Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default May 2013 Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Everyone is Welcome to Join

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

May 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great April!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

My May Goals:

1. Get back to tracking
2. Attend a WW meeting each week
3. Check in here daily (after I return from FL on 5/7
4. Get back to working out at least 4 times a week
5. Drink at least 8 glassses of water daily
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi GettinFit - thanks for getting us started! Great to have you back with us and it sounds like you have some great goals for the month.

April was a great month for me - in doing some experimenting, I have found that eating smaller amounts more often and really limiting carbs and focusing on protein and fats and veggies is the key for weight loss for me. I lost 9.4 pounds in the month of April. I realize this pace will probably slow down, but as long as I keep losing, I'll be content. It is exciting to be so close to onederland and to being out of the obese BMI category.

My goals for May:
1) Stay on plan with eating - limiting carbs, snacking to keep hunger at bay.
2) Work out at least four times a week - yoga class, brisk walk for at least 45 minute or run for at least 35 minutes, swim laps, workout video.
3) Build more movement into my day - get the mail in the office (involves both a few minutes of walking and some nice fresh air time), work standing up instead of sitting, park further away when running errands, etc.
4) Stay on track during a nine day visit to the midwest to see family and friends. This will be the biggest challenge, as I will be eating at other people's houses, meeting people for coffee or a meal. My parents eat clean, so it shouldn't be a problem at their house, which is where I will be most of the time. I'll make sure to have healthy snacks, and if I'm in a situation where I don't have that much control of what I'm served, I'll just focus on the protein and veggies. I don't want to make a big deal out of my new dietary habits and have that conversation with people.

I don't like to set firm weight loss goals, only behavior goals, but I do hope that I can get firmly established in the 190s during the month of June. I am ready to put that "2" behind me for good!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #4  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Yay! I'm excited!

My May goals:

#1 - Get back to the 130s and slowly move down in the 120s direction
#2 - Focus on my mid-section a little more while exercising
#3 - Experiment more with high-protein + high-fat meals. I feel like limiting carbs really curbs my cravings but I don't wanna jump to any conclusions yet since it's only been a few days
#4 - Run 6.2 miles (10k) on the treadmill
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Congrats on your big loss Cecilia!

My goals for May are
1) eat 1700-1800 calories
2) exercise 3 - 6 times a weeks
3) don't eat sugar
4) do all the other little healthy lifestlye things I try to do (for example, adequate sleep)
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #6  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I'm just starting (again!), so my plan is as per the title.

1. Stay on plan foodwise - if i can do this in May i'm happy
2. Go running at least twice a week and increase exercise generally
3. Do at least once-daily physio (for shoulder cuff surgery repair)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to be back to posting. Today was an okay day for me. I had lots of running around to do getting ready for my trip so I didn't get to walk today. My eating was okay but I didn't track my Points. I will do better tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #8  

My Goals for May:

1. Exercise 25 out of 31 days.
2. Walk the dog twice a week.
3. Walk/Run/Bike 150+ miles.

Hello Everyone! Happy May Day!

OP for the day and I did 62 minutes of wfp. My scale was finally friendly to me this morning--yeah! 178.6. I hope to be 171.6 by May 31st--although 169.8 would be fabulous I just don't think a 9 pound loss in one month is a reasonable goal for me. I'm usually steady at around 7 pounds per month.

Anyway, have a great Thursday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies. Happy May Day!!

GettinFit - Good to have you back on the board. I hope your time off will give you a good headstart for the month.

1. No sugar or startch/Keep (net) carbs under 30g
2. Drink 2.5L of water per day
3. "Exercise" 4 days per week (but move EVERYDAY)
4. Check in to the board daily

So far so good, my eating was OP with my net carbs at 28g. I was a little under on the water ~2.2L. And did one hour skating today as well as yoga in the a.m.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #10  
Breathing.

Hey guys,

Had a super stressful day today. Do you know that feeling when somebody is trying to charge you for something and you have no idea why and what for? Well, got a bill from eBay today and I was outraged. I stress over things like that so easily, especially when it comes to money. Also, I got my haircut and let me tell you...there is a reason why I don't trust hairdressers, ever. I'm not completely unhappy but not satisfied either. Whatever, it's too late now anyways :/

I was completely off plan today. I did walk a lot but didn't go to the gym. I probably had a gazillion calories in junk food today. Also, I drank tons of water but again - barely had to go to the bathroom.

Tomorrow is gonna be a better and healthier day, I know it. I don't regret what I ate today but I'm really motivated to stay OP tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great start!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #11  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Missed Day 1 of May??!

Did I seriously forget to post on May 1st? Yeah probably... sounds like me!
I was sleeping all day to try to catch up!! At work now!!

I have figured out my goals for May and I said I would not do such a big goal as I did this past month but I changed my mind! LOL So here are my goals for May 2013!!

1. Goal weight is 158lbs by May 31st! (10 pounds)
2. Be consistent with staying OP for eating!! Keep up with the good water intake.
3. Finish at least Week 3 of Couch to 5K!!
4. Complete Squat challenge!!
5. Have fun with my exercise!!
6. MOST IMPORTANT: Get Enough Sleep

I think these are all positive goals and I can achieve them if I try really hard!!

I do have something exciting to share!! I got a call from a Specialty Hospital about a job interview for next week!! I m so excited I am about to BURST!!

I was OP today (and yesterday LOL)

I went back to my trusty chicken breast for protein! Sometimes it is just easier!!

Hope all has a good Thursday! Later!

= 5 pounds
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends,

Scale said 202 this morning - down a pound! With my tendency to "whoosh" on occasion that means onederland could happen any day now! It is a good way to start off the month. OP eating yesterday - I was at an event where cake was served and I had a tiny sliver and made that my afternoon snack with a cup of coffee and was able to stay on track the rest of the day. On plan so far today and I have a run scheduled for this afternoon.

I enjoyed reading everyone's goals, and thought it was interested that getting enough sleep is on a few lists. That is definitely important for me, too - for weight loss, mood, productivity, etc.

Junebug - exciting news about the job interview! And way to go with your progress with C25k!

Hoopty - glad you are motivated today. Sorry about your haircut - it will grow out!

Lotus - wow, net carbs at 30 g, that's low but I can definitely imagine it being effective for us folks who thrive on lower carb diets. Let us know some of your foods for keeping your carbs at that level - I'm sure I could learn a thing or two!

GettinFit - have a great trip!

Kaitie - here's to you moving through the 170s in May!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #13  
Breathing.

Good afternoon girls,

junebug37 - BIG Congrats on the job interview! I've been hating squats lately so I switched to the leg press machine, lol!

SuperCecilia - You're almost there!!! I am really excited for you

I was OP for the day. I woke up this morning and I was starving! Whenever I have junk food at night I wake up with the biggest hunger feeling ever.
I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast, ran 3.65 miles and did exercises for my abs/obliques, back and arms. For lunch I had tofu, tomatoes, avocado, baby spinach, red onions, black beans, Greek yogurt and 1/2 apple + 1/2 pear. I know, I've been eating the same thing for lunch lately, lol! I plan on walking to Walgreens in a little while to buy a new base coat for my fingernails and then I'm gonna have some leftover fruit + Greek yogurt for dinner later.
Oh! I was curious to see how much I'd weigh today so I hopped on the scale at the gym: 144.6 lbs pre-workout and 142.6 lbs post-workout. Urgh. It does kinda suck to see that I went up again but hey - what can I expect after so much junk food + PMS, I mean really? My "real" weigh-in is next Wednesday so I'm not gonna worry until then.

Tomorrow is gonna be a big day and I'm super excited. I haven't been back to the city since we moved Upstate in late July. Well, it's also gonna be a big day calorie-wise buuuut we'll be walking around the whole time anyways and I plan on going to the gym on Saturday.

Anyways, I'll check back later!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

OP today
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #15  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Happy Happy Happy

Hoopty- Thank you! I am so excited

I for one am feeling so blessed and proud this week!!

First the job interview, second how I was so determined to stay OP this week AND DID IT!! And last but not least my weigh in today!!

Usually weigh ins are a way for me to track my weekly progress BUT today my center decided to do measurements (done last on April 11). When I heard this # I was so shocked!!!

I have lost a total of 31.25 inches since March 7th!!!!!! I can't wrap my brain around it yet!!!!!!!

I also lost 2 pounds since Monday!! Only 2 pounds away from my 1/2 way to goal mark!! At the center they said yes of course that is great but the inches lost are a huge deal right now!!!!

I AM ON CLOUD NINE!!

I hope everyone has a stress free Friday!!! I'm just going to stay OP and pay very close attention to everything I put in my mouth and how much I am moving!!

= 5 pounds

junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote