Tonight having a BBQ with old friends, none of which have seen me recently since losing weight. However, these are old friends (20+ years) who have seen me before I gained weight. My DH is making racks of ribs to feed the crowd. I am going to sneak a hamburger on the grill and eat my MMMM good romaine lettuce.

Also, told my kids (3) that Mother's Day for me is a family picture. I am not going to celebrate around food, just make the picture the event. I am really excited to get some nice pictures with my kids and myself and not be embarrassed.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone . Traditionally for Mothers Day, my DH and I take my Mother out for a nice dinner somewhere special. This year, I have switched it up and I have invited her for a Surf and Turf dinner at our house. Lobster is her favorite and it works well for me at the same time . Have a great OP weekend everyone!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I'm going to do some cooking today, try some of the recipes using the potato purree and plain omelet. Any favs?
Potato Puree = Bread

Plain Omelet = Zucchini French Toast
Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Head's up everybody!

My coach just texted me...they are discontinuing the White Chocolate Cinnamon and Double Chocolate bars.

Once inventory is depleted, they're gone so stock up if they're your favorites!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

There is so much helpful information and encouragement on this forum that I could spend hours reading them. I just found the thread with the IP coaching videos. Every time I find more information, but can't sit and watch today. My DD's baby shower is next Saturday and I have lots to do. Can't wait to meet my FIRST grandchild (a girl) in July and I want to be a healthy, thinner, stronger Grandma when I do!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hello everyone happy to announce that today was my first WI and I loose 7 pound super happy...that will keep me op all this week.

The 3-4 first day I wight every day but the I decide just to WI Tuesday (because I star since January 1st to WI every Tuesday and I want to keep that one) and Saturday was when I star IP.

Thank you for all the support I have found here.

Love Jessica.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfonseca3017 View Post
Hello everyone happy to announce that today was my first WI and I lost 7 pounds. Super happy...that will keep me op all this week.

Yeah Jessica!
We have all worried the first week and then found out there was nothing to worry about. We learn to relax and let the plan work
Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfonseca3017 View Post
Hello everyone happy to announce that today was my first WI and I loose 7 pound super happy...that will keep me op all this week.

The 3-4 first day I wight every day but the I decide just to WI Tuesday (because I star since January 1st to WI every Tuesday and I want to keep that one) and Saturday was when I star IP.

Love Jessica.
Great first WI.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

When I started IP I was just starting to plan a Fiesta event. I was in charge of the caterer. I have been dreading the event because I know how great the food is from this particular cater... My Coach told me if I stayed 100% I could have the quac as long as it had no dairy in it. So I had my eye on the prize so to speak Today I steped on the scale and I am 1lb away from losing 40lbs. I think after all of this work I am not going to waste it by having any quac!!! I will wait!! I will thoroughly enjoy the carne asada and pollo asada though

I am so excited to wear a dress that was skin tight when I started this journey and fits really nicely today
Closed Thread