Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:09 PM   #1  

Question Mexican Restaurant

What is some good choices for eating out at a mexican restuarant? I really dont have the time nor skill to cook these favorites at home, so what are my options when eating out? Thanks a bunch!!!1
Old 10-20-2003, 09:55 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well there's always taco salad - hold the shell. Other options are fajitas with the fixins but no tortillas or rice or beans.....Of course any chicken and beef dish might be okay depending on ingredients...just watch out for the side dishes!

Froufy
Old 10-20-2003, 10:30 PM   #3  

Default Fajitas!

In San Francisco, we have Chevy's chain of restaurants where they have great fajitas, but most other mexican restaurants offer this entree. Of course be careful about tortilla chips, tortillas, beans and rice! !Buon appetito!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:36 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Mexican food is so loaded with carbs and so delicous that I would rather eat the menu itself than order anything edible!

But if I found myself stuck there in the chair, I would choose a fajita dish and just eat the meat and some grilled veggies.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:25 PM   #5  
reaching my goals

Mexican food absolutely is my favorite food in the world. I could eat it 3 times per day 7 days a week and still want to snack on it. I only allow myself to have the fajita salad without chips when I eat mexican now. It's hard to pass on the chips but it's for the best. On week 3, I ate only about half of a lunch size chicken chimichanga with a little rice and beans and gained back the 2-3 pounds I had lost in week 2. It took me all week to lose the 2-3 pounds again. So until I've lost all the weight I want to lose I'll stick to the fajita salad. One of the local restaurants here puts cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and chicken/beef on it and serve with ranch dressing. It was yummy.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:54 AM   #6  

So pretty much, just order something loaded with meat and I'm good? My local one has a dish you can get which is either chicken or steak strips with this yummy cheese sauce, if I exnae the rice and beans (my favorite part ) would this be a good choice? Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 10-21-2003, 12:30 PM   #7  
reaching my goals

You should be pretty safe with that. I love the rice and beans too.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:18 PM   #8  

would the cheese sauce be safe ..just wondering since it might be made with milk? I love cheese sauce..especially at the Mexican restaruants..yummy!
Closed Thread