Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Default Gym-gear help!

Hello Ladies

I'm visiting New York in two weeks time, and my main shopping focus (other than at michael kors, coach and tory burch - i have a shoes and handbag fetish) will be for gym clothes. I know Old Navy do a plus size range and last time I went I got some excellent t-shirts which I'm still wearing 3 years later. I just wanted to ask if there's anywhere else I can get some good quality gym clothes from?

Also, are there any shops you recommend apart from Lane Bryant? It's too expensive and I can't really afford to spend that much money on something I don't want to fit into in a few months time.

Thank you
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

If you have a discount store like TJ Maxx or Ross, check them out! I've found great quality workout clothes and sports bras at stores like that for a fraction of their original price.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't understand, are you looking for stores in NY or stores to shop for coming to NY? Here in NY we have lululemon stores that sell really cute work out gear. Also American Apparel. Not sure if they have an extended plus size line. For work out gear I usually shop at Sports Authority or Modells.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I don't understand, are you looking for stores in NY or stores to shop for coming to NY? Here in NY we have lululemon stores that sell really cute work out gear. Also American Apparel. Not sure if they have an extended plus size line. For work out gear I usually shop at Sports Authority or Modells.
I'm looking for shops in NY. I live in Europe and this is just a short visit for a family wedding, but I thought i'd get some shopping done. Thanks for those suggestions I'll check them out online before I get there.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
If you have a discount store like TJ Maxx or Ross, check them out! I've found great quality workout clothes and sports bras at stores like that for a fraction of their original price.

Thanks for the TJ Maxx suggestion, I guess it's the equivalent of England's TK MAxx right? I love that place! I'll look up Ross as well. I'm obviously going to be on a mission when I get there!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

If you have the time... I would check out Woodburry Commons... very high end outlets... It's about 45 minutes from the city, but there are free buses I think... People come from all over and literally bring empty suitcases with them to fill up to take back home...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote