Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #1  

Question Signing up today. Am I doing the right choice?

Hi ladies!

I love all the posts you have in here about MRC, but I saw some conflicting information in the maintenance section. I want to loose 15 lbs, but I am impatient. If I don't see results fast enough, I start binging. And these 15 keep growing. Do you think metaslim would be a good diet to start with at MRC and then go to maintenance? Would the weight stay off if I did so?

Thank you so much for the help ladies
pacocita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacocita View Post
Hi ladies!

I love all the posts you have in here about MRC, but I saw some conflicting information in the maintenance section. I want to loose 15 lbs, but I am impatient. If I don't see results fast enough, I start binging. And these 15 keep growing. Do you think metaslim would be a good diet to start with at MRC and then go to maintenance? Would the weight stay off if I did so?

Thank you so much for the help ladies
MRC is a great program and you lose weight fast but once you go on maintenance its' been really rough for a lot of us. Check out the book The Diet Cure
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #3  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

You will see results very fast, and the plan works because they will pick a menu for your body specifically. I used to be on high blood pressure medicine before I started and was completely off of it within a month. Myself, my husband, and my mom have all done the program. I have lost over 100+ lbs and I started last May. You have to remember that MRC isn't just a diet, it is a lifestyle change. If you don't think of it like that then you won't be successful and you won't keep the weight off. I had tried so many diets, even nutrisystem, and I would lose some weight(never as much as MRC) and just gain it back.
The thing with maintenance on MRC is you have to figure out how to maintain the weight in your world. Everyone has different circumstances in their lives so maintaining can be rough. I would much rather maintain with MRC than any other program though because my center is great and if I need them they are only a call away or I just stop by. I was freaking out on maintenance at first because it is adding alot of new foods in that I hadn't had in a while and I figured I'd gain some weight back and be out of control but I actually have now lost weight on maintenance and I feel great! (I gained for a bit but I know what I did wrong and I knew how to get it back off) I don't have any cravings or anything like I thought I would. I also don't usually let myself get to that point either where I let my cravings be in control of what I eat. I could go out and get some chocolate but I don't because I know that I can satisfy my sweet tooth with say a sugar free chocolate pudding instead. It is all about a balancing act in maintenance and it can get tough but anyone who has an addiction to something knows that it is tough. I know now doing MRC that I have an addiction to food.
I hope you don't change your mind about the program because I would recommend it to anyone. It has changed my life for forever. Losing the weight is easy if you follow the plan so I would still do the program no matter what you read because the thing is we all have our up and down days and I know myself I don't really post unless I'm having a down day. Also, the centers are all different and do things differently so something one person posts may be wrong with what your centers rules or beliefs are. Hope this advice helps you. Keep in touch on your weigh loss journey if you decide to stick with MRC!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #4  

Thank you so, so much for your replies. I think I'll go with it, cause I've been struggling by myself. I will be posting some more as I start the program!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I love this program, and I lost quickly so I have stayed motivated. Other plans haven't worked, or only worked for a short time, I even gained weight on WW. The counselor I saw last time I went in had lost 61 lbs. on the program, and kept it off over two years.
I think you will be very pleased, keep us posted! We could use more action on this forum! Best wishes on your journey.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #6  

Went and signed up today. The lady was really awesome. Gave me 2 free weeks, one free HNS and the cookbook as well without charging me for it. She also gave me my menu for the first week of pre-conditioning and the 4 week menu on meta-slim. I work out a lot, I was really worried about things I read about the diet being too low calories and my metabolism slowing down and so on. I asked her all the questions I had and she gave me her cell phone number just in case I need to ask her something.
I also loved the fact that they have a sheet of what to eat if you go to local restaurants and how to avoid getting off track.
So far, I have nothing but great things to say.
This week end I have an engagement party and my roommates graduation dinner, and she encouraged me to enjoy them and not feel guilty about any of it.

So this was my first time in. Will keep you posted once I get started on Monday
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #7  

Oh and I also asked if I could have my protein shake during the pre-conditionning week and she said yes. Didn't push anything on me or force me to buy pills or anything like that. Really just have me what I asked for.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #8  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

I am so glad you had a great experience, sounds like a wonderful center!!I love that my center has never pushed pills or anything on me either, it makes it more comfortable to be in there. Make sure you add more HNS if you are working out more to up your protein. Good luck on your weight loss!!!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #9  

Because you lose quickly, you stay motivated! Make sure and finish your program, stabilization and maintenance, many who don't gain all of it back just as quickly as they lost it. Stay motivated!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote