Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #1  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Default Rough Day

It's teacher appreciation week and our parent club put on a scrumptious lunch. I had no problem with the lunch itself - made myself a taco salad - yum!

It's the desserts!!! I thought I was going to cry. I don't even want to go into all the options - just suffice to say they all looked amazingly tasty. I didn't cheat, but now it's 5 hours later and I still want a cupcake so bad I could scream!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #2  

Im not on Medifast but I saw your post on the front page. Just look at your signature, you are SCRAPPY! You don't need no stinkin' cupcake!! If you made it all the way til now, you got yourself an NSV avoiding all the sweets!!

Just think happy thoughts of all the things that feel and look better than any cupcake tastes! And cupcakes will be there for maintenance some day, this is just a temporary thing!

You did great!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #3  

Great job on not giving in!!!
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #4  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Great job not giving in...and trust me...I know the feeling!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #5  
MF 3/31/13

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better now. I just got back from awards ceremony at my daughter's high school. Nothing like sitting on the hard, backless bleachers for 3 hours to help you get over a cupcake craving!

On a separate topic, my smartie-pants child won two awards, one for AP European History , and one for Algebra 2, confirming that babies were indeed switched in the hospital, because it simply isn't possible for a child of mine to be top of her math class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Im not on Medifast but I saw your post on the front page. Just look at your signature, you are SCRAPPY! You don't need no stinkin' cupcake!! If you made it all the way til now, you got yourself an NSV avoiding all the sweets!!

Just think happy thoughts of all the things that feel and look better than any cupcake tastes! And cupcakes will be there for maintenance some day, this is just a temporary thing!

You did great!!
Thanks elvislover! I needed to be reminded that I am indeed scrappy!

My work BFF did cave and had sweets (she's been doing the no refined sugars thing for about six weeks). She texted me about an hour ago that she feels like crapola. As much as I feel for her, I'm so glad I'm not in her shoes right now.

In about 20 minutes I can have my Medifast brownie, and all will be right with the world.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

First, congrats to your daughter!! You must be proud!

Aren't you glad you didn't cave now that alls said and done? I give you props. I did cave on Sunday! So good for you! And thank goodness for those brownies. Words can't even describe how happy I am that medifast chocolate does not taste like diet chocolate. You've just proven to yourself that you CAN do it, no matter how hard it is! It's so worth it in the end.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #7  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi24 View Post
First, congrats to your daughter!! You must be proud!

Aren't you glad you didn't cave now that alls said and done? I give you props. I did cave on Sunday! So good for you! And thank goodness for those brownies. Words can't even describe how happy I am that medifast chocolate does not taste like diet chocolate. You've just proven to yourself that you CAN do it, no matter how hard it is! It's so worth it in the end.
Thanks Andi! I do love those MF brownies! I'm really surprised at how much I like some of the MF foods.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178.4/163.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey Lady! You did great!!!
Give yourself a big inner hug and go forth with the knowledge that you DO have discipline and inner strength.

I'm starting week 4 and haven't had one alcoholic drink yet ( my vice), even on my 20 Year Anniversay last Thursday!!!

Know that you WILL be able to have that cupcake down the road but you gotta get to your goal first.

Boy, I'm gonna be tipsy when I have that first glass of wine. :-)
ChubbyChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #9  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChef View Post

I'm starting week 4 and haven't had one alcoholic drink yet ( my vice)

Boy, I'm gonna be tipsy when I have that first glass of wine. :-)
Thanks ChubbyChef! My Medifast nutritionist told me that if I absolutely MUST partake in a beverage with alcohol to have a vodka tonic. I had one on week 4, even added a lime wedge, and it did not kick me out of Ketosis (you KNOW I was completely paranoid, right?).
Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #10  

Did someone say vodka tonics?? My most favorite drink ever! But with olives, not limes!

(Sorry for the O/T post, I can't have drinks on my diet but I sure do wish I could! And I might need a seatbelt on my chair after my first drink, I'll be at least 130lbs lighter and without a drink since July 2012! I'll be like "Hey, where's my tolerance?!")
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #11  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Did someone say vodka tonics?? My most favorite drink ever! But with olives, not limes!

(Sorry for the O/T post, I can't have drinks on my diet but I sure do wish I could! And I might need a seatbelt on my chair after my first drink, I'll be at least 130lbs lighter and without a drink since July 2012! I'll be like "Hey, where's my tolerance?!")
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not technically allowed drinks either, but week two I told my nutritionist that a time would come where I would drink, so can she please just tell me WHAT to drink if I do (I'm a big fan of the Cosmo and the Mai tai, both of which are big no-nos due to the fruit juice - not on plan!). She chuckled and told me to drink a plain vodka tonic, as if negotiating I chimed in, "With a twist of lime? I can do this... ". I think she was in shock when two weeks lated I told her I did it and my Ketosis test showed I was still burning fat.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not technically allowed drinks either, but week two I told my nutritionist that a time would come where I would drink, so can she please just tell me WHAT to drink if I do (I'm a big fan of the Cosmo and the Mai tai, both of which are big no-nos due to the fruit juice - not on plan!). She chuckled and told me to drink a plain vodka tonic, as if negotiating I chimed in, "With a twist of lime? I can do this... ". I think she was in shock when two weeks lated I told her I did it and my Ketosis test showed I was still burning fat.
Mai Tais and Scorpion Bowls are my downfall, plus it leads to ordering Chinese takeout LOL!

I'm so happy for you staying in ketosis with them, and for shocking your nutritionist LOL! I don't trust myself to even try one drink (and I don't even have ketosis to worry about!).
Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

I miss my nightly glass of barefoot moscato! I haven't had any since April 16th, my last night before starting medifast when I binged and had a half a bottle Good to know about the vodka tonic, I'm glad you stayed in ketosis!!! I'll save my drinking for my vacation in July lol, but you can bet that I will have one on my birthday. Do you just drink it as an "extra," or does it replace something? I have to admit slight jealousy that you can actually get a test to find out if your in ketosis...I often wonder because I only smell part of the time!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to pop in to give you a
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #15  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Ketosis sounds scarey. Glad I'm not in that.

Which is good because, yeah, I drink a lot. I mean a lot. I'm talking total daily calorific allowance a lot (not really, but trust me...a lot).

But has no effect. Smile. Well, at least beer and wine. Cocktails are a fine line because of the mixers.

Last edited by IanG; 05-14-2013 at 10:49 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote