Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default MAY Chat

I'll get the May chat thread going!

Hope you all have a successful, On-plan month!!

Last edited by Moondance; 05-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #2  

Happy Thursday! It's also National Salad Month!
Loss has been slow but steady. Now that I'm well again (had a HORRENDOUS cold a couple of weeks ago) I'm back with exercising and on plan with food.

Hope you all have a great, on-plan day!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

National Salad Month?? What will they think of next??! I will have to tell my boys; they think I am nuts because of the vast quantities of salad that I eat daily... Now I can tell them it's in honor of the special month! LOL

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #4  
Onward & Downward

Wow hard to believe May is here already. Already the 3rd and hardly anyone here. Strange!

Lol I have never heard of national salad month either.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by LuvCats; 05-03-2013 at 10:22 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5  

Happy Friday! It's also National Two Different Colored Shoes Day.

Had a great eating and exercising day yesterday! Scale showed it this morning too, down another pound. But it's not official...that's Tuesdays.

Otherwise, busy-busy at work, DD#1 came home from college yesterday, and gearing up for my audition on Mother's Day. Nope...nothin' to do.

newleaf123: I found this fun website that lists all the Holiday/awareness/recognition months-weeks-days. Today is also No Pants Day, Lumpy Rug Day, and Tuba Day (among others). Good thing we don't need a "holiday" to enjoy our salads! You should tell your boys it's a REQUIREMENT to eat salad on that day!

LuvCats: I know...May is here already. I'm thinking folks are out and about, plus this time of year begins all the end-of-school-year stuff and keeps families busy. I know I'll keep coming here. It keeps me honest and focused. Hope you have a great day too!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

Happy FridayAll!
I HopeEveryonE HaS A GreatWeekend!!
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #7  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! Happy May :-) Just stopping by to say hello. I just started back last week, on May 1st, so I am just getting back into the swing of things. Hope everyone is starting off the month strong!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone-
My weight loss has been slow, but creeping down little by little. My annual gyn appt. was last week and my doctor congratulated me for not gaining in a year. I told her I actually had gained but have now lost those 7 extra lbs. She was very encouraging about my new healthy eating. She also thinks my pre-menopause has stalled. So crazy.

All in all with 16.5 inches lost, I'm motivated for great May results.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #9  

Happy Tuesday! It's also National Wildflower Week (which to me is funny...way too early here for wildflowers).

Not much to report personally...just truckin' along, following plan!

vdander24: Hello and Welcome!

bbrides: Those are great numbers to build on! It feels good when the Dr. praises your efforts. I didn't know menopause can stall. What does that even mean?

Everyone...have a great, on-plan day!

Last edited by Moondance; 05-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278.0 / See Ticker / 169

National Wildflower Week? Well, if I didn't live in suburbia, I'd probably be cursing the wildflowers for my allergies! Ha ha!

I've been trucking along, but the fact that I'm not really able to breathe is not helping my weight loss efforts. Oh well, at least I get some beautiful weather along with my sneezes!

-Melinda
OtterMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #11  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

How is it we are already a week into May? It has been chilly and raining here in So. Cal, so a little gloomy. Weight loss has been ho hum, be I am not really surprised. (had a fun weekend, but not on plan) so getting into the swing. Hang in there everyone! tomorrow is HUMP day!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #12  
Onward & Downward

Can't believe it is May 7th and we are still on page 1! Very strange!

Welcome vdander (and any others who are new here)! Getting back in the swing after you go off is the key.

Lol Moondance I had no idea about the special week. My grandmother used to take trips to photograph wildflowers. I have a whole bunch of her pics I have no clue what to do with but I just can't throw them away.

Pretty good here... my middle daughter is home from college for a couple weeks before she goes off for her summer stuff. She will be here until next Tuesday and then probably not back until Christmas. Oldest daughter will be here this weekend so I will have all 3 girls home (and DH is home too) this weekend. Middle DD is gluten free so have been doing lots of cooking/baking experimentation. Some very yummy (and drat GF is not necessarily low-cal) and some so-so or even bad. It is a whole different way of cooking.

Have a great week everyone.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #13  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Default Back Again

Hello everyone. I used to use this site quite regularly, and then I got busy with a new job, and this sort of fell by the wayside. The last time I logged in here was 11-09-2007, according to my user account. I didn't realize it had been that long. But I've gained all of my weight back, plus some for bad measure.

I just got back from vacation and saw myself in our pictures and almost wanted to cry. I was torn between that and kicking myself really hard. So, here I am again. Five years older, five years wiser, and five years fatter. I loved this site when I was previously active with it. So, I'm going to try this again.

I've decided to get myself a part-time job of exercising, and trying really hard to lose this weight. I know I can do it. Unfortunately, I hit 40 five years ago, and all **** broke loose with my body. Working hard to get all that back in order, too. Other than my weight, the 40's decade has been my best. It would be great to have the weight under control, too.

Anyway, that's my story for now. I'm going to read back in this month's thread and get to know you some. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Take care, Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Moondance- The menopause thing is weird for me because I started to have symptoms (no monthly cycle for 7 or 8 months, night/day sweats, insomnia, abdominal weight gain and mood swings) which I had never had before once I finished with my chemo/radiation treatment. My doctor told me I was young (42) to have those symptoms, but you never know what the body is going to do after those types of treatments. But, now for some reason all the symptoms have stopped except the weight which I'm working on. It is so strange, but I will take a delayed menopause. I'm not happy to have my cycles back, but oh well.

Life is a journey I will gladly take it, just grateful for each day.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #15  

Happy Wednesday! It's also No Socks Day

Super stressful time at work for a last minute event which happens tomorrow afternoon. As a result, didn't sleep well. Plus, I was fasting for a blood draw this morning. I have a mild headache this morning. Didn't think I was so reliant on coffee, but apparently I am. TOM arrived yesterday, but still sitting at 185. Gotta find that silver lining...

OtterMommy: Allergies are the pits! Hard to enjoy the flowers when the make you so miserable!

vdander24: Hope you're getting back into the swing of things. One day at a time, right?

LuvCats: Our page is pretty slow these days. But I'll keep coming, as it really helps keep me on track. What is it about things like Grandma's pictures? I somehow got picked at the family history keeper. I have photos, bibles, plates, flags, coins, medals, wine glasses, yearbooks... Don't have the heart to throw any of it away. Your house must be hectic with everyone home. But I'm guessing it's a fun, love-filled kind of hectic. I've been hearing lots about gluten-free diets. Are you finding good recipes to try? I know there are some product in the store now too. Our favorite pizza place offers a gluten-free crust option too. Enjoy the family time!!

rtardif: Glad to have you back! Try not to focus on the past other than to learn some lessons. Look forward, make plans and go! I love your exercise as a part-time job. That's kind of what I've done this time too, and 4 months later, I'm still exercising regularly. I look forward to hearing more from you!

bbrides: I'm glad some of the harder symptoms of menopause have gone away. Hope the weight does too!

Last edited by Moondance; 05-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.