Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Angry 300+ and Ready to Try Again #428

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!

Old 10-20-2003, 08:18 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Ladies!
I am having a hard time trying to catch up on everything, so I am slowly going to get my feet wet and try to jump back in....

I took the batteries out of the scale today! I am giving myself a two week break from jumping on it every day! I know I ate and drank way too much on vacation last week, but I had a great time and don't regret anything. I have to focus on getting back on track, I don't want to be frustrated by numbers.

Mary - Good job getting motivated and getting back on track. But, like Kat said - focus on a balanced eating plan and exercise. Don't starve yourself. One day at a time! You can do it.

Kat - I always forget about the Skinny Post, but I am going to start reading it. I loved the thought you passed on to us: "Does this action or activity contribute to or hinder the realization of my vision?" Makes you go "hmmmmm".

Connie --- Congrats on the purchase of your treadmill! I love mine - I bought one last year and I used it nearly everyday for 7 months prior to joining the gym! I still use it on days I skip the gym. I love it.

J-ann --- Twoterville!!! YIPPEE!!!! Keep up the good work!

2cute -- Bravo on going to the pool!!! I didn't mention any good/bad dates for the get together, but now that you bring it up, the first couple weeks of June are tough for me because it's our anniversary and my birthday.

I know I am missed some of you, but I still love you just the same!!! I'll catch up with the rest next time!

Have a great night!
Barb
Old 10-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

I ate a popsickle 45 cal.
I am ok
Old 10-21-2003, 07:27 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Ok where is everyone? No one has posted since last night. Come out and Play
Old 10-21-2003, 07:27 AM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Chicks!

It's a new day...Rise and Shine!

Old 10-21-2003, 07:32 AM   #6  

Default Morning girls,

I hate to just keep coming here with bad news but my life seems to be in a blah......right now.

Heres the newest thing. The kids have been exposed to Whooping couph (pertussis) which is extremely contagious. So I called the Dr. and they told me to take them to the ER so I did and they had to stick a swab thing up their noses, which the kids did so good with...and anyway they are on antibiotics for 5 days and have to stay out of school just in case. Well since it is so contagious the ER DR. put hubby and I on antibiotic too and also my mom and my step dad cause the kids are at their house a lot since they only live 2 houses from ours. So today my mom is home and watching the kids so I can work for a bit, luckily my office is just me so I won't be spreading the germs. Then hubby is gonna be home tomorrow night so I can go in at night and do payroll for the week, then we will see about the rest of the week. Sorry I only seem to have bad news lately.

Hopefully this is all a false alarm and we are doing all of this for nothing....that would be GREAT NEWS!!! Evan, who hates school anyway is having the time of his life. He was in such a great mood once the DR told him 5 days of no school.

Food is so/so, I need to journal!!! Just been so much going on, and I know thats an excuse, just got to get in the right frame of mind again.

I'm glad that many of us are still doing good. And seeing lots of posts is great too. I do want to go check out that other post that Kat mentioned, and hopefully I will remember to...actually I will write a reminder right now.

Thinking of you all.....
Sandy.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:34 AM   #7  

GOOD MORNING BARB AND MARY....WE WERE ALL POSTING AT THE SAME TIME
Old 10-21-2003, 07:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

I'm up and about and ready to go get on the stationary bike.

I have a couple of tips for Tuesday
Make up menu cards. Jot down meals that are WW friendly and something you enjoy. Include where the recipe is located and any special ingredients you need on hand. Jot it down even if its something you make without recipes. Then in order to make a menu plan for the week, pull out 7 cards and you'll have a weeks worth of food ideas. Make your grocery list, shop and you're set for the week. I'm doing this for DH so he can either sort through the cards when we've forgotten to plan and to help him remember the types of meals we should be planning.

I know that some of you have been in funkytown of late and I've been there myself. Don't think of "starting over" because the "yet again" is in your mind. It leaves a trace of negative connotation. Instead, think of every morning as a "new start". Its a new day and new opportunity to accomplish exercise, try a new recipe, keep your points within x range, drink your water, plan. Each day should be a fresh slate for all the new opportunities. Try to get away from the feelings of failure.

J-Ann - for twoterville.

Mary - Great job on getting out and walking. I've been walking a mile at lunch and its wonderful. I agree about the slimfast and being hungry. Dr. Phil's step 3 challenge was about having all the right foods handy so that you can eat when hungry without indulging in impulse foods. He talked alot about not making it a restrictive, punishable diet. Take care!

2cute - Good job on going to the pool! Think of this as your winter routine and before you know it you'll be back in your own pool.

Connee - Good for you for getting the treadmill.

Okay ladies, I need to get off here and to my exercise.

Does anyone know how to post the link to their new journal as part of the signature section? I put mine in and when you click on it, it doesn't go anywhere but if you copy it into the address line, it does take you to my journal entries. I've been doing the Dr. Phil key issues and wanted to share if anyone was interested.

Seems like there was something else but I'm out of time.

Have a great day ladies! Think positive as this is for life!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:54 AM   #9  

Good Morning Chicks,

Sandy, bless you my friend, I will pray that it is not Whooping cough...my sister and I had that (at the same time, fortunately), when we were teenagers!! It was terrible. That is almost the sickest I remember ever being. Just take the antibiotics whether you feel well or not! believe me you will be glad you did. Take care.

Hello Mary, here we are! Let's play! Thanks for posting. We are so glad you are here with us. I know you told me you use to post a lot..to me it has been so vital to my program. I have been silent far toooooooooo long! Stuffed it all down with food, well not any more, guess folks around me wished I would SHUT UP ALREADY!

Terri, great idea about the index cards! I will try that.

Hello Barb, good for you! Glad I don't have a scale here at home! That would be too tempting. I am pleased with the #'s, but I am certain I could easily become obsessed, I try to wait as close to a month as I can, sometimes I get a wee bit curious and have to wi. Next weigh in is scheduled, 10/30 when I meet with my dietician. (I AM GOING TO TRY AND HOLD ON!), BUT, I KNOW MYSELF! (just spent years denying it ), and I may not be able to wait

Well girlies, gotta go exercise. No formal exercise yesterday., but I did some MAJOR CLEANING, I am sore this morning, but it feels good. I am so grateful to have the stamina now to do it. We were living in filth! and I refuse!!! to go back to overeating, and sitting there watching my life pass right before my very eyes. I intend to live in a clean environment, I deserve to live in a clean environment. I AM UNWILLING TO SETTLE ANY LONGER!! Whew! with that said, I am outta here
Old 10-21-2003, 09:31 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

MORNIN' TO YOU ALL CHICKIES!!!!

Wow everyone seems bright and sunny this AM. We had thunderstorms all night so I got to sleep with the dog, or really she got to sleep with me. Picture a big lady and a 50 lb. pointer both trying to sleep on the same single bed. Scarey thought huh?

Since Sarah Pointer is going on 11 yrs., it's time to introduce a puppy to our household so I can do the dog show thing and Sarah can retire from competition (except for tracking which we do for fun and exercise). A friend has a brand new pointer litter so I've put a deposit on a girl. It will be either liver and white or orange and white depending on which one I want. Just think I'll be house breaking a puppy in the middle of winter. Puppy will come home right before Xmas but that's ok in a house of adults. There is going to be a pointer with her nose out of joint when the little one comes home, that's for sure!!!

BTW tried the new Thomas' Multi-Grain Eng. Muffins, no trans fats, no cholesterol. They're not bad but they are 3 points rather than 2.

Gotta get back to work. I'll check in later.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:37 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Hey chicks,

Just checking in before beddy bye. See you later!

Old 10-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

We've been having a bit of computer problem here, so I wasn't able to get on since Sunday. There was lots to catch up on! I only have time for a couple of replies right now, then it is time to get ready for work.

Terri, thanks for the menu card suggestion. I used to do something similar because without, I'd end up cooking almost the same thing every night. It also made shopping much easier and less expensive. We always set up for 8 meals, because that way we didn't feel so locked in if we decided we weren't in the mood for one of the menus.

J-ann, grats on the terrific twos! And you are probably right about the pointer who will have her nose out of joint. She might surprise you, though!

Pam, I know what you are talking about with the cleaning. Grats to you for digging into yours! You are right, you do deserve to live in a beautiful and clean environment and to not be a spectator in your own life. We all do. *HUGS*

Sandy, sounds like you are on top of things. The antibiotic should keep the kids and everyone fine, yeah? I'll just send out good vibes for your health.

Mary, good for you with the SlimFast, but don't forget your snacks. They allow for two a day and a healthy dinner, don't they?

Barb, cute pics! And I love that you are giving yourself two weeks to work off cruise weight before stressing yourself out on the scale. Good idea!

I know there is more on the last thread that I haven't touched, but I've got to hit the shower now so I'm on time to work. Amazing how hard that is when it is about a two minute walk from my house.

Andria
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon!

Sandy...kids huh? I just had to leave work today because my daycare mom called at 11:30 and said Andrew has a 104 temp and broke out in a rash on his face and belly. I have to take him to the dr. at 2:30 this afternoon. Poor little guy...he is sweating up a storm but he is eating Wendy's chicken nuggets and fries and drinking ok. He is watching a spongebob video and repeating things they are saying! We'll see what happens!!

I gotta run and get a few things done here. I'll try and catch you all later!!'

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Hey friends...

I have a sick kid too, but she's away at school. I just called to say "hi" and she was in bed, sounding all droopy. Said she thinks she ate something bad, because she's been vomiting on and off since lunch yesterday. I wish i could be there to make her a cup of tea and rub her back as she goes back to sleep. My kids will always be my babies!

I'm dusting off the old membership card, once again, and going to the gym today. Woo hoo! I'm going to try a new class called "Body Pump." It's supposed to give "real results, real fast!" Okay, I'm game! I have got to work on making exercise a DAILY priority. Not only does it make me feel better, but it helps to balance out those days when I'm not 100% on the eating part. So that's my new goal...to exercise, one way or another every day. Think I can do it??? Of course I can! The power of positive thinking...

I have to make dinner now...chicken with lemon and garlic, brown rice, broccoli. What's everyone else having??

Terri, I love the menu idea...I've been toying with doing something like that for a while now...you just reminded me...I will work on that tonight.

Have a good night girls...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-21-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys !!!
I just got home from swimming again. One full hour... nonstop !! It feels so good.
Again there were not many swimmers ... but I have to walk in front of the ENTIRE weight room/exercise room. All of the treadmills and bikes and everything faces the hall I walk down. I HATE that part !!!

I know... I know .. I should stand PROUD. I am out there trying to improve myself.
I don't hang my head in shame... but it is hard to stand proud when you weight 300+.
I am not letting it stop me .. but I sure hate it.

I still have not read the old threads. But I do remember that J-ann reached Twoterville !!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Connie... congrats on your purchase of a treadmill. WAY TO GO GIRL !!!

Kat... You said... "No one can see you in the water" WRONG !!!
That water is crystal clear. The walking track is upstairs and you look right down into the pool. My big ole white legs GLOW for all to see.
Plus.. I swim in the lap lanes and all the real swimmers wear goggles as they swim and trust me... THEY SEE THESE LEGS.
BUT ... I am not going to let that stop me either.
I AM GOING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES !!! Whether they can see me or not.

Sandy and Michelle.... hope you and your families all recuperate quickly.
Mary... Keep hanging in there !!!

Okay.. I am writing off line and can't remember anything else. I have got to get back to housework. Hubby and I are going out for a nice steak dinner tonight. I have a lot to do before then.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-21-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Closed Thread