Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #1  
I'm With You, Baby!

S/C/G: 342/330/200

Height: 5'6

Arrow I'm Ready & Willing! (^_^) Hello Everyone!

Hello there! I am 27 years of age and reside in California. I am determined to defeat this demon of depression which is directly linked to the weight that I have acquired... Being an emotional eater, and all. I have, thus far, lost 12 pounds. It's diminutive, but every little bit helps, in my opinion. I am on a journey to lose another 130 pounds which should land me around 200. Once I have reached 200, then I will carry on until I am satisfied completely. It's hard, though. My uncle passed away last week , and I have been going through some emotional changes. However, I didn't allow my emotions to push me in a direction that I'd regret. To make a long story short, I am just grateful that I found this site and hope that with the anticipated encouragement from my fellow members, I will reach my goal weight. Be Blessed everyone and have an absolutely glorious day! *Smooches*
MsQTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I lived in Los Angeles from 2006 - 2010 and loved it except the cost of living and how much weight I gained living there!

Good job on staying strong and working through the hard obstacles life hands us. I am sorry for your loss and you will find lots of support here!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #3  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss so far.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #4  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Every little bit counts towards the end. Remember to celebrate all of your achievements, big or small, because they'll all add up to the big one

Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #5  
A determined quirky chick

S/C/G: 265/227/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Ms! Sorry to hear about your uncle passing away. I know it's hard to lose people you love. I have the tendency of comfort eating now and then. Over the past year and a half I have lost a few people, and I know it can be tough. I notice that when I'm more affected by my chronic depression, I tend to lose my appetite and all that sounds good are comfort foods like sweets. You can overcome it, though. You always have us for support. I have found this place of great comfort the past couple of months. I hope you stick around and give this group a chance. This is a very supportive group of people. Looking forward to seeing you around, hun.
Quirky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #7  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Height: 5'7

thanks so much
PrettiiPisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #8  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesgirl80 View Post
Welcome! I lived in Los Angeles from 2006 - 2010 and loved it except the cost of living and how much weight I gained living there!

Good job on staying strong and working through the hard obstacles life hands us. I am sorry for your loss and you will find lots of support here!
That is sooooo true! I can buy a "hamburger" for $1, but a salad will cost me $6! Then again, I guess it's easier (and more profitable) to kill off people than helping them live longer, healthier lives. Sorry if that sounded grim, but it's the conclusion that I've come up with. Very disheartening. Thank you for responding to my post, I really appreciate it. Have a Blessed day!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #9  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
Welcome and congrats on the weight loss so far.
Thank you so much for the welcome and your response. I appreciate it. Have a Blessed day!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #10  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiko View Post

Every little bit counts towards the end. Remember to celebrate all of your achievements, big or small, because they'll all add up to the big one

Thank you for your response. That's what I do, I celebrate what I've accomplished thus far. Just losing 5 pounds helped with walking up and down the stairs. I am pushing forward! Truthfully, I have my days when I need extra motivation, which is why I'm glad for coming across this forum. Have a Blessed day!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #11  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Chick View Post
Welcome, Ms! Sorry to hear about your uncle passing away. I know it's hard to lose people you love. I have the tendency of comfort eating now and then. Over the past year and a half I have lost a few people, and I know it can be tough. I notice that when I'm more affected by my chronic depression, I tend to lose my appetite and all that sounds good are comfort foods like sweets. You can overcome it, though. You always have us for support. I have found this place of great comfort the past couple of months. I hope you stick around and give this group a chance. This is a very supportive group of people. Looking forward to seeing you around, hun.
Thank you for welcoming me. It is hard, but I am managing to push through it with positivity. That's the route we are all on and one day we will reach our stop, but until then, we must live the best lives we possibly can. I am the same way with my chronic depression. It's frustrating though when you try to explain it to someone who has never dealt with it, you know? I always get "Just get over it" or "You need to find the root of the problem and solve it" but it's always a lot easier said than done. What they don't understand is that this isn't a "fresh" emotional/mental disorder, it's been lingering for years and years for me. Therefore, "getting over it" isn't such an easy task when it's deeply rooted. Nonetheless, everyday is a new opportunity to do what I didn't do yesterday. I will definitely stick around, just from the few response I have gotten, I can tell that this will make a great home. Thank you for your response, I truly appreciate it. Have a Blessed day sweetie!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #12  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettiiPisces View Post
thanks so much
Hello there, how are you? Hope you're doing great. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Have a Blessed day hun!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome !
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #14  
I'm With You, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbits2u View Post
Welcome !
Thank you for welcoming me! Have a Blessed day!