Old 05-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Weight loss super slow, need advice.

I have lost a ½ pound in almost 3 weeks.
Here is my food and liquid intake:

Bfast: - Omelet or bar,premier protein drink /with coffee. I use about a 1/8 of a cup. Sometimes I use that protein drink throughout the day, sometimes in my tea.

Lunch : IP & Protidiet soups with 2 cups of veggies. I measure all the time (2 eggs – coach told me to add) oh and a lot of lettuce and cucumber.. Through the day!

Snack : Puddings and if I don’t use a restricted at bfast I will have some type of restricted at snack.

Dinner : Fish or poultry with veggies and, WF dressing ( not all the time)
Water
Tea – plain and sometimes with sweeteners.

And calcium and required vitamins

I left my coach about a week ago, it got too expensive and have started alternatives in the last 2 weeks, but I have been reading all the posts on alternatives and have done the comparison… what do you think? Maybe the Pure Protein is too much? How much coffee can one have.. sometimes I have 2 cups.. and use the Pure Protein .. or am I on a plateau?

Last edited by Skinnyjeangirl; 05-10-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I'm thinking that if you are using protein drink or powder in your coffee that it needs to count toward your unrestricteds. It's not the same as the free 1 TB of skim milk allowed.

Also, the 2 eggs at lunch . . . I believe 2 egg whites per day are allowed, but if you are using 2 whole eggs, they need to be counted toward your 8oz/day.

Cucumbers are not free like lettuce. They need to be counted toward your 4c./day.

Hope this helps.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #3  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I never bother with the Pure Protein bars (assuming that's what you mean) because they all seem too high in carbs to me. I've been alternative 100% and never had a coach.

Others might say this, anything with sugar alcohol can be potential for wreaking havoc on loss potential. I know this myself first hand. I use to scarf low "net carb" SF chocolate and since I cut that down severely it's helped, although this week will probably be a bust for me since I'm 5 days in and 1.5 lbs OVER what my ending weight was for last week. Very frustrating.

Quote:
Cucumbers are not free like lettuce. They need to be counted toward your 4c./day.
Cucumbers are no longer free? Interesting.

Last edited by ferrousgal; 05-10-2013 at 09:31 AM.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm thinking that if you are using protein drink or powder in your coffee that it needs to count toward your unrestricteds. It's not the same as the free 1 TB of skim milk allowed.

Also, the 2 eggs at lunch . . . I believe 2 egg whites per day are allowed, but if you are using 2 whole eggs, they need to be counted toward your 8oz/day.

Hope this helps.
Thanks... I will count that Pure Protien drink as restricted... I guess the IP Vanilla drink was less calories and I may have to look for something with less calories. I was told cucumbers and lettuce was a free thing.. by my coach..ug... I guess we all get different instructions, I will have to replan now that I am using alternatives.. anyone else? what do you think?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
I never bother with the Pure Protein bars (assuming that's what you mean) because they all seem too high in carbs to me. I've been alternative 100% and never had a coach.

Others might say this, anything with sugar alcohol can be potential for wreaking havoc on loss potential. I know this myself first hand. I use to scarf low "net carb" SF chocolate and since I cut that down severely it's helped, although this week will probably be a bust for me since I'm 5 days in and 1.5 lbs OVER what my ending weight was for last week. Very frustrating.

thanks and yeah , I thought cucumbers was a freebee! I will re-think that one.. I am using the (sorry for the wrong information) Premier Protien drink in my coffee.. (liquid) and a IP breakfast meals/ alternative as well (until I run out of IP) ... I think the Premier drink may be the culprit it has 160 calories , total fat is 3 carbs are 4 fiber is 2 and sugar is 1.. protein is 30
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #6  

I think I just figured out my problem.. Premier protein is 160 calories and the IP protein is 100 calories.. I have those drinks with my coffee every day.. I usually can make a container last 2 days.. however the IP rtd is 8oz and the Premier is 11 oz... It may take me a while but I will figure it out..lol have a great day people!

Calories 100 Sodium 240 mg
Total Fat 4 g Potassium 370 mg
Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 4 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 15 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 25% Iron
Old 05-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, the things that stand out to me are the two eggs (big time), the extra protein in your drinks and maybe the cukes, depending on how many you're eating. AND, you are close to goal. Your body isn't going to lose as fast. So you have a combo of things at play.

If you were to start with cutting out the whole eggs and have whites instead, you may see results. Next would be the protein in your drinks. Learning to drink black coffee was challenging, but now it's a snap. Actually, I'm a bit put off by all that half and half I used to drink, whoa.

If you were to adjust a bit, I'll bet you'll see positive results. You'r almost there! Keep the pace!
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #8  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Im new to IP only been on it for almost 3 weeks. I have lost 11lbs and 6 1/4"
I asked some of the other ladies about my intake and they have agreed that to be in weight loss you need to be right around these numbers:

Under 1000 calories a day (usually between 650-900)
40g net carbs a day (MAX)
80-100g protein

I think anything over this will slow you do a lot. Maybe keep a daily tally of what you are consuming and compare it to when you were loosing weight faster. Also take into consideration that the last 10 lbs are the hardest and longest to come off. Good Luck!
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Yeah, the things that stand out to me are the two eggs (big time), the extra protein in your drinks and maybe the cukes, depending on how many you're eating. AND, you are close to goal. Your body isn't going to lose as fast. So you have a combo of things at play.

If you were to start with cutting out the whole eggs and have whites instead, you may see results. Next would be the protein in your drinks. Learning to drink black coffee was challenging, but now it's a snap. Actually, I'm a bit put off by all that half and half I used to drink, whoa.

If you were to adjust a bit, I'll bet you'll see positive results. You'r almost there! Keep the pace!
Thank you 2Poles1Girl.. love the name.. I am going to cut out the egg yokes and get ride of the RTD and do the milk and sweetner.. (required stuff) cant do the black coffee..lol I know I am almost there.. this has been the best thing I have done for myself! Have a great day !
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #10  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I think I just figured out my problem.. Premier protein is 160 calories and the IP protein is 100 calories.
Your "problem" is that you have yet to learn the differnce between fat loss and weight loss. I don't blame you - the IP diet is challenged in this area.

Fat loss is an equation of energy. Energy is measured in calories. It is rarely linear and impossible to measure outside of a lab with expensive equipment.

Weight loss is not the same thing as fat loss and can be a complicated matter but simply has to do with water flux. It is easy to measure but isolating individual variables is practically impossible. Water can be retained for a long time.

Read about wooshes
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Your "problem" is that you have yet to learn the differnce between fat loss and weight loss. I don't blame you - the IP diet is challenged in this area.

Fat loss is an equation of energy. Energy is measured in calories. It is rarely linear and impossible to measure outside of a lab with expensive equipment.

Weight loss is not the same thing as fat loss and can be a complicated matter but simply has to do with water flux. It is easy to measure but isolating individual variables is practically impossible. Water can be retained for a long time.

Read about wooshes
totally agree, I need to read more and understand what is happening. thanks !
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #12  
Started IP on 10/2/2012

S/C/G: 166.2/108/105

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
Thank you 2Poles1Girl.. love the name.. I am going to cut out the egg yokes and get ride of the RTD and do the milk and sweetner.. (required stuff) cant do the black coffee..lol I know I am almost there.. this has been the best thing I have done for myself! Have a great day !
I've used EAS Carb Control AdvantEDGE RTD instead of the IP drinks and have had much success with them.

They are 110 calories each but cost about $1 each.

I've gotten used to drinking my coffee black and actually prefer it this way now.

Last edited by ALM2000; 05-10-2013 at 12:03 PM.
ALM2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALM2000 View Post
I've used EAS Carb Control AdvantEDGE RTD instead of the IP drinks and have had much success with them.

They are 110 calories each but cost about $1 each.

I've gotten used to drinking my coffee black and actually prefer it this way now.
thanks! I will look into those EAS.. I use to drink those years ago!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
I've been on IP since Aug 2012 and cukes have always been on the select veggie list (part of the measured 4 c/day) rather than on the unlimited list.
Other items some coaches have as "freebies" that are on the select veggie list: celery, raw spinach.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

I have found that my body (at my sedentary computer lifestyle) maintains around 1600 cal/day. My weight can be up by 6-7 lbs depending on cycle, how much I sleep or whether I am under stress. To lose weight I have to create a large calorie deficit to see it translate on the scale, otherwise it is very subtle and very slow. IP is no magic, it allows you to go down in calories a lot, but as your weight goes down, you simply use less calories and it gets harder. I just decided to take it slower and use exercise to get my body where I want it to be in the end. There is still fat loss going on, even though it does not lead to a big weight loss.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote