Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Question Do juniors jeans have a different hip cut than misses/womens jeans?

I was wondering because my size 15s should fit now. I measured and I am a 15. But I have a slight-very slight compared to before-hip muffin top but just the hip. They are skinny jeans but I don't see how that should change any thing. Is it because they are juniors? Are juniors cut differently? What makes a juniors size different from womens? Also if it's not that is it just the brand runs a tad small?

Yea I've got A LOT of questions xD

I'm still gonna continue wearing juniors jeans either way-they can be so stylish!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-02-2013 at 03:15 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #2  

"...sizes tend to run a bit wider than the juniors because women tend to have larger bodies than junior girls who have not fully developed in their teenage years. "

As far as I have always heard, that was the whole point of the different sizes, wider in the hips.
TabbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #3  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

Juniors clothes have a lower rise than womens, so that's probably where the muffin top is coming from. This gets annoying sometimes, but jr jeans are usually a lot cuter!
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I believe juniors sizes are cut differently. More slender, not as much room for the waist to hip ratio. I could be wrong, as I've never been juniors sizes, but I seem to recall reading that.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Thank you everyone so much! Makes me feel a lot better to know it's the way the junior pants sizings are and its not me lol. 5 more pounds and I can wear a womens 14.... not that I'll want to xD I have like 3 pairs of juniors 13s to work on fitting into. I'm not wasting those I got them at the expensive freakin mall over a year ago xD

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a rather large butt even though I'm losing weight from my thighs and calves. Jeans that fit right are hard to find. I like women's flare Lee Riders. No muffin top makes me happy.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Juniors cuts are much less curvy from waist to hip, as younger women haven't generally had the pelvic spreading that older women and those who have had children experience. The cut is straighter and the rise is also generally lower.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Juniors cuts are much less curvy from waist to hip, as younger women haven't generally had the pelvic spreading that older women and those who have had children experience. The cut is straighter and the rise is also generally lower.
this exactly! ^^^ I still have a pair of juniors size 13 that I could fit just fine when I weighed 210 before I got pregnant with my second baby...(I think with my older son, when I was pregnant at 19, that my hips/pelvis never spread too far. perhaps because I was younger?)

anyhow since my second son was born, ive never been able to comfortably wear that pair of jeans since....even though I weigh much less now (180 instead of 210) AND have found other juniors pants that fit just fine....but that particular pair of jeans, I still cant fit and I KNOW it has to do with my pelvic area...its the strangest thing!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Yes. Missy is vanity sized. Junior, no.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Yes, but all jeans vary in cut & size these days, in my opinion, even juniors. There is no standardized sizing in anything.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote