South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #1  
8 Hour Diet/South Beach

Default South Beach Bean Cake

I have a recipe for the bean cake that I'll be trying tomorrow. If it's good, I'll post it. Does anyone do the bean cake/muffins recipes? if so, do you have a favorite?
sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

There is a bean cake recipe in the Recipe Section. Most people love it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #3  
8 Hour Diet/South Beach

Thank you Ruth.
sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I picked up a deep dish pumpkin chocolate chip cookie pie recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie that I adore. It's made w/ chickpeas. I had to change some ingredients to make it SB friendly and I had to add some milk to thin out the batter (as written it's way too thick for my Ninja to process it w/o burning up the motor and, although she's vegan, I'm not, so adding milk wasn't an issue for me). I'm not sure if I've posted it here or not, but if so it would be in the Phase II dessert area.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OoooOOh, Natasha - that sounds delish! I'm not sure I could stop eating it though!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #6  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Default "Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Pizookie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
I picked up a deep dish pumpkin chocolate chip cookie pie recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie that I adore. It's made w/ chickpeas. I had to change some ingredients to make it SB friendly and I had to add some milk to thin out the batter (as written it's way too thick for my Ninja to process it w/o burning up the motor and, although she's vegan, I'm not, so adding milk wasn't an issue for me). I'm not sure if I've posted it here or not, but if so it would be in the Phase II dessert area.
omgggggggg - I LOVE Chocolate Covered Katie! She does some really cool stuff.

I didn't see your recipe listed (at least going back to 2011 in the Phase 2 desserts...) but here is the original... not too much has to be altered, just sweetener.

Her recipes are making me very anxious to get to "maintenance"!!! For anyone who doesn't know about CCK, look at this list of her Healthy Dessert Recipes. I think all are easily adaptable to SBD, Phase 2 or 3. I would love to make some of these things when I am going to a party or a potluck and want to bring something at least slightly healthier than the usual pies and cakes...

I've gotta try a bean cake again. It always sounds horrible to me, but when I have tried it once or twice in the past, I remember it was good.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
omgggggggg - I LOVE Chocolate Covered Katie! She does some really cool stuff.
I love her, too!!! The only thing I remember changing is using Splenda instead of sugar, obviously, and replacing the brown sugar w/ a Splenda and sugar-free maple syrup mixture. It is absolutely DELICIOUS topped w/ a bit of sugar-free vanilla ice cream!!! AND I brought it to work and have been asked by my shift to make it several more times since...and only one of them regularly eats healthy.

Awwwww, boooooooooo...I just clicked the link and our firewall at work now blocks the CCK website.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote