View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #441
freelancemomma

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
Sure I could smoke right now and get pleasure from it and of course I remember the pleasure when I see someone smoking, but I don't spend my days longing for one (I did for a few months after quitting). I think if right now I had one, it would be easier for me to have another as opposed to if a forever non smoker had one right now. They would not be wired for it yet whereas my weak wires would strengthen. Of course this is just a thought, and makes for an interesting conversation.
Overall I agree with what you're saying. One of the reasons sporadic smoking seems to work for me is that I never got a "head rush" from it, probably because I never inhaled much. The pleasure for me was more mental than physical. I enjoyed the harsh taste, having something to do with my hands and mouth, and the soothing aspect. Once I made the decision to put very firm boundaries around the experience, following through wasn't all that hard.

The only times I crave a cigarette are when I'm REALLY upset about something. And I'm pretty certain that if I had to face some kind of unspeakable tragedy I would start up again.

Freelance