Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Talking Two-teens into ONEderland - So close you could DANCE

Well here we are....starting a new thread!
May everyone who steps foot into this thread passes through quickly....

Yet enjoys every single step of the journey.

lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #2  
Living Intuitively

Well there we have it, ladies and gentleman...a new start for all that reside in this thread - and for those who will be joining on this journey to ONEderland shortly.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

This morning I woke up tired. (In fact- last Monday I was feeling pretty tired too! I got up...ate a bit and then fell asleep on the sofa before having to go to work!)

But instead of slipping into bed, I slipped into my running shoes. As I walked into the street, I stumbled and fell. I skinned up my knees and right hand. But in that moment, I decided that I was tired of being tired. I was sick of hearing my own excuses. I was annoyed with waiting for the perfect conditions.

So I ran...I ran with bloodied knees and scrapes on my hand. And by ran...I mean...I don't know how to describe it....I walk faster then I "run." It's like I'm running in slow motion. I'm only doing the C25K W1D1 intervals, but it's difficult. Sometimes my lungs hurt and other times I feel like I'm putting too much pressure on my shins. I question if I'm even able to be a runner. Maybe I'm not cut out of for it...

But I continued on, because I felt as if each step took me farther away from excuses and brought me closer to the woman I see in my daydreams.

I put away my scale on Friday. I think I'm getting comfortable with relying on the scale as a crutch.... "Well...I'm doing pretty darn good on the scale. So I don't really have to push myself." No longer. I'd like everyday to be consciously progressively more healthy then the last.

How was everyone's Monday? What do you have going on in the week ahead? Any obstacles?

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-06-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Ugh been floating between 213-211 for a few weeks now.. TIRED OF IT.. i haven't been eating the healthiest though past few days.. been exhausted.. (we start 2 weeks of testing at the school I work at) soo I haven't ate the healthiest.. but I am starting off again weigh in Wednesday hopefully I will be below 211
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Hello. Been in the 2-teens for a few weeks now... Floating at 215 hopefully 214 in the morning. Although I went pretty hard int he gym today so I am expecting to hold a little weight until my rest day.

Today was an interesting day. 2 presentations at school, a nice long 2 hours gym session and now I am relaxed which I usually am not at this time.

Think I'll go to bed early tonight. Got work, another long day in the gym and some assignments to finish for the end of the semester.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #6  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Howdy everyone...been on rugby tour this weekend. Non-stop excessive drinking (including a morning shot) and terrible eating, but weight's not too bad. No movement on the ticker, but have lost a little weight. Back on the bandwagon today. I didn't actually play that much rugby, but I guess I was pretty active the whole time. We went paintballing. I've got some ridiculous bruises.

I'm a little shaky still this morning, but starting to recover.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Guys, thanks for taking the plunge and starting the new thread Lunar...I liked your post about your run earlier. It flowed like good prose.

I figured out that the source of my slight gain was not the alcohol from saturday but the dreaded TOM. At least that explains a lot...like my bad attitude, insane cravings for sugar, and feeling like I'm 5 million pounds. Sorry for the guys that read this thread...but I'm sure you're used to it from the women in your life. Anywho, I at least lost .2 today and didn't go up anymore, so I'll take it. It's a new day, am I right?

Hope it's a beautiful one for all of you
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #8  

I miss you all already. Hurry up to the 190s thread as I'm not coming back here.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

Morning all... New thread so I figure I'll post my weight and hopefully I won't still be here when we reach 500 for the next.
Weigh in this morning was 210.
Hope everyone has a great day.
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebenAlles View Post

I figured out that the source of my slight gain was not the alcohol from saturday but the dreaded TOM. At least that explains a lot...like my bad attitude, insane cravings for sugar, and feeling like I'm 5 million pounds.
Leben, you are scaring me. First we have the same height and starting weight... and now this, too?
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #11  
Calorie and Carb Counter

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Still firmly in the 2-ohs though I have been fluctuating a bit. My last final is Thursday and I couldn't be more excited! We'll be leaving for California in two weeks to see my sister graduate! I still plan on exercising every day of my vacation but we'll see how I do with my eating.
immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #12  
Living Intuitively

immaculte and jay- what are you getting your degrees in? I just started my Masters of Science in Management this quarter. I'm finding it difficult to balance everything...especially cooking. I felt like last week I was a bit careless, because my schedule was all messed up.

Leben, TOM bothers me. So does OTOM. I'm slowly learning to let go of my frustration around it. I can gain up to 6 pounds around those times. GR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlvj View Post
Morning all... New thread so I figure I'll post my weight and hopefully I won't still be here when we reach 500 for the next.
Weigh in this morning was 210.
Hope everyone has a great day.
I hear you on this one!! However- I'm not quite sure what my weight is.

It's weird not weighing daily. The scale is a huge motivator. So without it- motivation needs to come from something else. Probably something internally. Not having the comfort of the scale is scary. Focus really needs to fully transition to maintaining a healthier lifestyle. This makes for an interesting turn in my journey.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi all! New here. I'm at 203. Is this the right thread or is there a 00s thread? It will probably take me a few weeks to get to 199, so I'm happy to be here too. Thanks!
AnnMarie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #14  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Non-stop excessive drinking (including a morning shot)
And the problem with that is.....?

It don't mean jack for weight loss.

I can't say I like the new thread (let's go over 500!) but I am rocking the two-teens! With or without Elvis & Beth.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I can't say I like the new thread (let's go over 500!) but I am rocking the two-teens! With or without Elvis & Beth.
I couldn't wait to get out of this thread and now I can't stay away!

And Ian...I got my eye on you!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote