2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
6 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 6-ounce bone-in chicken thighs,
skin and excess fat removed
2 12-ounce bone-in chicken breasts,
skin and excess fat removed, cut in half crosswise

Directions:

Mix honey, soy sauce, lime zest, lime juice and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

About 20 minutes before you are ready to grill, preheat a gas grill (with all burners lit) to 400°F or build a fire in a charcoal grill and let it burn down to medium heat (about 400°F).

If using a gas grill, turn off one burner (leaving 1 to 2 burners lit, depending on your grill). If using a charcoal grill, move the coals to one side. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade (reserve marinade) and place bone-side down (with the thick part of the meat facing up) on the unheated side of the grill rack. Close the lid and roast undisturbed for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and boil until reduced by about half and thickened to a glaze, 8 to 10 minutes.

Rotate the chicken to other spots on the unheated portion of the grill to ensure even cooking and lightly brush with some of the glaze. Cover and continue roasting, basting once more about halfway through cooking, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat without touching bone registers 165°F, 10 to 20 minutes more.

Yield: 8 Servings Servings

Nutrition Information:
227 calories; 7 g fat; 81 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbs; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 366 mg sodium
6 Points+ per serving
mamaemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

yummy! going to try this
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I tried to make this yesterday - turned out to be a little more teriyaki chicken like. I don't have a grill so I made it on the stovetop - could by why it didn't turn out as expected. Needless to say, very yummy and it would make a good sauce for stirfry!
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I agree with you, Chahma on the flavor of teriyaki or some sort of Asian dish. I have tried it without the soy sauce and it was still good. Try it with pork sometime!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote