Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Default May Golden Girls

I tried six different ways to restart this

Bobbi please add our poem and hurry back we miss you.....k3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-30-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2  

Evening all...Quiet day down here. They promised us rain but never happened. Sorry this was such a mess getting this month's page started I have been yelling for help but guess nobody hears me.

Hired a new cleaner, she came 3 weeks ago and was good. Haven't heard from her since...she was scheduled to come back last Thurs and never showed or answers her cell phone messages. Between bum knees and achy chest it's really hard for me to push a vaccum. So now it takes me 3 days to do what used to be a few hours. Old age sucks!

My one bridge partner's wife has been ill. I made a big pot of Bog...Paula Deene recipe of chicken/rice/sausage for them. Delivered it Sat afternoon and haven't heard a word since???? Know it was good because we ate it, too.

Hopeful somebody will fix this page with our poem...lov'ya k3
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #3  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi! I'm Susan and I recently joined the Forum. I'm 55 years old and a single mom to 2 grown children. I didn't do too badly, weight wise, when I was younger. After my kids were born and for a while thereafter, I was in the 120-130 range. But, too many years of working as a professional (lots of time in front of a computer, little to no exercise, too many client lunches and dinners, etc.) have taken their toll, and my weight has steadily risen. I've been on various diets. Each time I lose about 10 or 20 lbs, but I then get busy at work again, only to see the lost weight return and then some. So, it's time to get serious, change my lifestyle, start exercising more and hopefully shed this weight once and for all. I began my diet and exercise program 7 weeks ago and thus far have lost 14 lbs.

Is this the poem you're looking for (I found it in the April Golden Girl thread)? If not, you will need to continue your search!

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is Love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Last edited by Tuscany; 04-30-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #4  

Hi Susan...yup that's the poem and I have been trying to transfer it to May page...Welcome to Golden Girls. Pull up your chair and between good advise and cyber hugs you'll get stronger and looking good. k3

Okay...I got a note from Donna and I can highlight the darn poem but can't copy it...thank you all for posting it! blahhhhhh not my day.....made a peach cobbler and forgot it was in the oven....peach crunchmaybe.... senior moment I suppose!

ps Donna get better!

Last edited by Karen3; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Thank you K3 for starting our new thread.

Welcome Susan ~ and thank you for adding the poem.

Bobbi ~ take it easy ~ you and Bruce. It is exciting though.

Donna sorry you have been so sick ~ hope you feel better soon and that it doesn't return.

Cajun ~ glad you had a nice weekend.

Rosey ~ glad you got to enjoy some sunshine and reading on your deck.

Mary ~ how was the Murder Mystery Dinner theater?

Hi K31.

Back to work tomorrow.

Hope you all rest well.

Last edited by glynne; 04-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen-- I don't know but can you "copy and paste" the original poem back in to your first post? I don't have a clue how to start a thread
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Susan-- jump in and pull up a chair.

Bobbi, sounds like you and Bruce are staying really busy. Sure hope you are taking pictures aas you go. So much fun to go back and look at them.

Donna, sure hope you are feeling better tonight. Let us know.

Gayle, hope you enjoyed your "sunshines" Have a good day off.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. bobbie you make me tired too but how exciting.K 31 i want to try that recipe sounds yummy,i made a soup like stew today using barley,turned out really good. i love one pot meals.Donna so sry you have been sick,change your tooth brush so u dont reinfect yourself . spent some time on the deck. steve was trying to get pics of me and the dogs. they wouldnt co-operate lol tootsie was sitting on my shoulder. steve went to visit his mom last night. shes 91 and has dementia. at times i think she knows what she says even if it hurts becuz she apologizes the next day, anyways she said some really mean things last nite. its hard to let it go becuz she was a terrible parent and what she said steve experienced all his life. i was so angry at her and the nice guy that he is,he still is doing his duty to her even tho she doesnt deserve it. i admire him for it. id like to smack her. thxs for listening rosey

breakfast
coffee
yogurt

lunch
1 slice pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
barley stew
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #9  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - I posted the poem into a PM for you. Just highlight it, copy it, go to your original post, hit edit, and you can put the poem into your post. Thanks for doing this!

I do feel some better tonight. I discovered Mucinex DM ($15 a box!! Better be good!), and it seems to be working. Boss lady sent me home early, so I took a nap. If this damn stuff doesn't come back on me again, I'll be a happy, happy sprite!

Time to change to my May pictures! Later, lovelies!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, just now have time to post. Today is my dh's birthday and NOT a day for dieting! At least we did go to the gym! I did a mile walking and jogging (I walk fast but jog slowly...wierd!), plus my usual routine.

Our dd took us out to lunch and I thought I did pretty well ...house salad and 1/2 cheese bread, but then when the waitress found out it was dh's birthday she brought him a large piece of pecan pie a la mode and of course I had to help him eat it...dd and the gc ate a few bites too, thank goodness. It had caramel bourbon sauce on it and was VERY rich but SO yummy!

