Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What's your energy level?

I always thought my energy level was quite good for someone who's overweight. But then again sometimes if I compare myself to someone who's thin it becomes obvious that my energy level is lacking.

I have a house guest who's here for a whole week of work, we're working together. We've worked every day this week and our job requires us to be on our feet for several hours at a time. After work I am exhausted, I want to come home and veg. I guess I spend a lot of my time at home on the couch watching tv. Meanwhile she seems to have the energy to do even more work at home, go out of for a run and then go out in the evenings.

Her eating habits are also quite different from mine. She seems to eat a lot of bread, toast with butter and jam for breakfast, bread with cheese for lunch, pasta for dinner, and no snacking. Hardly any protein. She does not eat a lot, just a moderate amount.

I really wish I could eat bread and have energy

Last edited by Palestrina; 05-04-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Wow, she does seem to have a lot energy!

Sometimes I have more energy when I'm staying with someone else just because I'm not "at home" and don't have all the at home stresses--"I should be cleaning/paying the bills/gardening etc"

Does that make sense? Kind of a vacation mentality.

I used to think I had a lot of energy, but now I work in a foreign country with nationals all day. I come home exhausted and need one whole day off a week just to recharge.

Last edited by Just Dance Girl; 05-04-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #3  

I am fascinated when you can "watch" someone like her since you are working and staying together. So it's not in a creepy way, it's just a strong observation of someone's habits! I think you are getting a fairly honest perspective of her everyday life but like JustDanceGirl said above, she doesn't have any of her home duties to contend with plus I think she's being a wonderful house guest (most of mine crash on the couch watching tv and that's both morning and night!).

I have to say, since I started eating healthy and exercising, I feel like I can take on the world with my energy level. There is no more napping (either from boredom or exhaustion), I can exercise 2-3 times a day and be tired (in a good way) when bedtime comes, I can honestly say "yes" if I get invited for a walk or a bike ride without the dread that I had in the past.

I think my changes were a combination change of eating better and exercising more but both had to become new habits to do. I would sit in front of the tv for far too long but it's what I always did (plus it was prime time to stuff my face ridiculously the whole time). Once I got new habits in order, it seems so natural now.

The next habit to conquer is sitting on this laptop reading 3FC for far too long! But at least it's with tea or coffee and not chips and cookies!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
The next habit to conquer is sitting on this laptop reading 3FC for far too long! But at least it's with tea or coffee and not chips and cookies!
I hear that lol! The computer is a necessary evil. Maybe I'll do some kegels while I sit... that's a form of exercise isn't it? lol!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Exercising really boosted my energy levels.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I always ask other people what their energy level is because mine is sooo low all the time I'm curious if I'm abnormal.

My daily energy level I would rate at 4-5/10.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

That's interesting! Like elvis, I love to observe people like this! My own energy levels are somewhat dappled. I seem to be more energetic when it is nice out (and much more exercise compliant also on paydays or when visiting family. Positive events tend to boost it, negative ones tend to drain it. I don't watch tv, but I am certainly guilty of evening veg sessions on 3fc!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #8  

OMG wannabe kegels!! But yes they are exercise lol.

Breathing space, have you had bloodwork done recently to see if anything is off? If I had to rate my energy level, I'd give it 11 out of 10 (yep, higher than the max!). I feel AMAZING. This time last year at 300+ lbs, a 2 or a 3 would have been generously high.

Like Ian, exercise gives me energy. I tried to take today easy with no exercise. I was exhausted and bored. Went for a 2 mile walk and all pumped up and rearing to go!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

My energy is low, maybe 6/10. I jog for an hour twice a week and walk a lot at work. I get up tired and go to bed tired... I am eating carbs and protein, take vitamins... I attribute my state to my age (48), but I work with a 47 year old friend who can work from 6 am to 11 pm non-stop, without taking a break. She eats junk, does not exercise, and smokes! LOL
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #10  

Quote:
OMG wannabe kegels!! But yes they are exercise lol.

Breathing space, have you had bloodwork done recently to see if anything is off? If I had to rate my energy level, I'd give it 11 out of 10 (yep, higher than the max!). I feel AMAZING. This time last year at 300+ lbs, a 2 or a 3 would have been generously high.

Like Ian, exercise gives me energy. I tried to take today easy with no exercise. I was exhausted and bored. Went for a 2 mile walk and all pumped up and rearing to go!
Yes I just had a full physical. I'm in perfect health apparently. I'm not anemic, my sugar levels are fantastic and my blood pressure is inspirational considering how badly I handle stress.

I think I know what's causing my lack of energy - it's all this extra weight I'm carrying around with me. This is the first time in my life where I really feel like I'm carrying the weight around in bags.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I'm the laziest person lol
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Yeah, I have a ferritin of 10 :-( That's why. Lived with it all my life, even with iron pills it doesn't go up. I tried homeopathy and that's the only thing that worked (got my ferritin up to 26!), but strangely, it caused some weight gain so I just gave up and I live with my low energy.

Maybe once I get down to my goal weight I will try again...
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #13  

Mozzy, that can't be true!! You are dropping weight like it's hot! (To quote Ian, of course!)

BreathingSpace, sorry to hear that about your ferritin. It sucks when the side effects of the cure are just as bad as the original woe. I wonder if there is some happy medium like getting extra iron in your food? I'm sure you already researched everything, that was just the first thing that popped in my head.

wannabskinny, that absolutely could be true. Even though I'm still just about 200lbs, I feel like a gazelle gliding up and down my street walking since I dropped off about 130lbs! I was mentally looking at 13 bags of 10lbs potatoes at the supermarket over the weekend, how did I ever ever ever carry all that around on my body?!