View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #47
ladyinweighting

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Gayle,

It is really good to be back. Reason for my absence - as best as I know, I was really depressed about my DD's illness and about their moving to FL. I felt kind of adrift - not knowing if I would be moving in with them or be separated from my DD. Now that things have been decided, I feel better. They LOVE FL - even when it is 90 degrees and VERY humid. My bet is that they will end up living here year-round. I will visit. My DD had her thyroid zapped and is now struggling with getting the meds to work right.

While I have been gone, my weight stayed the same - 145 lbs this morning - but I have NOT been eating healthily. Between being depressed and having this esophogeal problem, I have been eating mostly carbs and fat - almost no fruits and veggies. I want to get back to eating right.

We came down to FL at the beginning of April. I have not joined a gym down here, but we walk a LOT. As soon as I get back home, I want to get back to my regular exercise program. Maybe I will do another 1/2 marathon.

What is going on with your job? How is Madie? What's new with you these days?

Hi Rosey,

I have been thinking a lot about you. I joined a quilter's guild down here in FL. I bought some books and material and quilting supplies, but cannot seem to get up the courage to cut my first piece. Do you hand-piece your blocks? I imagined myself sewing by hand, but everyone around here seems to do everything on a sewing machine. I wish you and I lived closer. I feel like I need a mentor to get started.

I see you are still listing your daily food. How have you been doing with your weight.

To everyone, I have missed being here and I am REALLY glad to be back.

Now I just need to make a plan for eating right and losing my next 10 lbs. Any suggestions?

Lynn