View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #436
magical

S/C/G: 150/125/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
Just a thought provoking question: what is a "craving"

I am feeling more and more a craving is just a jusitification to listen to our bingeing desire (addictive voice according to Jack Trimpey or animal brain according to Kathryn Hansen-autor of brain over bingge).

I will explain in the following post .
I read your following post and looked into it further.

There have been some studies that show that there are two types of cravings - physical craving and psychological craving.

"Craving for food" falls into the psychological craving territory because food is not an addictive drug. Apparently, cigarettes are not true addictions as well as they fall within the group of items that people crave for out of habit.

Since it is merely a psychological craving, most who crave for food find it pleasurable when they eat. That's where the emotions come in. If they don't eat (or if they don't stop eating), the body releases stress hormones that causes pain unless the person start or continue eating.

The studies go on to say that the brain can be "trained to find pleasure and reward in almost anything". To do this, they should create competing motivations so when their brains crave for something, they can properly weigh it against what they really want or perhaps need.