Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Breaking plateau?

It seems I'm stuck between 160-164 I lost my weight gradually and got down to 156 before getting pregnant. I sadly lost the baby at 12 weeks and I gained 10 pounds which Im having a hard time with. It seems like no matter What I do I'm always in between 155-165 How can I break my plateau? I'll admit I eat over my calorie limit when cravings take over at night but I'm very active and I exercise twice a week.
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #2  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Hey Rose! I usually break a plateau myself by either picking one day and eating to my calorie limit. Or, I do 15 minutes extra cardio at the gym for a week.

Also make sure to drink 8+ glasses of water a day and keep low on salty foods and you will be able to see yourself break that plateau.

How long have you been stuck at those weights? For me I sometimes go a week yo-yo'ing but it will eventually come off the second week
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

You've been dealing with a lot. I posted something similar to this last week and followed three sets of advice: 1) stay on plan and don't overeat, 2) fluctuate your calorie intake for the week, and 3) fluctuate your exercise routine. The calorie intake is determined by taking your daily calorie allowance -- say 1500 -- which is then 10500 for the week. Instead of doing 1500 every day, have some work it out so that you have 2-3 low days, a couple of days over 1500 and a couple of days at 1500. Same thing on the exercise. If you do 40 minutes of cardio every day, break it up so you're doing say 30 and then 10 minutes at the end. Better yet do some of it at an entirely different time of day.

This finally broke what had turned into a month long plateau for me as I'm back to losing the weight again. Hope this helps.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

I always break a plateau by eating a lot of veggies and protein for 3-4 days and then for 2 days i eat carbs .......somehow this combination shocks my body and it starts shedding off weight......
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote