South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekending on The Beach, SBD Daily 5/11

It's the Weekend!

It looks like it's going to be a mild, but showery day here, and I hope it doesn't put a damper on the Dad Vale Regatta that's happening on the Schuylkill in the city. Jake and I will be driving by there on our way to my DD's this morning, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the dragon boats with their colorful flags. We're coming back after lunch, and I hope to have time to get to the nursery to pick up some veggie seedlings and annuals so I can spend tomorrow gardening.

What's happening in your neck of the woods this weekend?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning cottage! That would be a sight to see, I hope the weather clears for you.

DH is away, and the kids....are already up?!?! Where's my quiet time?!? LOL...they're being quiet, I'm just stunned they're awake. A friend invited us over for breakfast (I'll eat here first, they're having waffles), then if it's clear we'll go garage saling. If not, back home for some straightening up.

What's all the moms have planned for tomorrow? I know he's gonna ask, and I have no idea what to do!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. Sounds like you have a nice family day planned - and you can show off your new [color]RED[/color] to your DD and Carley. Mild and wet here but no Dragon Boat races on the schedule - just a trip to the nursing home with wee Jazz.

Lovely evening last night at the Thai Dinner. The Cove Hotel over in Westport has a new chef who is a wow. They have been having elegant dinners and 11 of us went there last night for 7:30. It was absolutely delicious! It was not cheap and I was surprised to see the place packed. Ethnic food has arrived in the wilderness if SE Ontario! The chef did an Italian dinner in the winter which was $90 but included wine pairings and I'm sorry I missed it. Home by 11 which was nice, especially since I didn't need to drive.

After Pet Therapy this morning, I am working at the newly renovated Town Hall for our first rental event. It's a group from The Frontenac Arch Biosphere will be visiting to discuss a summer and fall program that involves the Mill. This is going to be one heck of a busy summer! I must arrange to take the month of August for "me" time.

The weather is driving me nuts! They keep predicting rain which we really need but get no more than a sprinkle. I feel silly setting up the hoses when it's drizzling but the ground is very dry. This does not bode well for the crops. Last year farmers ran out of hay and the western provinces shipped it to this area. It may have to happen again. (We sent them trainloads of hay a few years ago.)

Time to tackle my messy kitchen and get on with the day. Hope your weekend is nicely balanced with fun and other necessities.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies. Sitting here with mug in hand wondering how to celebrate the weekend. Overcast and gray today, but we do need rain. There was another brush fire nearby last night, but luckily it was successfully put out. DS1 is playing in a golf tournament today and for his sake I hope the thunderstorms hold off.

Went out with DH last night for an early Mother's Day dinner; the stuffed flounder was delicious but I hate the way the extra salt (and hidden sugar) makes your weight spike the next day. I will stay on plan today, drink lots of water and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Off to saute a few veggies for my eggs. May all the chicks enjoy their Saturday!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

This evening we go to BIL's house to celebrate Mother's Day with MIL. I'm going to be lazy this weekend. Will finish the book I started on my Kindle while traveling. Don't have to work even though I volunteered for tomorrow. Glad to rest my foot. Looking forward to catching up on some TV season finales that aired while I was gone.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning all! Just got back from breakfast with my dad. He and mom got in last night from their trip, just in time for Mother's Day! Heading out later to get Mom a card and a gift card for Lowe's. Most women I know want bath products or candles or girly stuff. My mother? A new shovel and garden...something tool.

Rough week at work this week, so I'm beyond ready for a relaxing weekend! It's nice and cool outside now (it POURED yesterday) and the birds are chirping, some insect is making it's little noise, and the geese are...warbling? Making painful death screeches?

Karen- I hope your foot feels better soon! Enjoy your lazy day.
Cottage- that sounds interesting! Dragon boats? Is it some sort of festival?

Happy early Mother's Day to all mothers here! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the new house we are drinking coffee out of soup mugs. Guess we need to do more moving. Not a great night's sleep getting the animals settled in. It may be a nap day. Using my cell so don't want to stay online too long, just long enough to say good morning.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and greetings from Wilmington DE. The ride was canceled for today due to severe weather predicted . Better to be safe. We will get bussed to Annapolis and then have the day to kill. Tomorrow all chapters ride together for the last 60 miles into DC. So instead of 300 miles over 4 days we are riding 200 over 3. Oh well
Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in today which is a good thing but somehow always leaves me a bit groggy. Today I am just going to clean the house it really needs a good cleaning.

Tomorrow I have no idea what to do, DH asked if I wanted to got to Six Flags but I don't really feel that I idea, I am thinking church, lunch and just a lazy afternoon that would be wonderful

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! to all the mom's out there.

We're going to have sunshine today for my "Me! day", and I hope to drive out to one of my favorite garden nurseries today for some bedding plants, then spend the rest of my day contentedly playing in the dirt.

Is anyone up yet? Come and have a coffee before the day gets away from you.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm up and sipping my first mug. Sounds like you have a good "Me Day" ahead. Enjoy!

I'd love to play in the dirt but it's have to be mud today. We are cold and rainy and I see a snowflake in tomorrow's forecast and an overnight low of 28º. May is being mean! No fair! It's supposed to improve during the week but I'm still annoyed.

Lovely pot-luck at Christina's last night. So nice to have such a relaxed and fun group of friends. I took along the easiest cole slaw ever which was a big hit. I used pre-shredded cabbage, tiddled it up with other veggies and used that boiled sugar/oil/vinegar marinade - a great make-ahead. I'll try it with Splenda next time.

Not sure of today's agenda but know there will be some desk clean-up and prep for a busy week. I don't need to plan dinner again today as Girl's Dinner will be done by the kids tonight. Karen's son Ben is planning to BBQ - we'll see how that works out with the weather forecast. We'll have fun anyhow.

A big and busy week ahead with prep for the coming long weekend when the Mill opens for the season. I'm no quite sure how I'll fit everything in but sure will give it a try. "I'd rather burn out than rust out." At least the cold weather will give me a break from garden stuff. (Must remember to cover my herb planters tonight or bring them inside.)

Time for another coffee and some breakfast. Enjoy your day!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm up and waiting for the coffee to finish. My first cup is a little slow this morning.

Not sure what's on the agenda today other than meal planning and groceries. My mother's day will be quiet: DS2 is working in Boston for the summer and while DS1 might stop by he is busy preparing for final exams at college this week so his visit will be quick. But a quiet day of reading is fine with me.

Ruth, I saw the same forecast about the possibility of mixing with the rain tomorrow but I'm hoping they are as wrong as always. And spring seems to return mid-week.

May all the moms have a great day with just the right amount of busyness and relaxation!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yes Ruth - we're getting a record low of 34 tonight - so I might be covering up my veggie plants. Thank goodness DH bought some "flannel" sheets for DD that turned out to be absolute garbage, and they'd look lovely in my garden .

We have the womens club book sale (HUGE) this weekend, but I might try to find a new place to go on a walk today and do the books tomorrow. But until then, I'm waiting for the coffee to brew so I can get a cup in me!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Mother's Day!! My first as a mom with no kids here. I'm sure I'll hear from DS1. DS2 called yesterday but said he was going to call again today.

We have a graduation party to go to but I'm looking for an excuse to skip out; it is for a neighbor girl who I really don't know and hardly know her mom and they are combining it with two other girls who we don't know at all. We do have a gift wrapped and ready.

Also on the agenda is picking up my mom from the airport. DH plans to do it since originally we thought I'd be working but I feel guilty not going myself since she is my mom and it is Mother's Day, after all.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Mother's Day!

It is in the brisk 40's this morning but should be warming up to 60 this afternoon it is sunny.

I think we are going to go to the lake today and just relax and some will fish and I will read a book

Have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread