Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #1  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Default feel alone in the threads

hey guys I feel like I aint navigating the sight right or mabey I haven't found my place to check in and make friends what am I doing wrong?
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #2  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Well...there are all kinds of forums based on what kind of plan you're doing, how much weight you want to lose, and I believe there is even a forum for non-related weight issues. I've only been on here for a little over four weeks, so I'm still trying to navigate myself.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Just explore and keep posting. I had to do that too. You will find your way here! It is the best place to be!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I really recommend connecting with your "decade" thread. I just started one for the Two-Teens to ONEderland. But I also spent quite a long time in the 220s-230s thread.

And I sometimes post quite a bit. I'm on the boards a lot.

ETA: I also found an intuitive eating thread that I really like: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ting-17-a.html

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I've been on here since November and still feel lost from time to time. I think the "decades" threads are great. Since it is full of people at the same weight you can motivate each other to move to the next one. It also helps build relationships since you will be posting with the same people.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #6  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

The "decades" threads are great, I'm finally starting to get to know some people.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

It really pays to find where you *click* the most! I found the 100lb club years ago and it helped me so much in my quest for less junk in my trunk.

Now I'm @ goal but I can't leave, I like everyone too much

Sometimes it's in your age group, or by plan, or by how much you wanna lose. I guess find the most like-minded people and post post post!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #8  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
The "decades" threads are great, I'm finally starting to get to know some people.
I second, third, five millionth the recommending to post in your decades thread.

I started posting in the "get out of the 220s and 230s" when I first joined at 230. I then spent a while in the "Two-teens to ONEderland" and am now in the "get out of the 190s"--I've been with a lot of the same people and that makes a huge difference in making connections.

It's also good to start posting and responding to posts in your 'method'. I calorie count. I don't post regularly there but there are regular check-in threads. There are areas for WW, IP, South Beach, etc. I am using the Beck Diet methods, so I post daily in the Beck forum. Since there are a group of us who post daily (or pretty close to that), we all get to know each other.

It can help to put yourself "out there". Send PMs to a few people to make that personal connection--comment on their weight loss, on something they posted about their family, share something about yourself. It's a lot like making friends anywhere.

I (personally, no judgement at all) didn't find the challenge threads as helpful since there wasn't much personal connection--people posted what they were doing, but there wasn't much conversation about it in the challenge threads I tried to use, and conversation is what I thrive on. (Obviously I haven't read all of the challenge threads and your mileage may vary and all of that kind of stuff)

Although I post in all sorts of threads, I do intend to keep posting daily in the Beck forum and my get out of thread.

Hope this helps!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

There are times where I'll post in a thread looking for advice when I have absolutely nothing to offer. I just want the original poster to know that they have support, or that maybe I'm going/went through the same thing. Then there are the rare occasions where I'll actually have some insight to provide .

A few other areas I like to peruse are: general chatter; looking good feeling great; and general diet plans...along with the weight decades that everyone else mentioned.

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 05-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #10  
Start may 4th/2013

thank u all ur all so great .. I will definatly check all those out.. and thanks for taking time out to write to me ...it makes me feel welcomed...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #11  

If your current weight is still 225, the 220s thread is an awesome one to be a part of! And then you'll soon see the 2teens to onederland one and that one is just as good! I found them so motivating and had to make my way down all of them, I think I started 3FC at about 300lbs so I've been through a lot of them! It's so motivating to be on the same exact number with others and pushing and cheering for every last ounce to get to the next thread.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #12  
Start may 4th/2013

Darn elvislover you have lost a tremendous amount of weight.. I can I feel and know all that pain associated with loosing it gosh your such a strong woman and what you did takes courage and strength ..and if I can be half the woman you were ARE id be happy WITH THAT .. I think I did post in the 220 thread ughh im all over the place trying to find my place ..story of my life hehe
Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueMclean View Post
Darn elvislover you have lost a tremendous amount of weight.. I can I feel and know all that pain associated with loosing it gosh your such a strong woman and what you did takes courage and strength ..and if I can be half the woman you were ARE id be happy WITH THAT .. I think I did post in the 220 thread ughh im all over the place trying to find my place ..story of my life hehe
Thanks, Monique!! I couldn't have done all that I have without the wonderful men and women here on 3FC. They pulled me through when I needed support and they are the first ones to cheer me on when it's time to celebrate. To be honest, I get more support on this site than I do from some of my immediate family (not my awesome husband, he's the biggest cheerleader I have!!). I'm not sure what would have happened to me if I never found this site but now I never have to worry about that.

Don't let this site overwhelm you (there is a lot of information and a lot of threads). Find 2 or 3 that you can bookmark on your computer and just focus on those for a while. You are going to love it here, I just know it!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 287/280/180

Height: 6'

I'm glad I saw this thread, good advice for a newbie!
angelbuttons77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

i started with the exercise i'm doing and the amount of weight i want to lose threads. good luck
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote