Old 04-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #37

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I have the most fun when sitting in the jeep waiting for Will when he is in some store or another. When someone walks by the Jeep I ask if them if I could ask them a favor and always get an eager answer of “Yes, what can I do for you?” My reply is always “Have a good day, unless you get a better offer.” I have yet to find anyone that wasn’t eager to do something for me. When I was in the Jeep and Will was in the coffee shop I pulled that on a young couple that went in and when they saw Will inside they asked if he was the owner of that Jeep Rock Crawler out in the parking lot. When he said he was that young couple told him what a nice wife he has and what I had said. After they talked a bit with Will they said they wanted to hang around with us because we are such fun folks. What a lovely complement. The folks in this town are all so nice and friendly everywhere we go when we are out and about. I love living in the ♥-Land of America for it truly is the most friendly place we have ever lived.

It is currently in the 70ºs as I type and said to top out this day in the high 80ºs which is lovely. Makes a body want to get out and do some yard work. All the animals like it for they are frolicking in the backyard today. Will is out fixing the tongue on the trailer we recently purchased so it can be towed by the Jeep. We will need it to pick up some of the supplies we will need from our favorite nursery.

I made a paper clip rope with one clip for each pound I have lost and it is quite long now. It has red, blue, green & black clips and for when I reach 100 lost and at goal I have some striped ones to mark those numbers. Imagine all those clips and each one represents a pound lost ~ 4 sticks of butter. It will be way long when I reach goal. :lol; It is a fun visual that I have hanging beside my upright Health O Meter scale. I love visuals. Everyone at WW meeting last evening got a kick out of my “Bearly Bear It All” and “Bad Habit Rabbit”. I didn’t take my “Thin Within” doll that has a red ribbon across her chest like a bandoleer ~ with little gold stars on it ~ one for every 10 pounds lost. I will share her at a later time. We were to share what we use as anchors while on this road to thin. My most main anchor is my charm bracelet. The bear holding the rabbit is in this room on a shelf right above my desk, the doll on a shelf in the kitchen above the kitchen table and my bracelet goes with me on my wrist. So I have an anchor in this room and one in the kitchen and one on my person. Believe me that paper clip rope is impressive and I suggest everyone make one and watch it grow as you lose pounds. Each of the paperclips I used are an inch long so my rope is now 88 inches long. I did show a gain at WW last evening as expected.

DONNA FAYE I hope your glasses work out well with you. I don’t think the mail system is ever going to get any better as long as it is under the government’s domain for they don’t manage things well at all. If a private company was allowed to take it over it would run so much better. It is a good thing to wait until closer to your cruise to buy new clothes for you may be some sizes smaller and may find some stiles better suited for you then. I need to buy some smaller sized clothes but am being resistive for I do plan to continue to lose more.

JEAN That is sad about that officer being shot. They are being targeted more and more as this economy gets worse and worse. I sure hope they catch that person and lock him up for a long time. Hopefully your game isn’t cancelled and you have a great time rooting for your team.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias ~
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #2  

Good morning flowers. It is going to be nice and warm but they are calling for more thunderstorms. We are getting dangerously high for the Mississippi, flood level. Flood stage is 34.2 and we are over 30. They keep extending the warning on the weather channel ap so I think eventually we will be flooding. It is already flooded in low lying areas, one of which is I40 when you cross over the bridge. It usually ends up under water so I sure hope it all settles down before we go to Indiana as it is the only way out of town to the north without doing a lot of reconnaissance.

Going to tackle upstairs bathrooms today. I also need to take my receipts and file them. I had a big ole stack on my printer needing to be filed. Other than that, nothing except fixing dinner tonight. I am making homemade sloppy joes and probably fat free chips.

Maggie: My glasses are doing fine. I may need a bump in my prescription in distance when I go in August, but they are fine. I didn't pay to have bifocals on them since I have a yearly appt in August. It is puzzling why my contacts are no longer working with the same prescription in them, but I am giving up on them and just going to glasses. I like that paper clip idea a lot. What a great way to keep track of loss.

During your prayer time, give a couple minutes for my sister, Alberta if you would. She is 68 and fell the other day because her feet all of a sudden were excruciatingly painful and then she couldn't keep standing on them and fell forward. I am concerned about possible diabetic problems as she is diabetic, but she also has horrible thyroid problems. She went to the dr yesterday but I haven't heard what she found out.

Have a good middle of the week. I am prayer for garbage haulers today and it is pretty bad around here now. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Cold Wednesday

OH ~ it is cold today with the strong north wind blowing with freezing temperatures and some blowing about. Cecil just came in all wet. Not a day to be outside doing any yard work for sure. Will went back to the place he had gotten the oil changed the other day and gave the manager a scare. After Will had gotten home and parked the Jeep then later when we got in to go somewhere there was a big spot of oil where we were parked. Will got his wrench and went under the Jeep and found they had not tightened the nut and oil was dripping out. The manager today said that if we had gotten down the road toward Texas, as was the plan, and lost that nut then he shudderd to think what would have happened. He knew who the one was that had failed to tighten that nut and was going to deal with him. We are just glad it was tightened before anything had happened other than some oil having been lost, which was gladly replaced. I guess that since he no longer changes it himself, he will have to just check that nut each time to make sure it has been tightened.

Will liked my paper clip rope so much he wanted one for himself so I made him one and he looked at it and said, “It isn’t very long.” (It isn’t long compared to mine.) My reply was for him to lose more weight and he could add more clips. I gave him a little bag filled with the number of clips representing the pounds he wants to lose so he can add them himself as he loses. It is such a good visual of a trip down the road to thin.

I am clueless on what I am going to be cooking this day but will go shopping in the freezer when I finish this post and get something out to thaw. I do know I need a fresh head of lettuce for I used the last of one yesterday. I like those bags of a variety of greens in them for salads but do use head lettuce of sandwiches. I don’t believe we will be growing any leafy greens in our gardening efforts this year. So far we just have a variety of tomatoes and peppers in pots on the patio which are looking fine. Our new little apple tree we planted a couple years ago has lots of blossoms on it as does the old tree. The little tree grows eating apples and the big tree grows good cooking and drying apples. I have never seen the old tree so covered with blossoms. Guess spraying it for bugs helped. We have a strawberry bed all around the trunk of that old tree that produces great berries. We hang strips of foil in and around the branches of the tree which keeps the birds out of the apples and berries below.

DONNA FAYE I sure hope the mighty Mississippy doesn't flood and do a bunch of damage this year. I will definitely pray for your sister Alberta. Hopefully the doc can give her some relief for her feet. Yes the paper clips are a great visual and fun to add them when a pound or more has been lost and watch the rope grow longer. There is a 4 inch space of wall to the side of the closet in here and I have a nail high up on the wall and have the chain located there right in my sight of vision and easy to add clips to as I shrink. I gave up on my contacts years back and am so glad I did. Will gave up on his shortly afterwards.

Have a great day Magnolias.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a gloomy rainy, windy, cold day in my corner of the world this afternoon! Sioux City has snow right now so I assume we will in about an hour. I had my nails filled this morning and should go pick up a few groceries. I also need to chase dust/fur bunnies with the vacuum!

Maggie -- I like to sit in the car and people watch, especially at WM. I've never talked to anyone unless I know them though. It feels like 23 degrees outside . . . too cold for May! I have a paper clip chain that I started several leaders ago. I should update it! The police officer shooter still hasn't been caught, but the police officer is home. The guy fired 8 shots, 1 hitting the officer, and the other 7 the police car. He was very lucky as he was hit just above his eye. He laid down in the front seat and called for help then drove after the guy as he ran down an alley.

"Gma" -- I wish you could share your warm weather! Do you suppose your contacts were the wrong "fit" and that's why they don't work for you, or can you tell it's the wrong prescription? I hope your sister gets some help from her doctor. How scary for her! I will send positive vibes that your garbage has been picked up by now!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy whatever you are doing and wherever you are today!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #5  

Good morning to you all. I feel for Maggie and Jean, because I read an article you might be getting snow again and some areas in the north heavy snow. It is dark and cloudy today and we are expecting rain, but I have the fans on and our air conditioner downstairs so it is warm here.

Part of my cruise clothes and such are coming today. I am axnious to see and try on the dress. Their dresses are made from slinky type material so they glide over your figure and are so comfortable. I wear a long leg shaper with all my stuff and keeps me from jiggling.

I am going to babysit on the Friday we are in Indiana with Jackson. We are going to have breakfast with my sister, whom he adores, then we are going to find things to do, check on my dog at the hotel and have a birthday lunch with my best friend. I haven't seen her in about 4-5 years. We haven't done any traveling since the cruise so I am ready for a road trip.

Maggie: I had a nice giggle at Will being a bit upset he had such a short chain. I think it was a great idea to set him up with the number of clips he needs to get to goal. Jack has about 15 lbs that he wants to take off still, but he takes a bit of up and down in stride. We have had that happen to us with the oil and the manager gave us our money back and gave the tech a piece of his mind.

Jean: We are almost certainly going to have a flooding issue. The river is now at 31 and 34 is the flood stage. Jack says they are gearing up to work the long hour shifts again but haven't really discussed it much. We are supposed to be right at flood stage by Tuesday. We live no where close to the river or areas that could flood us, but like the last time, it can get very hard to get Jack to work sometimes. Oooh, I am a big people watcher. We would sit in the cafes on the ship and watch people. We even saw a wedding party come buy all in gowns and tuxes and such. The bride looked pooped. When Kelly was in high school and Jack had a job where he traveled a lot, (back in the day where you could go back to where the planes pulled up, etc) she and I would sit and take turns picking someone walking by or in the waiting area and we each made up outrageous stories about who there were and what they did, etc. We would crack up because they would be spies, or serial killers, or all kinds of nutty things and it was a great way to pass the time. My poor sister is in two cast boots. Her one foot has wounds from diabetes that haven't healed and have been heavily wrapped and the other foot has a blood blister on the bottom with a massive infection so they can't lance it. She is on huge amount of antibiotics and in these two boots and she isn't supposed to be up on her feet. She has one of those seat type walkers, but that doesn't help keeping the blood blister foot up off the floor.

Well gals, I have chores to get done. Hope you have a good day today. Take care! Faye
Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is COLD, WINDY, and the ground is covered with 3+" of new SNOW. GRRRR! I've been to the grocery store because I never went out yesterday after the snow started falling. We are still planning on going to Sioux Falls for Ian's spring (?) concert tonight. Bob has some boards for Jason to use on his lawn shed so not sure what time we are leaving. Otherwise I have nothing planned for today except maybe a load of wash.

"Gma" -- Oh, what I wouldn't give to be running the fans right now! It "feels" like 22 degrees outside I hope your cruise clothes are just perfect! It sounds like you will have a fun day planned with Jackson! Does your sister live "up there" too? We used to do a lot of plane watching when we were first married -- cheap entertainment! Now you can't get anywhere near the flight lines. I am so sorry about your sister's foot problems. Bob's brother had an open wound on his foot and he ended up being treated in a hyperbaric chamber. He was very lucky and didn't lose his foot, but it took months for it to heal. I hope your sister can heal; it would be tough to have both feet involved. Does she still work? I know Amanda's mom is very careful about changing shoes when we travel and/or walk alot.

I need to dream up some lunch and better get a move on. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Thursday

It is a tad bit chilly here this day and I don’t think it got down to freezing in our area last evening. I am still glad we had put plastic tenting over our plants though for we certainly don’t want to lose these healthy looking tomato and pepper plants and our strawberry bed. We are still under a hard freeze warning so the plants will remained covered. It is currently 42ºs and a might chilly at that.

I am going to bake a box of potatoes and pork chops together for this evenings meal plus have some nice side vegetables. Will has gone to his job at the museum so it is very quiet here for the animals are napping and I don’t have my boom box playing ~ just yet. Give me a minute and I will remedy that . . .Twenty Years of Dirt by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I prefer the older music and have quite a few ‘best’ of a group CD’s.

Here are a few recipes I just received from my WW leader that sound good and easy to make. Good idea how to use “ripe” bananas.

3 INGREDIENT BANANA MUFFINS
1 box yellow cake mix, dry
2 eggs
3 ripe mashed bananas

Mix all together and bake as cupcakes, as directed on the cake mix box.
Add total p+ of everything and divide by the number of cakes you make.

CINNAMON APPLE
1 apple, cut into 1/2" slices
2 tsp. Splenda®
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. cornstarch

Blend together the spices. Put cut apples into Ziploc bag, cover with spices.
Mix a little and put into microwave on High for 2 minutes.

LEMON BARS
1 dry yellow cake mix
1 can lemon pie filling.

Mix together and bake as directed on the cake mix box.
Figure you points by the ingredients you use and number of bars.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you have a fun "get away" planned. Be safe, have fun and enjoy the folks. I sure hope that flooding doesn't do much damage if any at all. I would much rather talk to the folks then make up stories about them but that game sounds like it was fun. People need a "pick me up" and being told to have a good day sure helps them out.

JEAN We didn't get any snow or freezing but the wind sure is blowing and the freeze may hit tonight they say. I can tell when it is raining outside for Cecil comes in soaked. I never had a cat that didn't mind the rain like he does. I take that back we had a cat as a kid that loved getting in the wading pool or the flower beds when they were being flooded.

Have a great day this Thursday ~
Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #8  

Good morning girls. It is pretty cool this morning and temp dropping all day. It is raining cats and dogs here and we surely don't need it to. We are at nearly 32 ft and flood stage is 34. They have flood warnings in low lying areas out already for the rain today. More than likely Jack is going to be earning that fat overtime whether he wants it or not.

I got my sandals yesterday and my capris. My capris are down a size and they fit, yahoo! My dress is supposed to come today priority mail so I am anxious to see it with me sandals. The sandals are comfo so no worries there either. I need to check one more thing that hasn't been shipped yet.

Jean: I hope no more snow for you. I mean for crying out loud it is May!!! It is going to be a weird summer I am afraid. Yes, my sister lives in the South Bend area, but on the other side of town from my son. Her kids all live there too. My brother and his kids live around Chicago and my other sister lives in Arizona and her kids live in California, Arizona and in Houston. So with that being said, all getting together is not possible, besides my kids and myself won't have anything to do with my brother for a myriad of reasons so I wouldn't show up if he did anyway. My sister retired at Christmas time, but had a sit down job anyway. She is on a walker though and has trouble even when not having these issues she is having right now. She is a stubborn woman who won't listen to people, reminds me of my mother.

Maggie: I am a big oldies fan too. I have a bunch of stuff from Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, my favorite, Rick Nelson, Neil Diamond, variety CD's that have all kinds of artists. I am very fond of "British Invasion" music and Elvis and the Beatles especially. We have Sirrius in our car and on our tv so I can listen to all kinds of stuff all the time if I want to. I will knit to music. Thanks for the recipes. I really like the sound of the lemon bars and banana muffins.

You all take care this weekend. We are doing rugs this weekend, how fun. Faye
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another cloudy windy day in my neighborhood. A cold 32 degrees with rain on the way for the next 3 days at least. I have a perm later this morning and then a coffee date later this afternoon. Bob and Beth went up to open up the cabin today. In years past he has paid a cleaning service to clean in the spring; Beth offered to do it to save the fee; in turn Bob pays her as a surprise. We are hoping it will be warm enough to have everyone there Memorial Day weekend. Ian's concert was 3rd and 4th graders playing their "flutes," and singing -- about 45 minutes long. I'd forgotten about sitting on bleachers; 45 minutes was just long enough!

Maggie -- Thanks for sharing the recipes! They all sound yummy. A Sonny update . . . I picked him up and put him on my lap this morning; he PURRED loud enough to hear him! When Ernie sits on my lap, Sonny is usually either winding around my legs or reaching up to pat my arm to remind me he needs a scratch/rub too. Maybe he will turn out to be a lap cat after all. I don't think he is as heavy as Ernie now.

"Gma" -- Glad your capris and sandals fit fine. I bought 3 pair of jeans at Kohls when we were in Sioux City. I tried on one pair which fit, but not the other two. I did try them on this morning before removing the tags. The others were way too long. Hidden in the fine print on the inside tag, one says "short" while the other two are "medium." Now why couldn't they print that on the cardboard tags? We never see the families from AZ either, and they rarely come back to the cabin. Bob figures we might have two more years before we have to list it for sale. The 3 brothers are going to Canada this summer, fishing, but will meet in South Dakota so I won't see them. I do hope your sister will follow doctor's orders, and realize how serious her feet issues are.

I need to go down and check the basement for rivers and streams this morning. With all the snow melt and rain I'm sure there will be more than yesterday. I sweep it to the drain to hurry up the drying process which won't happen until it quits raining for several days in a row, and warms up. Hope you all enjoy a nice day!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #10  

Good evening, ladies! Another cool day in the 60s.

I got an email from the farm that my friend and I go to to pick strawberries and they are now ready. Oh I can hardly wait to go pick some.

I went to First Thursday Bee last nigh and had a lot of fun. Nothing happening this weekend but yardwork. My roses have buds!

Faye, I'll put your sister in our prayer book. She better listen if she wants to keep her feet! I'm surprised you bought your cruise clothes now. By the time for the cruise, they'll be too big at the rate you are going. That's always a good feeling anyway.

Jean, now that Sonny is getting to feel good again, he's turning into his true loving self. It seems like you just closed up the lake cabin! Time is sure flying by.

Maggie, the recipes look good but I won't be making them because of the wheat. I'm feeling so much better and have so much more energy on this research diet, I'll never go back. I've lost 6 pounds now without even trying.
I always say hello to strangers. It's just a nice thing to do.

Have a great evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

My California is burning again right along the coast. I sure hope it spares the US Naval Air base that it is threatening. I have a nephew out there that is fighting that fire as I type. I hope he stays safe.

I made some Red Lobster biscuits for dinner last evening and they were so good ~ dangerous though. Tender and melt in your mouth kind that I used some of my weekly +Points allowance on. I didn’t use up all my weeklies but could have easily have done so. I did make the lightened version of them though. All in all I did stay inside the lines and will watch closely what I bite the rest of this week.

Will has gone to the store to buy the ingredients for those recipes I posted earlier. The Lemon Bar one makes my mouth water. He is buying the ingredients so I can make them this afternoon. I’ll figure the points out before I bake them for sure and find out how well they freeze for I am not going to “pig out” on them like I did those biscuits. One bad move does not ruin the whole week though ~ but one is enough. Thank goodness for those weekly points :yes; I still have a few left.

Will got his new coffee grinder today from Chef’s and made my coffee just like they do down town with a double shot of espresso. He said he will have to take it apart and really clean the burr grinder mechanism with a brush because the espresso grind is so fine it clings to the grinder. That is for when he wants to grind regular type beans. If he used it just for espresso beans it wouldn’t matter ~ but it may get clogged up. It is a very good grinder. We shall see. I imagine he will have the store grind his espresso so he won’t be having to take his apart and cleaning it often. Anyway my coffee is soooo good this morning and he made it with fresh ground coffee and 2 shots of freshly ground espresso. My morning go juice.

DONNA FAYE How nice to get your things that look as good as the picture and you can wear them. You will undoubtably shrink some more before your cruise but they will be a bit looser on you then. Yep ~ those oldies are the best to listen to while working about and doing my exercises. I love to exercise to James Brown's ~ "I FEEL GOOD" which is my favorite of his. Hopefully your dear sister will heed her doctors words so she can have the best quality of life with her condition.

JEAN Already closing down the cabin. I am not sure what will be done with the cabin my family owns up 6000 feet in the Sierras out in CA. I doubt if we will ever go back there so it is fine with me if the other owners want to sell it or give it to the grandkids. I am sure my "opinion" will be asked for it there are to be any changes for there is good communication within my family on such matters. Isn't it great that Sonny has become a friendly cat since his bout with that nasty infection that took hold in his little body. He must be so thankful that he came to you in his distress and now he has his own little way of thanking you.

SUSAN Fresh picked strawberries are so good. Pick me a basket of two of those please. Ours are not nearly ready to pick yet but we are hoping we get a good crop when they are. Do you have to use gluten free products? I know that Bakers Catalogue carries gluten free mixes for intolerant folks and also offer gluten-free recipes.

Have a great weekend Magnolias ~
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #12  

Good Morning, Flowers! Same crappy cold, rainy, windy weather again today. I decided it is a chili kind of day so am going to the grocery store to pick up the chili items I thought I wouldn't need until next fall. Other than that I have no plans for the day except to maybe sort through some drawers looking for a photo. I have a 50th reunion this summer and they want photos of people who can't attend. I've never gone and have no desire to go, so will look for a photo.

Susan -- Fresh strawberries . . . yum, yum, yum! I would love to get outside and work in the yard. We are going to have a huge tree cut down that is next to the house. The branches are overhanging the edge of the roof, but don't give any shade because of another huge tree behind it. We have four of these trees and they produce a ton of leaves in the summer. Sonny will pat my leg to remind me he is waiting for his tummy scratch. He purrs so loud he rattles; makes me wonder why all of a sudden he has decided to let us know he is happy.

Maggie -- I feel sorry for the CA people who live close to the fires. I hope they can be put out soon. I love the RL biscuits but have never made them. Bread is my downfall! We are opening the cabin, not closing it. Bob said it was cold enough they could see their breath when they first got there yesterday. Such crazy weather we are having.

I'm off to the store! Enjoy a super Saturday!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #13  

Good afternoon, ladies! Sunshine today but only in the 60s. I hope it warms up soon.

I did some housework today and now I'm vegging the rest of the day. I didn't sleep good last night so have been tired all day.

Jean, Soony was probably feeling sick when you got him and now he's back to exact and letting you know he is really a friendly cat and glad to have human companionship.

Maggie, I don't use mixes of any kind. I don't do wheat but there is plenty to replace it. I'm mainly fruits, vegetables, dairy lean protein and a few whole grains like farro, quinoa, and barley. I'm feeling so much better since they told me not to eat wheat. I know you love your coffee. All that caffine would make my GERD so bad. I can only manage 1 cup of regular coffee and 1 cup of decaf. Tea doesn't bother me...go figure.

Have a wonderful evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Beautiful & Windy Saturday

Partly cloudy with the ever present wind blowing this day in the ♥-Land. I let Will have my allowance (on loan) this month so he could add it to his and pick up his historical action pistol. It is so neat ~ just like the ones pioneers used in the olden days. He has the “blank stuff” to shoot in it when they do their re-enactment. A noise just has to come out of the gun without the ball (AKA;bullet). He is downstairs as I type making a leather holster for it. He has made other guys holsters like the ones of that period of time for their pistols. It wouldn’t go over very well to carry a modern day pistol when they do their shows now would it. There is an event coming up soon and he had the gun shop owner order this particular “black powder” gun for him and I had told him at the time I would help him buy it. He will give me his allowance next pay day ~ there are some items I want to order out of my Chefs catalog which can wait until I get the do re me. Next week will be a fun time at the museum for the local public schools bring students to the museum for a tour and Will has a great time with those kids showing them cowboy stuff. There are several old saddles that are in dire need of cleaning and repair which he has been asked to take care of. He has ordered a real nice state of the art “draw down saddle stand” to do the work on. The stand allows the worker to tilt the saddle and lock it in to position to work on it on any area of the saddle. The museum is good about getting him the things he needs to do his work. There is a small building on the museum grounds that they are going to give him to open up as a “shop” so he can do the cleaning outside and folks can come and watch and ask questions this summer. It is a good little historical building with a source of water that he will need. He can use that small building to then lock up his tools and the saddles when he isn’t there. He is having a sign to put up out front on the lawn facing the road ~ Doc’s Saddle Shop. That is the name of the shop he had when we lived in TN. I imagine he will be down at the museum through the summer months on more days than his one day of volunteer work he is currently doing. He said it will depend on the days that the museum is the busiest and he may go down for an hour on that day but may just keep his Thursday volunteer day. We shall see. I have met all the folks that work down there and they are all such nice folks and good workers. The director has come to be a good friend of ours and he and Will keep the folks laughing and having a good time of it with their banter. The ladies tell me that they all look forward to the day that Will comes in to work. What great feedback about my main squeeze.

The dogs and cat have visited me here in my office this afternoon and are now napping. They will all be round up and ready to play when they all wake up. Cecil pats my leg and wants his ears scratched and then is so happy purring. The dogs are just exuberant showing pleasure in what attention I choose to give them.

For dinner this day I will be fixing chicken tenders, wild rice pilaf, corn on the cob and a tossed green salad. After I finish this post I am going to bake those Lemon Bars which figure out to be 1P+ each if I make 32 bars using two 8 inch square pans. I'll let you know how well they freeze.

JEAN Sonny is certainly showing his appreciation that you took him into your family and had him taken care of at the vet. What a purr puss he has become. Don't know where I got the idea of your closing the cabin instead of opening it but thanks for straightened me out. What a neat idea of sending a photo instead of having to go in person if you don't want to go.

SUSAN I am so glad that quitting wheat has made you feel so much better and have found alternative ways of staying healthy by leaving it out of your diet. I am so glad that we can drink coffee and it doesn't disturb our getting to sleep. Nice strong coffee helps keep me alert in the day time.

Have a lovely evening Magnolias.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #15  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's not raining for a nice change, but cloudy and windy; it's a bit warmer today and supposed to be even warmer as the week progresses. Went to early church, skipped a baked potato fund raiser lunch for JFON (Justice for Our Neighbors), and came home. I've read the paper, done a couple loads of laundry, and tried to take a nap. Sonny has decided my lap is a good place for his nap so had a tussle with Ernie who was there first. I finally gave up and got up!

Susan -- I fell asleep in front of the tv so needless to say, I wasn't ready for bed, when I finally shut the light off. Tossed 'n turned then got back up and played on the iPad for another hour. I'm hoping to stay awake this evening! Did you know about the wheat allergy before you went for the weeks study? I know from reading different articles that different foods can affect a body; the trick is to find the food to eliminate or work with. I'm glad you are feeling better and losing the weight is an extra bonus.

Maggie -- How nice of you and Will to exchange allowances! Makes me think of kids wheeling and dealing! I'm sure Will enjoys the kids coming to the museum. I hope they learn a lot! I wish I had paid more attention in my history and government classes when I was in school. At the time I thought they were the most boring and would never apply to me.

I need to make some phone calls for a P. E. O. breakfast tomorrow so had better get than done. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening. Monday will be here before we know it!

Last edited by Jean; 05-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.