Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #1  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Help please? :)

Hey

I thought about posting this in the support forum, but since this is where I seem to hang out regularly, I'm posting in here.

Just looking for some moral support

Had a difficult few weeks of very little money. I'm doing (and loving!) intuitive eating, but the eat what you want when you're hungry paradigm is difficult to follow when all you have are tins of beans and a loaf and half a bag of frozen chips (fries)! The super-rough financial few weeks are over, I'm feeling good about knocking out some bills, and I'm trying to get my head back in the game, as I've felt quite disconnected from this place... Because my priorities were elsewhere for a bit.

Getting back to IE I'm enjoying. I gained 5lbs and I'm not worried, I can knock that right off. But I AM stressing out about my doc's appointment on Tuesday, as I've been trying to get back on the pill for 6 months (I went off it in favour of a 2 year nightmare with Depo, came back for a new pill prescription only to find I was suddenly over 30 and obese... - long story short!). I've worked hard to permanently change my lifestyle, partly in my desperation to not have a baby, partly to regulate my awful TOM, partly because I got to over 200lbs and didn't like where it was going, and because I've had a rough few years and want to feel good about life again.

I know my weight loss has been slow, but it's been pretty consistent, and sustainable But I want to keep going! And I will, but I just wanted to blow off a bit of steam, and ask for a bit of support to re-engage myself in the community again, because I've been MIA for a few weeks, and I don't want to drift away from you guys with my graph heading upwards again!

Thanks for letting me rant a bit, I just want to get my head back in the game and reconnect with people here
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #2  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there Shiv! I know you can do it.....you've been doing it! Stay strong girl and know we are here to support you however we can.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

I'm glad your rough week is over and you're back to posting! I love the positivity and can do attitude that is exuding from your post!!!

Now that you're able to get back to your regular eating habits the 5lb might just drop right off.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #4  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

I know life can bring its obstacles, I understand financial grief too.. it sucks because the fast food corporations make it affordable to eat there food like mcdonalds 1 burgers like come on .. but buying fresh veggies and produce way out there expensive.. that's my 2 cents but hang in there and give it a go you haven't fell off your motivations are still there and you can do it .. I am new here but I can tell yah dig real deep and find it and go for it girl you can do it!!
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #5  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Good luck! I hope things work out well in the weeks to come!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #6  

I'm posting from my phone and its a pain to type long messages so just for now. I'll be back to edit this afternoon.

I'm so happy you are back and we are here for you, sweety.

Last edited by elvislover324; 05-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Shiv! I was wondering about you today! Noticed I hasn't "seen" you over on MFP in a while. Being broke SUCKS, and can really throw a wrench in trying to eat healthfully (Bean chip sandwich anyone?). For me, financial stress and insufficient funds for grocery shopping is a real challenge. It seems like you've maintained a positive outlook, I commend you!
Hope your visit to the doc yields a positive outcome. Stay strong!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Glad your back, hope it goes well at the doctor.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #9  

Height: 5"6

Hey Shiv, thanks for reaching out today! First of all, props on the sustainable weight! You are working so hard for that! In regards to the budget, I hear you. It's absolutely awful. When I lived in the city during university, my saving grace was little fruit/veggie supermarkets. Everything was almost half the price. Is there anything like that around you? Still, I know when times are tight no "coupons" really make enough of a difference. Maybe if you need to surf the pantry for a while, just watch your calories? You can still lose weight on chips

Glad to hear you have an amazing attitude, as usual, about things! Keep us posted
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #10  

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday, as you know I had a rough day. And for all I wanted to write to you I can't do that from my phone. But you were on my mind as I felt so bad you were struggling. You have reached out to me in my tough times and I will never forget that.

I hope you can get your head back in the game, you are such a strong person. But it's hard and I get that. So much of our mission is mental and takes over our whole brain. Sending you positive vibes!!

Try to keep calm til Tuesday (easier said than done, trust me I know that it's hard, I feel like all I do is wait, wait, wait) and know you are on the right track to getting healthy.

I hope you post more often (I'm being selfish, I miss you!) as you are a wealth of information and support here at 3FC and we want to help you as much as you have helped us, even if it's just chit-chatting.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #12  
Downloading 10% complete

Thankyou You are all superstars!

I haven't disappeared again, I can't use 3G outside as I'm out of data allowance so had to find some wifi

I've had a good think about what you've all said and feel ready to get back into this again. Taking a few new approaches... I've designated this week as the week I have to be happy, the just do it approach. I try to keep it positive on here, but I can get quite negative IRL and this is a follow up to the CBT I started. Not for everyone, but I've noticed unhappiness has become a bit of a habit for me, so I'm trying to break that a bit. And in my quest for badassery, I'm going to track my protein. On IE, I've been gravitating towards protein and away from carbs, so I'm going to work off the addition principle rather than the subtraction one. Knocking back a pint of milk right now, and I have some chicken in the oven I'm hoping that by combining this with lifting as much heavy stuff as I can get my hands on, I can keep my hunger down and my metabolism up

It's all a gradual process of finding what works for us individually, and tweaking things as we go along, isn't it? I've met so many awesome people on here, and watching you all figure it out as you go along has made me believe I can do the same

Thankyou all again
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #13  

And is "badassery" a real word??
You are too cute, shiv!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #14  
Downloading 10% complete

It is! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

You exhibit particular badassery yourself, so you know what I'm talking about

And there are also such things as Jedi Foods. Things you wouldn't expect to cause weight loss, that do. Example: chicken wings. Yay for high-protein IE!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
You exhibit particular badassery yourself, so you know what I'm talking about
I have no idea what you are talking about!!