Then we went to a Japanese buffet for dinner as dh's been wanting to try it and his meal was free since it was his birthday. Again, my downfall was the dessert and actually it wasn't all that good. The other food was but not the dessert..IMHO anyway...but I still ate it, stupid, right? Never eat something you don't really care about unless you're starving. I must remember that....
Tomorrow is my "weigh-in" day but I don't think I'll lose now. Maybe I'll make my "weigh-in" day Thurs instead.

Anyway here's my sad eating day:
breakfast
pb mocha

lunch
smallish salad (even had bacon and eggs in it)
1/2 cheese bread
shared pecan pie a la mode with dh

afternoon snack
sunflower seeds

dinner
Japanese buffet - Oh my!

Donna - Glad you're feeling better. My dd likes that product.

Rosey - Sorry about your mil. Some people know what they are saying but can't seem to stop themselves due to issues they have inside themselves. At this stage of her life she is not likely to change but maybe she is sorry afterwards. It must be very difficult to endure and I admire how well you and your dh handle it.

Glynne - We enjoyed the mystery theater dinner. It was silly and fun, something I wanted to do once but don't really care about doing again. The food was better than I expected, but dh didn't like his. My team (those at our table) figured out who did it but so did most of the others.

Tuscany - Welcome to the GGs! This is a good group.

Karen3 - I hate when people do that...don't show, don't call, nothing! I have never had a cleaning lady but I've had lots of guys not show up for work when I said they would and not even have the decency to call. It seems to be difficult to find reliable people any more. Thanks for starting the thread.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #11  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks K3
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #12  

Bobbbi....... k3
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies
Monday morning I got on the scale after not being on it a few weeks. I knew my smallest pants were too tight to wear and I was trying to get back on my diet with no success. My lowest weight was 205. Monday morning it was 219.5. Wow. I wasn't surprised though. I felt bad and no exercise. I have worked too hard this last year to go back to wear I was. I dig real deep and looked at myself and knew what I had to do. So Monday morning I started over and forced myself to start jogging on my mini trampoline. All I could do was 15 minutes and I was done. Yesterday I did 20 minutes. I'm fixing to get on it after this post and I'll try to add a few more minutes. I need to do this so bad. If I can get thru this week and the next I think my body will quit craving the carbs.

It's time to jog. Be back after for personels
Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Yay I did my jogging. Added 5 minutes. I will get back to where I was.

Karenfl thanks for taking Bobbi's place. I don't know what I would do without you ladies. People don't want to work. They want everything free. The farmers are having to hire Mexicans to do farm work because they can't find anyone that wants to work and is dependable. Hope you find yourself another cleaning lady.

Susan we are glad you joined our group. These ladies are awesome. There is nothing you can talk about. We are all in this together. Thanks for helping Karen out with the poem. Congrats on the 14 lb weight loss. AWESOME. Your doing great.

Gayle I think most of my weekends are nice. I live for weekends. Dh and I are either fishing hunting or camping.

Karen31 how have you been?

Rosey your dh is doing what he can do and will have no regrets. I'm told when people have this disease its so hard on the kids because of things that are said that are hurtful. We always try and remember the good visits before the illness took control of them. We have a family member that we just went thru that.

Donna I hope you get to feeling better.

Mary I admire you so much with your exercise and dieting. You never give up. That pecan pie sounded dangerous. Lol

Bobbi I can't wait to see your pics. You and your dh sounds like my dh and I when we are on a project.

Out of time
Hi to all

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I gained .6# after yesterday's big eating day. I'm back on track so far today ..LOL ..only one meal so far. I had a rough night last night...a family concern, plus arm pain. Even my other arm was hurting..sympathizing I guess. Anyway didn't get much sleep even though I took pm pain med. So I didn't go to the gym. Dh went to the gym and now is out getting a haircut while I putter around here. Haven't done much housework this week so hoping to catch up a bit this afternoon and I want to go to Bible study tonight.

Meals so far:
Breakfast
pb mocha with added protein

lunch
turkey and ham sandwich
canned peaches and 1 oz cheese

Afternoon snack
Peanuts
Hot cider

dinner - yummy!
1/2 salmon filet
red potatoes - abt 1/2 cup - both potatoes cooked together in my "waterless" cookware, then drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with herbal provence. I wasn't sure I'd like them but I really did.
sweet potato - abt 1/4 cup
asparagus stir-fried in a little olive oil
1/2 med apple

Eve snack
1/4 c peanuts
4 Pc chocolate

Cajun - I am amazed how fast the weight comes back on if we let up even a little! But keep working at it. You'll be that much healthier for it. And no, I never will give up as long as I am able.

Last edited by maryea; 05-02-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: to add more
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote