Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default swimwear for us bigger girls?

Im getting married abroad in 4weeks and i havent lost as muh weight as id have liked.

Im size 18 and still wana feel sexy and worth it.

What swim wear suits us bigger girls best?

I want something to make me curvier and my tummer more flattering

any ideas?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0

I got a suit from Kohl's that is very similar to this one,only difference is the color.I liked the retro look of it,and it really does show the right curves in the right places.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #3  

I have one like this from walmart except the straps are removable on mine. Love it!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #4  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

http://www.lanebryant.com/swim/view-...pper=96&Mpos=1

Go to Lane Bryant's link above for their current swimwear. I bought one from them that I adore for this season...and I'm a size 18...

NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I LOVE Miracle suit Particularly their halter one pieces because you can tie it up tight for boob support.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #6  

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

Being an 18 you might be able to fit into a "regular" suit vs. a plus size so you have plenty of choices.

Lane Bryant is having a BOGO sale on their site and I saw a lot of sales at Sears last night when I was there. There is also an LL Bean swim suit I'm dying to try on (shorts and a halter top style) but it's probably not the sexy look for a honeymoon you are going for.

Good luck with your search, let us know what you decide on!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #7  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

I had this in another color and LOVED IT. I liked that it wasn't a full skirt that would float up on me, but had cleavage and could be dressed up with a sarong and some sandals for dinner on the beach. Rock that body!

Last edited by 586; 05-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

http://www.landsend.com/ix/swimwear-...ed&pageSize=72

When I worked for Lands End, I was amazed by how fantastic their swimsuits were! The slender suits, while tight to get into, really did slim and give me more of a waist while flattening my tummy. Their other styles are also very versatile. They also have a GREAT return policy; if you don't like it for ANY reason, even a year later, send it on back. If you are near a Sears store, you can also return it in store so you don't have to pay for shipping!
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
Im getting married abroad in 4weeks and i havent lost as muh weight as id have liked.

Im size 18 and still wana feel sexy and worth it.

What swim wear suits us bigger girls best?

I want something to make me curvier and my tummer more flattering

any ideas?
1 Piece suits are soo in just now. Something that will give you awesome cleavage and black... then jazz it up with a colourful sarong. Have a fabby time
Di1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #10  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Simplybe has some seriously cute swimwear. I just caught a 40% off deal there yesterday. I'm in a 16 (14 in some things), but my boobs are still massive. I ordered this Panache swimsuit because it comes in bra sizes. The straps come off and it looks adoreable, but I have a feeling I won't be able to wear it like that.

http://www.simplybe.com/all-swimwear.../invt/ro617el/

I also got this tankini. I know some women aren't comfortable wearing them, but I wore tankinis at my largest. I also like halters to hike the girls up in. Most bathing suits with the pads and shelf just don't work for me.

http://www.simplybe.com/bikinis+tank.../invt/ro393el/

If you worry about your thighs, they also have some really cute bathing suits with shorts. I have a tankini with shorts thay I adore for more active fun in the sun. I feel so sporty and cute in it. The shorts are just short enough to where I feel sexy, but just long enough to give me some coverage.

ETA: I almost bought that swimsuit, 586! I had another like it years ago and adored it! If I wasn't so tired of hiding myself in black, I would have gotten it.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 05-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #11  

Love those suits, Song of Surly!! (Your profile picture reminds me of Brook Shields, so pretty!) And now I went searching through all the bathing suits to check them all out. I think I might have to shop in person this time around as my body is in such a weird place right now but I love this dress on that site.

http://www.simplybe.com/swimsuits+sw.../invt/ro571el/

Just found this one too, omg, I love it!!
http://www.simplybe.com/new-in/blue-.../invt/ro550el/

Just to go a little O/T:
(The last time the little boys were over from up the street were in our pool and I put on a bathing suit cover-up when we got out, the little one asked his mom why I put a coat on over my bathing suit. It was a couple of years ago and I laughed so hard. I was covering everything up!! Hopefully I won't have to do that this year!)
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #12  
Dropweight Diva

Oh shoot! And I forgot this one!

http://www.unique-vintage.com/black-...t-p-23203.html

Talk about hot!!! Unique Vintage has a ton of bathing suits in this retro style fitting up to larger sizes. They're not all high waist bikinis, but I just think it's so cute. Just weird tan lines though.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #13  
Dropweight Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Love those suits, Song of Surly!! (Your profile picture reminds me of Brook Shields, so pretty!) And now I went searching through all the bathing suits to check them all out. I think I might have to shop in person this time around as my body is in such a weird place right now but I love this dress on that site.

http://www.simplybe.com/swimsuits+sw.../invt/ro571el/

Just found this one too, omg, I love it!!
http://www.simplybe.com/new-in/blue-.../invt/ro550el/

Just to go a little O/T:
(The last time the little boys were over from up the street were in our pool and I put on a bathing suit cover-up when we got out, the little one asked his mom why I put a coat on over my bathing suit. It was a couple of years ago and I laughed so hard. I was covering everything up!! Hopefully I won't have to do that this year!)
I love their clothes, and they're really pretty reasonable. I could spend myself into homelessness on their site. I just always find something cute.

And thanks! I've had that comparison made so many times, but I don't really see it. I guess it's just the eyebrows. If I let them grow out, I'd look a lot more like Albert Einstein than Brook Shields! Hahaha.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #14  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I am looking forward to buying a flattering bathing suit for my husband and I's late honeymoon later on this year. I am glad that more of the vintage styles are back! Try to find something that is flattering to your shape. I'm glad high waisted bottoms are back, since my biggest problem area is a lower 'pooch'
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Lands End swimwear x10000!

Almost all the styles come in plus size. I like underwire bathing suits because when they support the boobs, it looks a lot more flattering. But they do have lots of suits without underwire too if you're not a fan. And they also sell in D, DD, and DDD cup sizes if you are bigger than normal up top
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote